What can I make without strawberry?

Tried “What can I make” and was flooded with strawberry recipes. I’ve already got a strawberry recipe I like. So I deleted the strawberry from my flavor stash and tried again. No change, getting a lot of strawberry recipes. So I cleared all cache in Firefox, logged off, reloaded, re-logged in and tried again.

Still lots of strawberry recipies from “What can I make”. Did a “Search by flavor stash” and verified there is no strawberry there. What’s up? Bug?

What I really want to do is find recipies I can make from my stash that include one stash flavor. Example, I’ve got 26 flavors in the stash. A new one is Peanut Butter. What can I make that includes the peanut butter with my other flavors? How can I do that?

When I entered this message I got a “topic similar to” a thread from June, 2016, asking the same question. Included a claim it’s being worked on. Any progress since then?

2 Likes

Go to My Flavor Stash, and Search By Flavor Stash. You can choose as few or as many of your stash flavors to match a recipe.

2 Likes

Just searching PB on the ELR Main Page rendered these result, but considering your limited flavor stash, you still may not be able to make many if any. Searching by flavor stash is pretty limited to what you have. Considering the sheer diversity of members stashes, a limited stash will yield a lot less results…

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=peanut+butter

4 Likes

My problem (probably common to many also) is that there are SO many flavors out there that I rarely have the full compliment needed on any matches I come up with! And of course, and single sub creates a totally new recipe pretty much, so…

2 Likes

Pretty sure Lars mentioned that the results from what can I make are cached for 24 or 48 hrs so as not to strain the database. I can’t find the post he mentioned it in

4 Likes

If you click this link http://e-liquid-recipes.com/search then select the Flavors you want to use IE peanut butter then it will display all recipes that include that flavor.

@woftam I thought it was 2 hours, not 2 days? If you click on What can I make it says

What can I make?
Analyzing your stash, we have found that you can make the recipes below. NOTE! The results are cached for TWO hours.

Please spread the word about this site. Click the LIKE-button at the bottom!

It would be helpful if the search had a function like Google and other searches have, using -term to exclude results with term. As far as I know, this doesn’t work on ELR.

1 Like

Ya you are correct was going off a faulty memory. Search operators would be great

1 Like

I’m sure that was a thing… :confused:

1 Like

Being able to filter by flavour count would be great. My DBA past tells me that it would probably not be a massive hassle to do it either. And as a fairly new starter, I fear recipes with 15 flavours, as much as I am glad they are there.

There would be plenty of harder things to do as well:
flagging recipes as confirmed ok by creator, and only use these for some statistics; separating personal adaptations from recipes (just have a make this button, give volume and a tickbox for original base/my default base), possibly tore this in a list to remind to give feedback.
The next great thing would be creating flavour equivalence classes/flavour distances to offer recipes you can nearly make with a score as to how far it would be.
This would make for some exceptionally bad recipes in automatically suggested subs :unicorn: but also create nice chaotic conditions for new discoveries.

1 Like

You can filter by flavour number it is just a case of adding &fcount=X where X is the maximum amount of flavors you want to the end of the url.

2 Likes

What can I make without strawberry?

Regret!
Strawberry makes everything taste better :wink:

1 Like