Way to find good recipes

I also believe that almost all opinions on how the rating system should be are right.And that proves that the rating system is so wrong the way it is today.maybe a solution would be to break the system into different categories,for example “all time classics”,“best new recipe of the month” etc.i cannot understand how it is even possible to have recipes that are back from 2015 in the top 20.some of them are really hard to vape with 2017 equipment.Even the ingredients nowdays are so more complexed and specialized(just think how many different concentrates we have now for bisquit-cream-custard-nuts etc)

3 Likes

Is it for you to decide, or is it for the entire community to decide? Or is it for the owner and administrators to decide? If you don’t like the rating system don’t use it.

It is because they earned those spots. Speaking only for myself, Bust a Nut helped me to quit smoking and I still like it. Not everyone uses current equipment and there are many MTL vapers here on ELR. Just yesterday I gave an old mod to someone who wants to quit smoking. And I mixed him a bottle of Bust a Nut after letting him sample several. Does that meet your approval?

a)i didn’t say i will decide.of course the community will decide b)i will use the rating system as it is today because i don’t see a better one c)i will certainly not ask for your permission to use it or for anything else.it is my opinion,if you don’t agree it is fine with me.d)i didn’t mention anywhere “bust a nut” did i?
but you have to understand that 2015 recipes were made for 2013-2014 equipment.they cannot be vaped in a double coil rda,it is as simple as that.of course they deserve all the credits and that’s the reason i proposed an “all time classic” category in the rating system
This is a forum my friend and we ,as members,express our opinions and thoughts.The owner and the admins read what we think and maybe in the future all these might be useful for them,if and when they decide to make some changes. To create something new,you must first see what is wrong with the old

ps.I see you have a problem with groups rating the members of their groups. it is quite obvious you mean the “vape alchemists” group and the lemon tart recipe.although i was a member of this group(but not anymore),my opinion remains the same.let’s not engage in one more disagreement about the lemon tart ratings

2 Likes

I think that this sounds a bit offensive. Don’t you agree?
Everyone has the right to express their opinion.

1 Like

Some call this shooting the messenger, psychologists call it reverse blocking, and lawyers call it burden shifting. Always refuse to address the issue. I pointed to the root of the problem but regardless of whatever point is made it always shifts to justifications of manipulating the rating system. Personally I see little wrong with the system and a great deal with how people game it. Enough, I will not comment further.

1 Like

Sorry but I am not refuse to address anythink.

Isn’t it always this the problem? But I am thinking, is an other system that can make the difference?

Can you briefly (or not!) explain what a head note is? I know what the body is, and Ithink I have an idea of what a headnote is… Maybe…

edit: was trying to respond to Frank, and I took the intro training, but that was a while ago and I’ve forgotten all the formatting lessons… And even the robot’s name…

Cope/paste from wikipedia.

Top notes are otherwise called the head notes.

Perceived immediately upon application of a perfume, top notes consist of small, light molecules that evaporate quickly. They form a person’s initial impression of a perfume and thus are very important in the selling of the product. The scents of this note class are usually described as “fresh,” “assertive” or “sharp.” The compounds that contribute to top notes are strong in scent, very volatile, and evaporate quickly.

Although not as saliently perceived, the heart and base-notes contribute much to the scent in the top notes.

Citrus and ginger scents are common top notes.

1 Like

Same problem here.

I bought the indredients for the top 50 recipes, subbed here and there and made about 80. Gave each one a number (to avoid getting influenced by descriptions and the actual recipe) and then threw in the cupboard for a month.

When I finally tried them all (I made a simple Google survey form: number, rating, strength, device, date and vape them over a week or two at different times on different devices), most went down the drain (mostly, I couldn’t even notice the top flavor). Im going rate them all soon. But I loaded some already. Those are my honest opinions

From my experience only 5-10 were repeats.

I’m looking for strong flavor and sweet. Similar to the best commercial eliquids. I think it’s possible that the other reviewers are super-tasters or just happy with very very subtle flavor.

Don’t have a rating system per say. Either it’s worth making again or it’s not

Edit.

Those worth making again that I really like I recommend to friends and keep zero nic premix ready.

Front row left to right

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1510061/Jungle%20Cream
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1451209/Cupid's%20Arrow%20(Strawberry%20Banana%20Ice%20Cream)

1 Like

There are some companies who have released some of their recipes and they are on the site as well. A lot depends on how you vape, how long it has been since you quit smoking, etc. So many factors… Over the years my flavor %s have dropped considerably, even using flavorings that i have been using for a few years.

I didnt really buy much much juice but i do understand what you mean. Maybe dont mix the top recipes, instead sort by age and look at some of the older mixes on the site. Maybe that might work out better for you.

And to answer your question on TWOs TWO thread. Click this:

Hope that helps!

i dont think you did at all 4pct is a good number , i hope your liking it

1 Like

Yeah, just cant sort by rating. I follow users who ive liked previous recipes from so i have a feed of recipes that have a much higher success rate than shooting in the dark or sorting by rating. Like has been said, sort by date so you theyre all new recipes or old ones that people are remixing. It still can be a lot to go through before finding a good one for yourself. It would be nice if you could limit how far back it could go. Like if you could sort by date, then also sort by rating but control how far back it goes. Ehhhh…
Another way i find stuff is to click on a flavor i like and click recipes. Or use “what can i make” and click a couple of flavors you wanna use.

1 Like

After steeping I still get some funky savory pepper/weird like flavor even with the LB VIC. I am going to single flavor test it and see what happens. Maybe something in the recipe was doing it. I hope so because so far I can only work with HS FVIC and CAP VBIC at around 1-2% before I get a funk taste. Maybe my olfactory is messed up and Ice Creams are not my cup of tea.

2 Likes

try to drop it down to 3 pct and 1.5 vanilla swirl i just mixed up a orange cream vape and vaped 10ml today no pepper at 3 and im super sensitive to th pepper effect , i get it with multiple flaves from Tpa Vbic , Vanilla custard , vanillin, and a couple others

rhe cream base i used for the orange cream was

3pct lb vic
1.5pct tpa vanilla swirl
1.25 pct meringue fa

its really nice right off the mixer the LB vic aits right on top of the other creams

1 Like

Definitely will do. Nice to meet someone who shares my affliction with some flavors.

1 Like

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1732273/Pecan%20cake just posting this here in case it might seem useful for you.i have the same problem with peppery taste in vbic,so i rarely use it and always keep it under 3%.i don’t have lb,i have tpa and cap