Wattage and coil questions for tobeco subtank mini with aspire NX75

Hi everyone and forgive me if I post it in the wrong category.
I just got as a gift the Tobeco subtank mini with the aspire NX75 mod, from US. it feels like i moved from Copper to Iron Age!
Anyway, can anyone suggest the optimum wattage for the 0.5ohm tobeco coils? i am running it around 25W and I do not know if it is too low. it feels like it though but i do not want to mess it up.

Another question is that I think i would be better with a higher resistance coil. For example 1.2ohm. But I cannot find any and obviously Tobeco does not provide such coils. Can I go with higher resistance coils or these type of tanks-mods do not use them anyway? If yes, does anyone have any suggestions for compatible coils that I could use with my tank?

Thank you all in advance,
Markos.

recommended is 30-100 watts, you will be hard pressed to find a coil that is higher resistance with that style coil as they are all sub ohm. run it at whatever feels right for you. i know when i was running a similar coil i preferred it at around 65 watts.

2 Likes

what @Cutlass92 said except remember you mod is only 75watts im assuming bc of the name so you may not want to try to max the mod out maybe push it to 50watts see if that works then go up or down by 2.5 watt increments thats what i typically do

2 Likes

The optimum wattage for any coil, in my opinion, is whatever works best for you and your vaping style. When I started using subohm tanks as a rule I would start at a lower wattage (20 to 30 depending on resistance) and work up until I found the wattage that I liked best for that particular coil and juice.

3 Likes

Whats up doc , where ya been nice to see you back

1 Like

Thanks man. I’m doing okay, I’ve been getting more involved in advocacy and had a few productive meetings with politicians and all that fun stuff. I had to have a few tests done in hospital for an ongoing back problem too. All in all things are grand. Hope you’re doing good mate.

1 Like

im doing well ty , it is nice to see a friendly face return

1 Like

thanks everyone for the answers,
working in such wattage, the liquid consumption is much higher i suppose. that is why most e-liquids are 70-30 vg-pg, right. got to move mine from 60-40.

yes 75 max. i currently work it @30

Thanks brother, good to see you too.

1 Like

I run my 0.5ohm Crown coils on my VTC mini at 43 W (when I’m not using temp control) and that seems to be the sweet spot for me. Like everyone else has said, it’ll depend on how you like to vape.

2 Likes

I got mine in last week and run it at 30w love the flavor :):grinning:

1 Like