VG/PG question

Total Noob here … if your VG & PG don’t have any nic in them how do you enter them into the calculator? If you buy the VG/PG at a 70/30 mix with your desired nic level how do you enter that into the calculator? I’ve read the excellent posts in the Beginner section but I’m still confused. Maybe I’m just not too bright.

Also does anyone ever used the 1 hit pods for testing?

2 Likes

Here an example
http://tjek.nu/r/fWPf?token=abbcfe819c4d00c

1 Like

But keep in mind that the finish liquid will change when you add flavor

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply but how do you change it to nic juice?

1 Like

Okay…so if the premixed 70/30 was 3mg strength and I wanted 3mg liquid (flavourless) it would look like this:

Bear in mind that adding flavours will reduce your VG/PG ratio as well as reduce your overall nicotine strength :+1:

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: It is with nic that i give you. Sorry if I don’t understand somethink clear.

2 Likes

How do you compensate for that?

2 Likes

If you definitely want to buy premixed base, then all I can suggest is buying a higher VG/PG ratio than you intend to finish with.

E.g. buying premixed base at 85/15 and adding 15% flavouring would give you a 70/30 ish finish…but, your nicotine is still going to be slightly out (it would end up being 2.55ish mg/ml strength

You’d still have to manually firk about with the “desired strength” box to prevent the error message flagging up.

Is there any particular reason you want to go down the premix route? If you aren’t too fussy about the finished strength being off-kilter then it will be fine, just not as precise as it’s possible to get it.

Am I making sense? Lemme know if not :+1:

4 Likes

Perfect sense. I just thought going down the premix route might be easier for a total noob just to get my feet wet.

2 Likes

Do whatever is going to work for you - that’s the beauty of DIY :+1:. Once you get going there’ll be no stopping you!

3 Likes

You’ll find it easier with PG and VG separate, you might not want 70/30 all the time.

4 Likes