Watermelons

There is not much out there on Hangsen Watermelon, has anyone given this a try? Everything I have googled said it tastes real while others say it is candy like. Kind of a wash.

Probably gonna throw it in my cart anyway…

It is hot, my present flavor is so heavy, what’s flavor is most suitable for summer, btw, some fraudulent sellers put the dirty water into the liquid, that’s horrible, any trusted sites to recommend?

9 Likes

I see your cube and raise you

8 Likes

lol,so cute, i am new in vaping, and i don’t like the flavor of my present liquid, do you have some suggestions on what flavor is suitable for summer?

1 Like

You can try looking here for some summer recipes.

6 Likes

Here is another Summer Vapes Thread from 2015 !!! A lotta winners here too @manny123

click on USA and NON-USA both links are first then there is a handful on the thread but you need to click those 2 links to get the real deal :wink:

3 Likes

Got my Hangsen and Inawera Watermelons in. They both smell surprisingly good! The FA watermelon I made a couple weeks ago at 5% hardly tastes like anything! I tried my 2.5% tester thinking it was muting, but still hardly any taste. I know this is a weak FA flavor, but damn!

2 Likes

thank you sharing, i’ll try these, bwt have you tried the mint flavor, someone recomended me put mint in recipes, they said it may refresh us, is that weird?

thank you for sharing, what’s your favorate flavor in summer, can you share your own ideas with me?

After playing with a few more watermelons, I am here to report back just in case anyone wanted to know about flavors that haven’t been mentioned in this thread yet.

Watermelon, Hangsen- This is a pretty good watermelon so far. Nothing spectacular but I only did my single flavor at 3%, so maybe it could have used more. It had pretty much no rind to it (Yay!) and had a good sweetness to it. It leans very much towards the realistic side of a watermelon, not candy like from what I have tasted. Would go great in a real watermelon mix, if you were looking for a candy styled watermelon, this is not what you are looking for.

Watermelon Concentrate, Inawera- This is a very good concentrate, but you have to be careful with it. Inawera (to me) can tend to taste floral sometimes, and this is no exception. It is still a very tasty flavor, nonetheless. Very much real watermelon, not candy-like at all. First mix was single flavor at 2% and after a month, it was very VERY close to perfect, but had an odd taste to it behind the good notes. I have been turning it down in my mixes ever since and am down to around 0.75%. Still getting that odd floral note, so I am turning it down to 0.5% in my next mix. Inawera is very strong, just as strong if not stronger than FA. I rarely find myself using their flavors over 2%, maybe even 1.5% max. At least the ones that I use.

Sweet Watermelon, Capella- This flavor isn’t very new to me, but I figured I would give it a second chance. It smells alright, but I need to try it outside of a mix to get a better idea of what it provides to a mix. Making a single flavor, as soon as I am done typing. Lots of people do not like this flavor as they say the get a chemical/ plastic taste from it. Nonetheless, I have to try it before ruling it out.

Organic Watermelon, Natures Flavors- This was a very different flavor to me. It is fully realistic watermelon, and SUPER sweet. I mean, this is the sweetest concentrate I have ever gotten my hands on, it is crazy. It doesn’t really carry much watermelon taste, but the sweetness it provides is very different from anything I have ever tasted. If added to another realistic watermelon, it will make a very good vape. Still learning how to use NF type concentrates, but it seems they are fairly strong.

If anyone has one that they recommend, please feel free to add it.

4 Likes

ive never tried it but with the ones you have id think you will nail it , most big companies use the big three then they out source to someone like molecule labs so stick with TPA , Cap or FW

I would not use Natures Flavors for vaping. Their watermelon’s ingredient list is–

Organic Syrups Contain: Water, Organic Cane Sugar, Natural Flavors, Organic Citric Acid, and Natural Colors

Not sure of Cane Sugar’s burning point temperature. Worth researching…

via - https://www.naturesflavors.com/flavor-syrup-organic/64515-organic-watermelon-syrup-feingold-accepted.html

2 Likes

He would be using the organic diacetyl free extract NOT the syrup.

2 Likes

I did a tester for the (LA) watermelon at 5%. I had forgotten about it and tested it recently. What a delicious watermelon! Its somewhat candy flavor like. I mixed it INW shisha strawberry. What a great end of summer vape.

3 Likes

I’ve done a little research on the dangers of vaping caramelized sugar. None of the studies are vape specific and all of the studies state that the sugar must be dry for caramelization to take place. Does that mean that sugar dissolved in PG/VG cannot caramelize? Nobody knows, at least none of the studies I read knew.

3 Likes

It will burn on the coil and ruin the wicks quicker than shit. Try the tfa DX caramel as it has corn syrup in it.

1 Like

Well, our favorite E-Liquid made by Element does just that; so if it achieves the flavor, then we are willing to take the hit on the coils and wicks.

1 Like

I didn’t think that vaping sugar or corn syrup or fructose was a very good idea. If you choose to do that and add sno cone syrup to your e liquid, then I suppose that’s fine.

Unfortunately there is very little vape specific data on anything so what is or is not good for you hasn’t been scientifically proven. Some say diketones and acetoin are bad, others love the flavor and are willing to take the risk. Some say fructose and glucose are bad but do any of us know for sure? No we don’t. Sucralose used to be the “go to” sweetener but the only difference between sucrose and sucralose is sucralose has 3 chlorine atoms that sucrose does not. Why does the addition of chlorine make it any safer to vape than sucrose?

We hear from scientists that eggs are bad, butter is bad and then 10 years later eggs and butter are good so who are we to believe? I wish I was a scientist so I could figure it out or at least I wish some scientists could do a study analyzing actual vapor instead of simulating the effect by cooking dry sucrose in an oven.

4 Likes