What can I make page

Looks like a good combination @PaulyWalnuts
As for sweeteners, the beauty is that you can let this mature a couple of weeks (at least) to see how it develops and if need be, you can add sweetener after this. You should get an instant affect if you add something like sucralose. I would not use an EM based sweetener in this recipe though… :smile:

3 Likes

@PaulyWalnuts it can be a lot easier for people to read, and/or help if you link to the actual recipe, or even a screenshot. Then even more people can assist. If your recipe is private, you can hit the blue wrench, and choose “Share URL Privately”, and then there will be a new URL listed at the bottom of the recipe, which you can Copy/Paste here.

Personally, I love the triple threat of Custard Premium, Malted Milk, and White Chocolate. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll do that, thanks.

1 Like

Yep. Just opened it after 2 weeks. It tastes good, but the flavor is rather mild.

I trust I can simply add more flavors can’t I?

1 Like

Yes you can and they won’t take as long to steep. Just add small amounts of the main profile flavours until it is more like what you want strength wise.

3 Likes

Good thing I have no dignity or I’d be ashamed of myself.

After bragging about how much reading I do, I went back and read the article you hooked me up with and low and behold! There-in lies a paragraph saying to sort a flavor by the number of recipes to increase the chance of getting the correct flavor. AND… All of the letters are red!

If you can, try to avoid old age! Seriously, I was recently sitting on the couch when I noticed I had to take a dump. Got up, walked down the hall way, opened the closet door, stood there looking for I knew not what.

Went back to the couch and as soon as I got comfortable, I remembered I had to use the John. Went in, took care of business, went to grab some TP and… You guessed it. Remembered why I went to the closet. :hot_face:

5 Likes

Cool!

Thanks.

3 Likes

@PaulyWalnuts, @Ianc13 has given you some great advice. I would like to state one thing in regards to increasing flavors. Many times it works, but sometimes it doesn’t. If your flavors are topped out (max), then they can start to mute, and grow weaker when they hit the ceiling. One more “thing” to keep in mind is not all flavors compliment each other, or are “constructive” when paired, and can be “destructive”. Sounds crazy right ? Report back after you’ve increased them to let us know.

3 Likes

Not at all. I’m GLAD you are a reader, and wish more people WERE readers. Even with “Reader Status” assigned, there is a LOT to read/learn, and it’s a LOT to take in, especially in the beginning.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right about that! I am, I think, getting the hang of this…

At least I hope so. I get my flavors from Bull City Flavors and they recently had a 50% off sale on a bunch of stuff I think I’ll use.

So I bought a boat load. Gonna take hours to enter it all into my stash. I’m talking $6.00 for a 60ml bottle of Nougat. I bet that’ll get along with some chocolate. Just ask those 3 Musketeers. Gonna try a butter fingers and peanut butter cups.

5 Likes

Well @PaulyWalnuts you DO have it better in some degree compared to “way back”. I remember when my TPA (aka TFA, aka The Flavors Apprentice) flavors sometimes came with “Fa” on the labels. This obviously made things VERY bad for me in the beginning, as “Fa” is typically Flavor Art !!!

Hehe, yeah, things were “messy” in the beginning for MOST of us, and don’t let anyone tell you any different.

Reading IS the key, or maybe I should better say, being WILLING to read is the key. You can’t read it all, remember it all, sort through it all, no one can. An honestly, sometimes you (or I), just don’t have the TIME to read it all, and posting up questions, can be a time saver. Cards on the table …

5 Likes

I have already forogotten what you wrote. :wink: At 62 you can’t be that far ahead of me. I no longer even buy half ripe bananas in my race with father time.

I would’ve chalked that to being a color blind, and a helpful child pointed it out :wink:
PS I would/ve given you that care/hug emoji in a manly way of course, but I just don’t know you well enough yet. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

When I was a kid there was a TV show that taught, “Reading is fundamental.”

Funny story… I read my 1st book around 7 years old. Nothing heavy, of course. 10 years old I was hooked on Isaac Asimov and his 3 laws of robotics. 13 years old, 1st day of 7th grade, every kid in the grade took a reading and comprehension test.

Bunch of short stories, then select the right answer. Is it A,B,C or D? Seriously stupid stories. I thought any 3rd grader could understand them. After a few stories I, in my infinite wisdom, said screw it and started answering them, “A,B,C,D,C,B,A,B,C,D…”

I remember this like it was yesterday. Next morning I met a teacher I came to know as Edward Special.

Hands out more short stories. First one was actually a fun read. Finished, set it aside and put my head down to catch some Z’s. Ed says, “Mr. Adams! I saw your grade, you might want to try to read that.”

I said, “I did.” Took me out to the hallway, says how he doubted I could read that fast, then asks questions about the book, answered him and he hands me another story.

Repeat. Repeat a few more times, then I asked if I could go to my locker to get the book I was reading during recess…etc. Went back, sat down, started reading and Ed comes over to see what I was reading.

I show him The Mad King, by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Ed was like, “That’s a 12th grade book on the Lexile measure!”

They bring in a professor of literature from the University of Michigan. Says I read at at least a Junior university level. Ed: “What the hell are you doing is my class?” I told him the stories were boring.

2 years later, my older brother comes home on leave from the Coast Guard and introduced me to (What for me, turned out to be) the gateway drug. A year later I got tired of the woman who donated an egg to bring me to life, physically, mentally and verbally abusing me and blew the pop stand.

Then I met Lieutenant Greg Antore of the Grand Rapids Police department. Damn good detective. Damn it. :innocent:

So much for further education.

2 Likes
  1. As the man said: I’ll try anything once. If I like it, I’ll try it twice once." I even tried cocaine once. For about 8 years. Can’t stop having sex either!

I seriously doubt anyone could offend me if it’s kinky. I won’t swing the bat that way, but I’ll damn sure get a kick outta it.

Recently lost a 94 year old WWII neighbor/friend. We’d sit on his porch smoking big fat cigars, drinking coffee by day and I turned him onto scotch by night. He’d tell me war stories and dirty jokes.

I’d say something facetious to him and he’d call me an asshole. I’d be like, Dude, thanks! That makes my nipples hard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sometimes he’d call me a mother foxtrot asshole and I’d say something that would probably not go over too well here.

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional. I’m stuck in the 7th grade.

3 Likes

Damn I hate typing!

1 Like

Our lives share many similarities, except I’ve only ever been in one police station while high as a kite and that was because a very good friend T-boned my parked car at a party and said we had to go report it. :wink:

1 Like

We? Naw, man… I’d be like, “I’m sure there is a pill for that. You’re on your own.” Who sang that and when? No googling, remember.

1 Like

Added 1 gram of chocolate… Can’t say I taste a difference after letting it steep a few days. I’ll add a gram of malted milk next and see (taste?) what happens.

Here’s the original recipe.

1 Like

Hey Pauly,
Well done on creating your recipe in the database and sharing on the forum!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you may need to re-enter your flavours as only one of the three in this recipe are correct as per the naming conventions that are used.

Custard Premium by Flavour Art is listed as Custard Premium (FA) in the database. In the screenshot below you will see that it has 43316 recipes and a 4 1/2 star rating.
The flavour you have selected/entered as: Custard Premium (FA)lavor-FA - has two recipes and no star rating.

The flavour you have selected/entered as Malted Milk (TFM) does not seem to have an equivalent with the same abbreviation, perhaps you have Malted Milk (TFA) ? The Flavor/Perfumer’s Apprentice

Once these are corrected (and any other flavours you have, also checked and corrected - the What Can I Make Feature will work much better for you.

The other benefit of ensuring that your flavour names are entered correctly is that when you Click on the flavour it will bring up the recommended percentages of that flavour in a recipe and as a single flavour.
There are also additional topics below that where Notes, Ratings and Recipes are listed.

It can be a tedious process :face_with_spiral_eyes:, especially when all you want to do is mix but your mixing will benefit from the groundwork.

Happy Mixing :+1:

10 Likes

Yeah, that was someone else’s recipe that I modified to reduce the quantity.

This is my current stash. Does it look better? I don’t see how I can share the stash so you can see how many have recipes…

3 Likes