What are your favorite benefits of vaping?

I’m always curious to hear about some of the benefits people see (at first and later) when they start vaping. What were some of the things you first noticed? Did anything get better/worse over time? Do you still smoke or just vape, and if you’ve quit smoking has that had any effect?

One of the first things I noticed was the return of my sense of smell and taste, which is pretty common, I think. Something I never really thought of and that kind of surprised me was the change in my voice. I really liked to sing (mostly in the shower, never in public or in front of anyone but my kid lol) and one of the ways I could tell that some good stuff came from quitting smoking was being able to sing again without getting horribly winded or coughing up a lung. That was actually part of what really kicked me off cigarettes for good this last time around…I wasn’t able to sing my daughter lullabies anymore (cheesy, I know) and that made me really sad. Now I can, but she’s too old and doesn’t care anymore. We read now instead. :smiley:

6 Likes

Not smelling like ash!

5 Likes

That’s sweet ! I think honestly the best thing that has happened to me is that I’m not as self conscious I was ashamed of smoking especially in public and at work. I guess vaping has boosted my esteem I should say. I am still discrete about it but not ashamed by far. Smelling like cigs is horrible and my hair oh I can only imagine. my nails grow like a weed now. The good things in vaping no more freezing cold cig breaks just go to the BR vape go back to work lol seriously I just use a higher pg juice like 40/60 at work. My pt.'s don’t have a stinky nurse taking care of them with terrible breath ( I was a gun a holic ) I actually went to the dentist about 6 months after I quit and dropped about 5 grand in repairing what cigs had done to my poor teeth after 22 years of smoking. Yes my voice is better I don’t do the clearing your throat thing at all anymore I use to do it often and it would drive my fiancé crazy ( which he didn’t smoke poor thing put up w/ me for years !)

When I made the decision to start vaping I went right off cigs cold turkey to vaping about 3 days later ( I had just gotten over a really really bad case of pharyngitis and bronchitis came after that ) started vaping at 16mg/ml first tank ever was a cone A shaped ego on a 650 mah battery worked for me like a charm for about 6 months then had to upgrade to vv/vw and have been upgrading ever since. I can’t stand cig smoke makes me sick.

Overall I can’t this far in see a negative to vaping. It is a sub culture in which many many different ppl have bonded by leaving stickies behind. I’ve met some of the nicest ppl ever over talking about ecigs/vaping.

I don’t plan on quitting just going to keep lowing my nic this week just made the decision to drop to 10mgs I now very very slow in my progress but once I dropped to 6 mg to quickly and it just back fired on me. So here hoping !

4 Likes

I smoked for thirty years.Last week,5/1 was my six month anniversary from not smoking.i feel great no longer wake up coughing and the best probably is my children are so happy I quit ,were as I’m single dad raising two teenagers.

5 Likes

I was @ a show last night and realized I wasn’t the one choking during the good parts!!! And my daughter doesn’t smell like an ashtray didn’t care about myself so much but do or did get almost embarrassed for her sometimes it wasn’t fair to her…

3 Likes

Some of my immediate benefits have been

Sense of smell, taste of everything has changed dramatically, I don’t stink like an ash tray, I have more disposable income to spend on my wife and kids (and my Vape mails shhh!) my teeth and gums are healthier and whiter, I feel physically fitter, I’m not coughing up gunk any more in the mornings. I too am a bit of a singer/guitarist and have noticed a difference in my voice when practicing with my group.

So all in all its win win.

J

6 Likes

For me it was better sense of smell and just general oral health improvements too. No more gross yellow tongue or any of that. :smiley:

5 Likes

When I’m at the theatre, I typically have to run up and down the stairs in the auditorium about 20 or more times on a busy day. It used to kill me to do this when I smoked cigarettes! There are exactly 150 steps from the orchestra pit to the back of the auditorium and the grade of the seating is steep! Now I have no problems hoofing it up those stairs and I don’t feel like I’m going to hack up a lung while doing it. Happy days!

5 Likes

I quit smoking and started vaping 8 months ago. This is the very first winter where I’ve not had bronchitis, walking pneumonia, or been sick as a dog all winter. I don’t cough up crap, I can laugh without coughing, I don’t keep my dogs up hacking all night lol. I don’t stink like an ashtray and neither does my house or my car. I don’t run out of cigs in the middle of the night and have to get dressed and go get a pack. My Bic lighter has been in the console of my car untouched for 8 months, and I don’t have to panic and ask a stranger for a light when my lighter won’t work. There are so many things I can’t mention them all. I love vaping, love the flavors, love the people. Its not only saved my life, but its changed it also.

4 Likes

And when desperate strangers ask me for a light, I can smile and say I don’t smoke. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I was a 30+ year smoker, and not just cigarettes. I did a lot of damage to my body yet i was amazed at how quickly everything fixed itself. I had high blood pressure and poor blood/ox levels, i was supposed to be on meds for the blood pressure but pride and ignorance prevented me. My doctor, whom ive known since grade school, was sure i would have a heart attack in the next couple years based on my health and family history.

When i first decided to make the switch i went in and talked to him and gave him my research. He called me a couple days later and today me that i should go for it and that it was inconceivable that vaping could be as bad as smoking. So i switched.

Within 1 month my blood pressure dropped well below pre-hypertensive and my blood/ox increased dramatically, i had also lost 11 pounds. He was blown away, just as i was. Within two months my blood pressure was at normal levels and i was done hacking up gunk.

Last summer i put nearly 300 miles on my bike, i plan on increasing that by as much as possible this year, already at 112.6 miles.

For me the worst benefit is the increased sense of smell. Before i quit smoking i had no idea that my wife farted, i do now…

7 Likes

Your wife’s Guna kick your arse silly goof !

2 Likes

Hehe, she just shook her head and quietly began to plot her revenge.

4 Likes

A clean build of health. Kicking that analog habit is the best reward any smoker can ask for. I can’t say I’m saving money right now but I know in the future the cost savings will be amazing. My girl is proud of me also because she don’t have to deal with second hand smoke anymore. No ashes keeps my car interior looking nice. There are really too many to name. I’ve been smoke free for over two years and there was no weight gain. In fact I have lost 30 lbs. in the last 4 months.

6 Likes

I quit a two pack a day habit and my blood pressure returned to normal. I have been vaping for two years now and love it.

8 Likes

A ding dong like a diving board

1 Like

I been vaping 6 months now and agree with all above posts. I enjoy best not smelling of cigs also Heath improvement . My Daughter accepts me vaping but still prefers if I was off anything to do with smoking…
I just hope I don’t go back to cigs

1 Like

I grew up around smokers and smoked for 12 years (1-2 packs a day). My fastest one mile run was in high school @ 10:01. The day before I switched I could only manage 10:47, which had me gasping for breath and feeling like I was dying. Two weeks after switching I ran the fastest mile in my whole life - 9:36. So glad I switched!

3 Likes

Ok if ya don’t mind I’d love to know how many people lost weight vaping?

I last year was 212 lbs with a Blood Pressure of 158/ god only knows. I think it was 138… I had to go exactly tihis time last year when I lost my job for 26 years do to a move to Mexico (Bastards…Auto industry). I went for a truck driving medical. Thought I’d drive big rig… the nurse said I was a stroke waiting to happen. That freaked me the F out. So I drove for the company I tested for …2 weeks… Then quit. That was gonna kill me also. Driving a rig at over 80,000lbs, at pedal to metal and I mean right to floor or instructor would loose money and marbles…eating nothing but shit at truck stops through mountains in Virginia and North Carolina at night in heavy rain as rookie…wow … My instructor was only a few years older and he was popping blood preasure pills. I was working 80 min hours a week even though your not suppose to as truck driver. many ways around logs let me tell you… Off duty on computer. Bull shit … period… I quit… I got a physical job, half the money… I don’t care, I was gonna explode in one way or another. Lost a bit of weight maybe down to 200. So 12 lbs. Once I quit cigs December 21 or 22 on the Solstice of Winter…(thought it be more powerfull if I quit the solstice) lol … Too many Sci Fi and conspiracy shows. Since then I am 182 lbs, am a rocket ride of energy since I started vaping. My boss actually asked me if I was on Speed. I said just caffieine and nicotine bud. I am still losing weight. I stopped snacking too, I just vape. I think the nicotine in pure form increases heart rate like aerobics. I only vape at 2mg. It is like an adrenaline rush for me when I get something started. Never had that before when I smoked. I felt like crap, sluggish, didn’t want to do anything more than I had too. Now …look the F@#$ out! I am feeling like the TERMINATOR on steroids! Just wondering if a lot of others lost a tonne of weight since starting to vape…

My Blood Preasure is now 117/83 and I am 48 years old… I’m built for speed now since I have got physical Job and stopped smoking and started vaping. My boss actually said to me “you work circles around the younger guys” No disrespect to younger people, just the ones I work with, they are really really pretty useless, lazy etc. Yeah, really useless… lol… I’m on fire with vape. I am proud to kick their asses…they are all smokers.

I feel increased lung capacity, more alertness, more energy, sinus’s are totally clear, smell has increased immensely, loss of weight, perfect blood preasure. i’m just on fire. I started to eat healthy, tonnes of fruit at work, no sugar, no bread… since vaping, I love strawberry’s (go figure lol) pineapple, apples, oranges, tangerines, blueberrys… I keep a huge margarine container beside me at work and pick out of it for 11 hours. Keep metabolism going . Pizza on weekends and no fruit lol.

I think vaping saved my life.

4 Likes

I’ve found not coughing like a bitch every morning to be quite refreshing. Smelling garlic prawns properly was amazing too. I’ve just got over a bout of tonsillitis that would have been horrific in the past with coughing a lot but hasn’t been that bad this time. I can also run and get my breath back in like 2 minutes instead of 15 and a sit down. I think my dog likes that one the most lol

1 Like