VTC Mini/Cuboid/eGrip2 firmware 3.03 - GAME MODE?!

Oh my gosh, have you guys seen this? I’m not gonna drain my battery playing this, but I still think it’s hilarious that they included it.

No other changes from 3.02 at least for the VTC Mini (I didn’t look into the other mods other than to see who else got Game Mode).

Joyetech, man, these guys!

2 Likes

I’m gonna pass on game mode. I’d rather save the battery for vapin’. It is pretty cool that you could do it if you wanted to though.

1 Like

The VTwo Mini has a clock. I want that firmware. They better give it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You’ve been wanting that for a while!

1 Like

I know!! I may have to get a VTwo just for that if they don’t gimme 4.02 on the ones I have. :stuck_out_tongue: That and the new colors are fun. LoL.

Edit: On the topic of the game mode, I think it’s funny and kinda cool that people were putting logos and games on their minis and then Joyetech added that feature. I haven’t done either. More likely to do a logo than the game thing, though. I am with you guys, sounds like a serious battery drain and I have an iPod touch for mobile gaming. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is hilarious. Not because it’s a game, but because the technology is so friggin old! Pong for the modern gamer?

On another funny note - things here have changed since my youngest chick left the nest about 3 months ago. Yeah, I’m still experiencing those gut-wrenching moments and empty nest issues, but at the same time I’m revisiting some of the things I used to love as a young man with no kids. I won’t go into too many details. But one of those things is gaming. Last gaming console I owned was the Atari. About a month ago I purchased the Xbox One, and since have spent a small fortune on games. Oh my how time have changed. I won’t say things look completely realistic, but there are some games where the graphics just blow me away, such as Destiny. I even got the Rory McIlroy PGA golf game and couldn’t believe some of the textures like the grass, trees, water and folliage.

But to get back to the thread content - the game mode may be helpful in certain situations such as sitting in any waiting room where you can’t vape but need to occupy your hands.

2 Likes

Congrats and condolences on the empty nest! :wink: I am both looking forward to and dreading the same. 8ish more years for me unless she decides to move back home at some point.

I only have a PS3 at the moment and I’m far from a hardcore gamer, but I do love gaming. I got the Destiny demo and it looks pretty nice. I may spring for the full game at some point. It looked like it could almost be a Halo contender (and you should totally get Halo since you have an Xbox).

2 Likes

Destiny is my son’s game. I’m not much for FPS games although I’ve played Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo and Rainbow Six on PC. I find the online experience exasperating with all the cheaters out there. But more than that, i don’t care for the super fast pace. I have been playing Far Cry Primal which is way more my speed.

I just played it 1 time

I think it shows how capable the devices are and how much programming can go into the actual vape operation

1 Like

To quote a character on The Big Bang Theory: “I like the Wii” LOL
Actually I have the Wii (for the Mario games), original Xbox and 360 consoles. I want the One, but will wait for it to come down a bit. I just got back to playing Halo 3 last night (after spending some time knocking the dust off the controller). Love Far Cry. My favs are COD, Halo and Assassin’s Creed. Love to play the new AC but it’s not available for the 360. That one really hurts :rage:

If I could get my Cuboid to control my TV, that would be awesome!

3 Likes

Got my One from Game Stop - refurbished that came with a wireless controller and headset for $250. Thought it was a bargain so don’t pop my bubble! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That New Super Mario Wii (the 4-player co-op-oops-sabotage-shit-sorry) is hilariously fun with friends. Kinda dull single player tho.

3 Likes

Colors? I have vtwo mini and no colors… I opened mine up and put layers of red cellophane to change my color :wink: hehe
Does vtwo mini have a game mode update available? Or is that a vtc only thing? If so, hmm would VTC mini firmware work on a vtwo mini? Id rather have a game than a clock. I have my phone for clock i never use the clock on my mod anyway…

I meant the colors of the mod. The orange and burgundy are pretty. And I have no idea, I don’t have one.

1 Like

The VTwo Mini only has its original firmware (4.02). And I didn’t see game mode in the menu where it is in the VTC Mini.

The upgrader programs are separate installs and they don’t recognize each other’s devices, so I don’t think the firmware would be compatible either. Also it’s a slight hassle if you are wanting to constantly change out your custom logos on both a VTC and a VTwo since you have to reinstall whichever updater isn’t currently installed.