What are you reading?

I am currently reading (and have for a long time) “Children of Time” by Adrian Tchaikovsky - not much time to read though :stuck_out_tongue:

I have bought these 3 books to read during the summer:

By David Wong: “John Dies at the End” and the sequel, "This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don’t Touch It"
By Claire North: “The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August”

I can’t wait to relax and read :smiley:

2 Likes

Sadly I read and talk all day at work. Beyond that I read the book called “Elr”. Only 100.0k posts read so far. It’s a pretty good book. Takes some twists and turns.

3 Likes

Currently reading Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. Quite dark and gothic which isn’t usually my style. Very good read though. :grin:

2 Likes

Currently reading True North by Kelly Collins. More of a romantic love story but not really a romance novel.

1 Like

A 700 page brick called Caesar by Colleen McCullough. This one is subtitled: A roll of the dice, which is one book in the Caesar series. I wish this was a paperback, a hard back book is a pain to read casually.
Hornblower, Sharp, Aubrey, Bolitho, series have long been mostly consumed.

1 Like

Currently working through TIHKAL and PIHKAL (Tryptamines/Phenylethylamines I have know and loved) by Dr Alexander Shulgin. They’re the story of an ex pharmaceutical chemist, researching psychedelic tryptamines and phenylethylamines on behalf of the FDA. He was basically granted free reign to do what he wanted, and is responsible for a lot of the drugs people enjoy today, such as; Mdma (ecstacy), 4-Aco-DMT, and most of the 2C-x compounds. He was his own guinea pig, testing everything on himself. He did this for most of his life, into his late 70s and early 80s.
Bloody interesting, but maybe a bit too specific, if you’re not already into chemistry/pharmacology.

2 Likes

Just got done reading this after 3 months… Its a great read with many twists and turns, highly recommended.

5 Likes

One if my favorites!

1 Like

I’m reading two books at the moment; in the daytime I’m reading American Elsewhere by Robert Jackson Bennett about a little town called WINK that is nowhere to be found on any map and where really weird things are going on.
At night I listen to the audiobook The Sex Lives of Siamese Twins by Irvine Welsh.

1 Like

I have been reading this to the kids they seem to like it I find it a real page turner

8 Likes

I’m all caught up on that series. It actually went a lot faster than I thought it would.

Currently eating up anything Zombie. Finished Mark Tufo’s Zombie Fallout and Bobby Adair’s Slow Burn series. Now reading some of the Peter Meredith books. I’ll burn out eventually, but not soon.

1 Like

Went thru a lot of Christian history books recently, best of them was God: A Biography by like, far and away.

Annd, I kinda ran out of books again so I’m reading the Heroes of Olympus series, which I wasn’t going to read past the first book, but I’m out of books.