Was the forum down this morning?

I couldn’t open forums from 7am til ~1pm on galaxy s8. Anyone else have this problem? Nobody seems to have mentioned it, so it seems like it’s just me!

Oddly, my “5G” icon switched back to 4G lte today as well.

All other web pages have been normal all day.

6 Likes

it was down for A bit today

7 Likes

Yes it was down for a bit

6 Likes

I was in the middle of reading @Sprkslfly thread on him tearing down a mod, it stopped scrolling at a certain point and when i refreshed it said i did not have access to that topic.

Same thing?

7 Likes

I’m thinking so I just was able to log in

6 Likes

Upgrades coming soon ??? Maybe

3 Likes

I was updating the forum software and the OS - After that it refused to go back up. I debugged for a while before giving up completely, then migrated the server to a fresh server and brought that up.

Sorry for the inconvenience :confused:

11 Likes

I trust noone has noticed anything odd? Because I will delete the old server + data soon, because I don’t want to pay double for very long :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

8 Likes

I initially had error messages when i tried to post this topic. Seems all good now. Thanks for everything!

9 Likes

The old server has been destroyed now.

Also I found out the cause of the issue - I wish I had found it earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I appreciate the heads up AND your work @daath. I have been in that situation before, and it’s never fun LOL. It was down for me as well for a while, and when it came back up, we were having some interesting issues. Running traceroutes/pings from multiple locations, were yielding different destination IP addresses !!!

That kept us busy for a while.

Keep up the good work Lars.

10 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work. I was freaking out internally thinking I lost all my elr friends. Lub everyone here.

8 Likes

it was weird I couldn’t get on the forums on my pc … but I could get on forums using my android… I was like What the ???

5 Likes

Same here, that did make it even more strange.

3 Likes

It was the DNS propagating slowly - Some DNS servers updated pretty quickly and those didn’t have problems connecting - others took their time to update :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve lowered the TTL (time to live) for the DNS, so any future changes should happen way more quickly (5-10 minutes) :slight_smile:

Man, I was bummed out - And I am vacationing with my family, so they were stranded in the apartment for almost 5 hours while I worked on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe

6 Likes

They didn’t mind much though - The view is excellent :smiley:

11 Likes

@daath Always happens on vacation !!!

Enjoy the rest of it.

5 Likes

Ohh, not something to lose sleep about but i just noticed “Tracking” changed on specifically vendor threads. I thought perhaps i mistakenly globally changed it, which i didnt know till now existed :man_facepalming:

So basically every unread one i have was individually set to tracking versus watching. It doesnt look like it affected other categories but u may want to check unreads if you like to follow certain threads to make sure. Now that i know the globally mute exists, may chose to mute some annoying ones…

1 Like

I recently changed the vendor category to not appear at all in “Latest” - I did it without telling anyone, to see if anyone noticed. It didn’t seem like it. This seems like this is a side-effect of that…

I always have my view set at “Latest”, and damn near every post was vendor posts. Now it’s all member and competition posts :slight_smile:

We might have too many vendors - It might be time to change something about the vendors. Right now it’s just a free party for them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

sry, i didnt want to interrupt your vacation! I enjoy reading everything and the vendor listing kept me up w/ new gear releases but…I totally agree that they are out of hand. The mods have been on top of trying to contain them to a single thread when they get naughty, especially the recently departed voopoo. I dont know the rules u have set in place but it does seem that they are pushing it w/ multiple lengthy posts on the same day. i know the 2 week long giveaways can get annoying for some too. i love the fact that they are long for some that dont have time to check regularly but not the multiple entry thing drives a few of us 'nanas!
Thanks again for all u do but go and enjoy some time away!

3 Likes