What are your unexpected (or not) flavor pairings that worked out

Thank you @eStorm for a big bunch-o-good stuff, and ^^^ I agree…

10 Likes

Been wanting to try tomato ripe but afraid that it will taste like canned soup. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

8 Likes

Yep! My first encounter with this was in the recent Vapewild “bottle order” :laughing:

One of the two strawberry flavors had used this trick. It was barely detectable, but just noticeable enough to make me go “hrmmm…” :thinking: :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah, Beaufort’s got one that rocks that combo! :wink:

9 Likes

Sorry, I forgot who made it, but that Strawberry Latte was delicious

8 Likes
9 Likes

I like this topic! Have a look here is an older topic that may (or not) help somehow.
Today I have a ‘‘weird’’ for my taste combo that I like, cappuccino, anise, cheesecake and shisha apple.
Shisha Golden Apple Inawera ~ 1%
Absinthe TPA ~ 0.5%
Caramel Cappuccino TPA ~ 0.5%
Cheesecake TPA ~ 1%

7 Likes

@Pro_Vapes I’m actually surprised how much I LIKED this, considering I can’t vape CAP VC ??? !!!

6 Likes

FLV persimmon with any stone fruit. Adds that nice "red or pink"ness that many stone fruits have closer to the pit…

Edit: works great with papaya as well

Usage 0.17-0.5% as an additive

10 Likes

Taro TPA at 1,25 - 1,5% and Honey FA at 0,3 - 0,5%

6 Likes

I stopped pretending that I can’t vape certain flavors. Just consider how many people eat raw garlic or black pepper and yet it’s daily used in food recipes where it’s a big contributing factor.
I am no fan of VCv1 either, I hate it when that fake egginess comes through. Used in the right ratios with other ingredients and after a proper steep, it can turn out to be something really good though.

SFT can sometimes really turn people off because they get that raw food or straight up herbs effect. Always stay open-minded and who knows what great recipes come out of it.

6 Likes

I use fa fig fresh at 0.5% for the exact same effect, it works really well with cap yellow peach

4 Likes

Dragon Fruit and Strawberry, if it hasn’t been mentioned yet. Makes strawberry a lot brighter.

8 Likes

recent accident for me, the new FA Cheesecake with FA Fuji Apple - i can’t stop mixing and vaping this.

6 Likes

This is a staple additive on Reddit and AFT. I see this being used a lot to enhance fruit mixes.

I see a lot of the top rated recipes on ELR use that SB/DF Combo too.

5 Likes

Didn’t know it got chatter elsewhere and I never looked for combos here in the DB, whoopsie. I don’t do Reddit and not sure what AFT is (senior moment maybe?) I first thought of it because the first non-cigarette flavored juice I ever had was a DF variant and boy did I love it, even though I didn’t know why.

4 Likes

for an example of dragon fruit that works; and trust me I hate the stuff standalone. Explanation that may or may not be true underneath as to why it works.

Tempted to use the method with cheesecake and fuji suggested by @TheFlavorSeeker above.

6 Likes

What % percentage would you say to use Dragonfruit to brighten Strawberry? I can’t seem to really taste any Strawberry.

2 Likes

That’s too subjective with a lot of variants in play, but I’d probably say as a general rule maybe 80% strawberry to 20% DF? It’s tough because we know strawberries are generally pretty light, so it’ll take some testing for you to get to your happy place.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Time to go experiment.

3 Likes