Vortex Mixer

Sometimes those Amazon reviews can he hilarious.

1 Like

I couldā€™t remember who was married to a Lab person who swiped stuff ( shhhh I know I wonā€™t tell :wink: ) what does she say about attachments ? And you had me LMBO as always Ken.

How gross I am sorry I read the amazon comment !

1 Like

Well i wouldnt let her swipe stuff, more like she wouldnt even if i got down on my kneeā€™s and begged not that i have done so. But she does get things at a super discount compared to what us mortals can get it for.

She is in the middle of watching Lord of the Rings for the 8000000th time and cant be bothered at the moment.

1 Like

OHhhhhh Sorrrryyyy donā€™t bother her. I knew it was something like that, I recall this now.

1 Like

Should I ultrasonic and Vortex mix? Iā€™m so dang confused on this issue LOL

I guess it couldnā€™t hurt :smiley: But either one is probably good ;D Iā€™d probably feel that the vortex mixer was enoughā€¦ :smiley:

Heck I wonder if that still means the custards need to steep longer though? I made one recipe last night doing both with a custard that worked without steeping for a month. But is it going to change in a few weeks LOL

Custards generally benefit from longer steeps regardless of what you do :slight_smile:

Iā€™m so out of luck then hahahah I hate waiting for crap :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had the best dang custard of my life from vaping watch and it was so dang eggy and goodā€¦ So guess I WONā€™T have the patience to make a good British custard lol

1 Like

Iā€™m an instant gratification-kind-of-guy as well :stuck_out_tongue: heheh

1 Like

I use a vortex every day at work. Homogenizes components very effectively in a short time. Iā€™ve wanted one for ages but theyā€™re horribly expensive. I looked at used ones on eBay but all the ones I saw looked like theyā€™d seen better days. I would think a vortex would be perfect for our purposes. I really want one!!!

2 Likes

Amazon has some lesser models, brand new for just over $100. . .Iā€™m in pretty deep this month already, but it sure would go well with my nice screw-top erlenmeyer flasks from ECX.

Hiya Kimber so it seems like we homogenize to mix then pasteurize to steep? dang does it seem like weā€™re making milk here instead of vape heheheheheh

I was laying in bed last night thinkingā€¦ Homogenize??? Was that the right word?? I donā€™t think soā€¦ Well maybe. We use the vortex to mix components together and thatā€™s what weā€™re trying to do here. And it doesnā€™t seem to introduce a lot of air to the mix so seems ideal to me. I should take a fresh mix to work tonight and vortex, see what happens to it. Course, then Iā€™ll want to try and sneak one out of the buildingšŸ˜†

1 Like

But we still need to steep custards after this right?

Yes, custards definitely change over time regardless of how much shaking goes on :wink:

1 Like

I ainā€™t fakingā€¦ whole lotta shaking going on LOL

1 Like
2 Likes

can I use amber 60 ml bottle on this ??

1 Like