Weird Ideas. I know you have them

What about using chicken feathers for wick?
Do you think I should try it?
I have a white chicken with the fluffiest white, very fine feathers.
I will try it guys. You know feathers have shafts to them. Bet it would work great. I wonder if it would taste bad like hair though.

2 Likes

Taste just like chicken…lol. Don’t know, if it does taste like burnt hair or the like I doubt it’s very tasty. Wonder what the ignition temperature point of a chicken feather would be…

3 Likes

Maybe you should do a little testing with wicking juice before installing in a coil. This is definitely thinking out of the box. Please keep us updated.

1 Like

Man, I have this white cat trolling around outside my apartment. I bet he’d wick up real good! I don’t know if I can build a coil big enough to stuff him in there though. Let me know how the chicken likes it! LOL.

All kidding aside, I am pretty sure the feathers will just burn and stick to your coil. Much like human hair would.

7 Likes

it’s soooo funny how we look at things!!! I always wonder how odd things would improve my vapin experience…

4 Likes

I hear cats taste just like chicken too…lol

4 Likes

I have tried to catch him a few times. But he just flips me off and runs away :smiley:

I wonder how silk would vape? It would probably melt as well. I bet if anyone found out it was a good wicking material you would hear “Honey, where are the pillow cases” in households around the country.

1 Like

I honestly feel bad when I clean the lint trap on my dryer sometimes… thinking omg I think this would work… haha it clean and bleached huh I wonder I just might try it one day lol

4 Likes

Have 911 on standby just in case :wink:

Wait wait wait…
Don’t use the lint from the sock/underwear load!

5 Likes

Why not… it’d fit right in with the flavor profile on some of my juice :yum:

6 Likes

Lol, I highly doubt that. Have you been hiding?

Nah, I’ve been around :smirk: …just doing more reading than typing lately. Just got a bunch of flavors in so I’ve been brainstorming and mixing like a mad man.

Had to play a bit of “catch up” to restock my cure cabinet. I apparently ruined several samples with the USC :sob:. Cooked the crap outta them by accident, thought they might be ok but they’re toast :disappointed:. That put me 2 weeks behind on my testing schedule.

Now, I am not only caught up; but I think I may have over-done it lol. In another week I’ll have 10 test batches rolling out per day (for several days in a row) at peak cure. Guess it’ll be fine if they cure longer cause I can’t get to 'em :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Have you ever smelled wet chicken feathers? I’m getting pre-gag reflexes right now…
Now my Malamute/Shepard mix is shedding and it looks just like cotton balls. Someone in my house left some on my work table thinking it was vape cotton. Good thing my eyesight is bad enough that I have to get in close when I build/wick and smelled it before I got a chance to suck it in. I could market it as Wicks by K9-Cloudz…I bet somebody would buy it.

8 Likes

As cheap as this rayon is , I haven’t given much thought to finding another wicking material.
I am seriously thinking about some kinda weird flavors however, I am thinking about a vinegar and salt , sea salt and cracked pepper, perhaps a dill and salt. I think I will go grab some chips and another shiner bock and give it some more thought.:smiley:

2 Likes

How about cotton that comes in the prescription meds containers? Wonder if the residue from the pills would have an effect?

I think the majority is rayon.It can be used but you need to give it a burn test.Pinch off a small piece and light it up and see if it burns clean with hardly in smoke or if it melts and emits a darker smoke.

I tried the padding out of my wifes braw. But it just melted. Back to the drawing board

6 Likes

My wife is still looking for those white panties to this day, keeps thinking the washer ate them…lol

4 Likes

You guys keep it up and you’ll eventually start discussing the wicking properties of all sorts of feminine products, not to mention the convenience of dispensing packaging. Like Pez for cotton.

4 Likes

The funny heads on the Pez dispensers scare me, perhaps a Tic Tic dispenser would work better…lol

1 Like