What Coil Build do you prefer?

Dammit …I guess ill have to put the goliath on my list

2 Likes

Twisted some 26g Kanthal and wrapped a 5/4 @ .47 ohms for my Subtank mini.

WOW!

And that’s all i have to say about that. :wink:

4 Likes

Alright Kustard Ken, You said a mouth full.

3 Likes

IMHO, The Goliath is the tank to beat right now. That’s why I ordered 2. It should be about time for a clone. I wonder what Zephyrus will be like?
Check this out too, The Crown RTA

I’ll just leave this here for you @NewDrip!

Stapled helix. Twisted 28 A1, 5x 0.5mm ribbon stacked, stapled with 36 A1. I wanted to hate this build’s performance so that I would never be tempted to build it again, but the flavor is out of this WORLD!

(Not my build! Someone at a local vape shop in Raleigh NC)

5 Likes

This is bad ass. I smell a project coming on for Drip

2 Likes

I’m not at that level yet. A build like that takes a lot of patience. 5 strands ribbon wire sandwiched between two strands twisted then claptoned. That’s some serious skills.

Check this out. Not mine, just admiring.

2 Likes

This one is mine tho.

2 Likes

How in holy hell do you even begin to wick this type of coil lol?

J

The wicking I tried didn’t work. I got to think about this a bit.

1 Like

I did my first Staggered Fused Claptons. They are rough but it’s my first try so I’ll learn to work it out. I can’t believe some people wrap these by hand.

4 Likes

I got it perfectly with The Clapton Tool. It did take 30 mins. I need to build this thing and patent it. I use different modified tips for different types of claptons that I build.

Edit: Now that I look closer they are not perfect. My core is not side by side, they offset or stacked. Back to the lab! :confounded:

3 Likes

Looks awesome still

2 Likes

This guy @ work thinks he (@Newdrip) should make jewelry…

3 Likes

Just had a thought (after I was playing around with a Super Nano 24g coil.)

If you could lie this down slightly at an angle you could try a pillow style wick underneath the coil with some slithers over the top maybe?

J

1 Like

With it being cone shape doesn’t leave any room for play. I tried wrapping cotton around the back side of cone and wet with juice so it would stick, but as the wick went dry it would pull away creating hot spots. I’ve seen builds like this but they were smaller and could lie flat on a pillow. I need to some how embed it into the cotton so that cotton would protrude between the individual wraps.

2 Likes

Just wanted to share a simple but stunning recipe.

This recipe is 13% Raspberry with 3% peppermint.

I’ve made it as a max VG and I sampled it last night on a super nano 24g 9 wrap at 1mm .4ohms

Holy hell its super tasty.

This is the cloudage you get with it on a 26g parallel 5wrap on a 2mm at .3ohms.

3 Likes

Triple Verticle Claptons in my new Rampage RDA. Ripped em up trying to get em in, but they still work.

3 Likes

Beautiful looking RDA with multitude of build style options.

I wonder if you could manage a triple sleeper style build on this Rampage?

What ohms did the trip claptons come out to?

J

2 Likes

There are some weird angles when mounting coils on this RDA. 120 degree angles pose a different challenge. I need a little more practice with this RDA. Next time I build this I’ll bring the legs around the outside of the coil instead of inside like I did. I also really needed more wire. I used every inch had. Working with short leads and crazy angles was tuff. It came out at .18 ohm.

1 Like