What Coil Build do you prefer?

I’ve been working on some new builds, none mounted yet but will be next as soon as I can free up a few RDAs. I call this my starting lineup.

The first 3 from the left are from a new Clapton wire I call Lightening wire. Photo below :point_down:

2 Likes

Just wanted to show this build off.

So as per usual I got tired quickly of the quad coil build in my PV1.5.

Now I’ve just wrapped a parallel 26g on a 2mm ID with 9 wraps.

0.49ohms.

Clouds with great and I do mean great flavour.

@NewDrip @PIXXIEPUFFS @quitter1 @Ken_O_Where

If you haven’t tried this build then please do try it.

I can’t believe how this simple build is performing.

J

5 Likes

The JMON has skills.

2 Likes

Back at you @jondamon, A Dual Clapton Sleeper Build Centered, 2.4mm ID, 24g Ni60 core, 30g kanthal wrapper. Ramp up is about 1 second.

3 Likes

I don’t know what to call this one, but It look awesome and should fire around. 1 ohm. Can’t wait to mount it. Spaced Fused 24g kanthal wrapped w/ 32g kanthal in parallel with twisted 28g 317L.

3 Likes

What’s the ohmage on the Ni60/30g sleeper?

J

Now this is one sexy looking build!

J

It’s .2 and thanks I thought it was nice too. I’m about to wick it and give a tug.

1 Like

:grin: @Jondamon, Do you remember this coil that gave me nightmares?
And notice he only has 3 wraps of the Fused.

I’m getting close. I got my 40g kanthal. I’ll be making it soon!!! Here’s 16 total wraps of the above coil. :point_up_2:.
24g 317L w/ 40g kanthal. I gotta get a Macro Lens.

A whole lot of juice channels in these!!

4 Likes

Isn’t that a fused clap with a standard clap in parallel?

3 wraps of the fused with 4 wraps of the standard?

I can’t see the standard in parallel with yours?

J

That’s the easy part. I just wanted you to see how tight the fused is. I’ll have it later.
What I was trying to point out that more than likely he didn’t have enough fused to do more wraps. I can produce that fused by the foot.

You must have missed this part.
If I had a macro lens then you could see how clean my coils are. These wraps are super tight.
If you look close you can see there are twice as many Clapton wraps on the one I made. He’s got the macro lens so it looks a lot cleaner.

2 Likes

Yeah I missed that part.

They do look really really clean!!!

My bad. I wasn’t trying to bring you down.

I just wasn’t sure if you’d hidden it somewhere that required the macro to see it lol.

But that fused is definately as tight as a virgins you know what!!!

This what I need a Macro Lens.

I know that, I figured you missed something. I gotta order the lens tho.

1 Like
1 Like

What??? Shit…I don’t know what to say to this. My mind is officially blown.
friggin-awesome

1 Like

Honestly you guys, I don’t think I’ve been this excited by hardware since I restored my '73 Mach One 30 years ago. You guys are masterful.

3 Likes

Twisted and Fused

5 Likes

A couple builds for my new RTAs. The first is for my Cthulhu.
Fused Clapton 28g Ni60 core / 36g Kanthal wrapper, 2mm ID @ .18 ohm.

The second is for my new Goliath. 30g Ni200 core / 36g kanthal wrapper, 2mm ID @ .2 ohm.

3 Likes

How’s that Cthulhu treating ya ?

It’s a good tank, pretty much as @SirRisc review. Nice big build deck. But I think the Goblin and Goliath produce better flavor. I was hoping the Clapton would make a difference, but it’s not quite as flavorful as those 2. Kinda like the Lemo 2, a good tank but not quite top notch. I am happy with it though. I do get satisfying hits with good vapor production.

4 Likes