What Coil Build do you prefer?

Well from the tests ive seen it is well within specs as its 28amps, less with Vdrop. Purple 2500mah Efests are rewrapped LGHE2ā€™s which Efest claim have a 35amp pulse rating, the 25rā€™s are slightly better batts.

3 Likes

After my titanium build last night I figured Iā€™d try a tio2 Clapton and it just barely squeaked in. Dual Fused Claptons 2.4mm id, .5mm tio2 and 36g kanthal wrapper. Flavor and Vapor is superb, and not too hot.

4 Likes

Hey man, have you done or thought about doing any DIY vidsā€¦?
Your builds are off the hookā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t have a good enough camera.

1 Like

Iā€™ve renamed him metal master in my book!!!
@daath is it possible to change our names? I was just wondering?

1 Like

Sure, details are in the welcome announcement post:

:smile:

2 Likes

Anybody can build these types of coil. Once you get your Clapton Tool dialed in, itā€™s really simple. Once I get a Clapton started I donā€™t even have to hold the tool. It feeds down the wire on its own. Itā€™s all about the tension. Try it and youā€™ll see. Start with a heavy gauge 26g and lower. I want to see more members on board. These coil gives you the best vape possible.

4 Likes

I would second that motion, BTW what is in your wire stash.
All I have is 26 Ga Kanthalā€¦What would be some of them I would need to start rolling these coils.

The above coil is wrapped with 36g kanthal. I also wrap with 32g (a slightly bigger coil) and I just ordered some 40g from Kidney Puncher. The highest core size Iā€™v been able to wrap is 30g, but it was difficult.
28g and lower for the cores, 28g and up for the wrapper.

A couple other builds. Dual Fused Claptons .12 ohms, 317L core 36g wrapper 2.4mm ID. My favorite build right not.

My Goliath Build thanks to @daath Dual Claptons, 28g kanthal core, 32g Ni200 wrapper, 1mm ID @.14 ohms.

3 Likes

My latest. I had some old GPlat wire aka 317L 24g and 26g, wrapped It with 36g kanthal, 3mm ID. Still a little rough, Will fix when mounted.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna try and make myself a zipper coil tonight.

Just been out and bought some pliers with a toothless section.

I need some more RDAā€™s as there are too many builds I want to try but donā€™t want to strip out my current builds because I like them too damn much lol.

Iā€™m thinking a Mutation X clone, Atomic Clone, maybe a Madhatter, and possibly a few others.

Iā€™ve got an UD IGO W sitting in the cupboard but it doesnā€™t have any post holes only post screws so it makes any fancy coils almost impossible to build on it.

J

1 Like

My latest build and first try at it is a 24awg kanthal and .4mm ribon wire wrapped fused claptons

5 Likes

I just wrapped a spaced Clapton with 28/32 on a 2mm ID with 6 wraps per coil as a dual.

Simple but very effective.

So @PIXXIEPUFFS if you grew up in Shrewsbury/Telford you probably visited my home town, Wrexham.

J

3 Likes

Hey Vapstaā€™s

@NewDrip @PIXXIEPUFFS @quitter1 @Ken_O_Where

This is a simple-ish 26g quad coil Build.

First I wrapped 2x6wrap 2.5mm ID in the normal fashion.
Then I wrapped 2x6wrap in the opposite hand.
So I had 4 coils with 2 different pairs so the rotation matched each pair.

Then I inserted each coil so the lower leg was on the positive post. Once tightened in I positioned them slightly upward.

Then fired and crimped. 0.15ohms.

Hereā€™s some pics.

This packs a serious flavour punch with nice warm vapor.

Just how Iā€™m liking it at the moment.

Unfortunately the spaced 28/32 dual coil above was taking a little bit long to ramp up for me again so I had to swap it out.

J

4 Likes

Biddilly boom!

1 Like

thatā€™s the zippers at 50w 70%vg

3 Likes

Nice!!

Loving the whites @PIXXIEPUFFS

Quite an amateur chef myself.

Besides my Vape stuff my pride and joys are a full set of Victorinox knives.

J

3 Likes

You a chef too bud?

Ahh Iā€™ve had many the victro

I love henkels and wustoffs too there the boyos

1 Like

So, umm, I can count on you to back me up when the wife starts asking questions, yes?

2 Likes

Damnitalltohell, I need a new hobby. When did coiled wire become arousing?

3 Likes