What Chocolate/Chocolates to order?

After ordering over a hundred flavors since I started mixing. I have stayed away from chocolate because most say that it is a hard flavor and there are a lot of really bad ones. I like all chocolates. Dark, milk, white. I just want to start of with some that taste somewhat good and are the easiest to work with. If that is possible. Any advice would be very appreciated.

7 Likes

In my experience when dealing with any chocolate (no matter the variety of brand) a touch of cocoa (FA) is a must. Helps round out the chocolate, give it a more authentic feel and also lift up the chocolate flavor already present. IMO a necessary component to any chocolate mix. Low % to start. .25-.50% and go from there. Other than that, chocolate (INW) used to be phenomenal (after reformulation not as rich and deep). Chocolate (FA) is pretty good, especially paired with cocoa (FA) and I’ve actually been using a touch of creamy chocolate cake (FW) recently to supplement the chocolate note. It’s not hugely cakey but still offers some body and depth to the overall chocolate blend without lending the cake flavor. Chocolate (TPA) is decent too, but needs all the same help others do. Also a nice clear, to very light amber color to it if that’s a concern. Just my honest thoughts, hope that helps!:+1:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you. I was thinking that it would be several chocolates mixed together to get a good one. I was going to get INW a while back. Then I read about them re formulating their flavors. At least I didn’t get to taste the old one so I won’t miss anything.

2 Likes

Yeah the old one was a dream flavor, needed very minimal help (if any) depending on the mix. It’s like aliens abducted a good friend and when they resurfaced they just aren’t the same person lol still good just not the same :expressionless:

5 Likes

@CarolinaVapen you’re welcome, glad to lend my thoughts :+1:t2:

1 Like

As good as it was makes me think there was something really bad in it for them to change it and miss sales.

It was due to one one their ingredient suppliers not wanting to give them the providence of one of the ingredients due to trade secret. they had to list all the ingredients and where they came from for the tpd so they were forced to reformulate.

6 Likes

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you. I am still waiting to hear the verdict on how JF Milk Chocolate compares to the old INW.

Will probably buy it myself after too long, was just hoping someone who enjoyed the old INW Milk Chocolate had also tried the JF version.

-FLV Milk Chocolate is a very generic tootsie roll flavor, not as good as I had hoped it would be.
-FA Cocoa and Chocolate are alright, both kind of need sweetness and cream added.
-MF White Chcolate is meh, I hear their Dark Chocolate is good, but have yet to try it.

2 Likes

Well that just sucks, but makes sense.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t say I blame them, there would have been copy-cats popping up all over. And in a world of so very few excellent standalone chocolate flavorings, I think I was a smart move (as shitty as it is for us)

3 Likes

Well, here’s my 2¢…

Hands down #1 is the now defunct chocolate Ina, and chocolate cream Ina.

Chocolate TFA was worthless. Number one, you have to use 6-8% (or more, depending on hardware). Number two, I absolutely do not consider a tootsie roll (which is what TFA reminds me of) as a chocolate flavor. It’s in “the area”, but not a pure chocolate, which is what I typically want out of a flavor (minimal, preferably no side notes).

Chocolate Overload by the great folks at GremlinDIY is good… But weak. This is another one that needs 6-8% minimum to present itself as a SF. That being the case, while I can’t use it, I’d definitely recommend giving it a try for those that don’t have PG issues and can mix without having to worry about maintaining a high target VG%. It seems to try and cover several different types of chocolates at once.

Australian Chocolate Hangsen is AWESOME on a raw finger test, but as I’m just mixing up some for SF testing, I can’t comment on how it steeps or percentages, but it’s very promising on both fronts given my previous results having compared raw finger tests vs outcome (based on FA, Ina, and FLV initial impressions).

White chocolate MF is good stuff IMHO. (Haven’t had the pleasure of MF dark chocolate yet, but have never seen a bad thing said about it!)

As for “hybrids” or complex flavors…

I’d say avoid milk chocolate toffee Cap. It just fails.

Chocolate caramel nut Cap OTOH is very very nice! Definitely worth trying.

*technically, GremlinDIY choc. Overload should be under hybrids IMO, as it’s got several different notes to it, but they all fit squarely in the realm of chocolate so I left it above.

TLDR: try Australian Chocolate HS first.

7 Likes

MF Chocolate, Dark Flavor has been written up as the one of the best. I’m saving up and may afford to purchase one day.
re: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-cereal-mixing-megathread.69753/#post-416063
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-cereal-mixing-megathread.69753/
http://medicineflower.com/539.html

MB–Glamour Chocolate
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/molinberry-flavoring-review-37-flavors-from-molinshop-add-yours-too.650623/
re: http://www.vaperstek.org/

DIYFS Expert Chocolate DIY Flavoring (Concentrated 5-10%/mix) ???

If you decide to obtain any of the aforementioned, please feel free to review/rate.

5 Likes

Awesome advice, thank you. HS Australian Chocolate was one I was on the fence about. Mind made up now. Waited on my next order to get some advice on which chocolates to get. Learned the hard way not to purchase blindly. Lots of worthless flavors in my stash. I always learn the hard way.

3 Likes

Will do. I am going to start slow on this one. Jumped off too many cliffs in the past and had 5 recipes with different profiles going at the same time. Which wouldn’t be a problem if I didn’t have a family with 3 and a full time job. Never enough time in the day.

3 Likes

That’s one I haven’t tried yet either but have heard/read great things👍🏻

2 Likes

Organic Milk Chocolate (NF) and Organic Chocolate Fudge (NF) are really nice in mixes. I’ve blended them with White Chocolate (MF) and Chocolate Cake (RFSC) and they come out very authentic with at least 2 weeks to steep. I just tasted my Chocolate Milk recipe at 3.5 months and it holds up very nicely with a couple of creams and condensed milk. diyvaporsupply has the NF extracts for a couple o’ bucks each in 10ml.

Chocolate Milk!

Bavarian Cream (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.50%
Chocolate Cake (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.00%
Condensed Milk (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.50%
Cream (VG) (Real Flavors) 3.00%
Milk Chocolate (Organic) (NF) 1.25%
Sweet Cream (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.25%
White Chocolate (MF) .50%

4 Likes

I have tried FA Choc, Cocoa, OOO Chocolate Milk, Inw Milk Chocolate, LB Lava Cake, MF Dark Chocolate, TPA Bittersweet chocolate and probably a few others. My personal opinion, none of them are perfect or a real genuine chocolate taste, nobody has nailed chocolate yet from what I have tasted. FA is a good chocolate liquer, Inw milk chocolate original was a good one, still over hyped though. MF Dark chocolate is probably the best one I have had, it is good, still not a “wow” flavour though

5 Likes

I think it actually is an OK flavor, although I must say I put it more in my coffee than I vape it and it’s not just a chocolate but also toffee. It won’t blow your mind but I don’t get any nasty background notes as I do with some other flavors.
Chocolate is just one of those things that I prefer ingesting to inhaling. I like a puff or two and then I need to put it down again so these last an eternity with me.

3 Likes

HS Australian Chocolate and FLV Milk Chocolate on the way. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice.

2 Likes

never messed a lot with chocolate… though CAP New double Chocolate and Tpa Chocolate are two chocolates that i like… but i mix them mostly with coffee…in other recipes i might just add a pinch as layering… i am not a fan of chocolate for real :confused:

1 Like