What Coil Build do you prefer?

Sorry to but in but this will fire down to .03 ohm’s just what you need for those wicked builds ur makin

2 Likes

@NewDrip @quitter1 @Ken_O_Where @PIXXIEPUFFS

Here’s some pics of a coil I wrapped this evening.

It’s a spaced 28/32 Clapton with loosely twisted 28g in parallel on a 2.5mm ID 5 wraps with 1 wrap of the twisted unwound to give the proportional look to the coil and help lower resistance. .34ohms.

Beautiful flavour and great vapour.

Really makes the Coffee and Walnut Cake liquid shine!

I think I have a problem though.

I find wrapping coils therapeutic, I’m pretty much wrapping a different coil every other day lol.

My biggest issue is that I only have 2 RDA’s. 2 more coming in vape Mail though.

Then I’ll purchase a box mod next month and maybe the month after a couple of RTA’s.

Then I’m going to have to curb it for a little while lol.

J

4 Likes

I feel ya on that one J. I get a good feeling when I crank out something nice too. That’s a good looking build and I see the clouds.

2 Likes

Looks beautiful! Is it possible that these coils with more wire kill off wicks faster? Normally i rewick everything once/week but since i wrapped these twisted coils ive noticed that i need to rewick a bit quicker.

1 Like

They definitely gunk up the coils quicker which in turn can gunk the wicks quicker.

i find myself rewicking every few days once I have a keeper build but then I find I’m liking the flavour of freshly made wicks anyway.

Hence why I’ve got 140 sheets of MUJI on the way lol.

J

2 Likes

I think it’s definitely a problem that’s only gonna get worse as the coil builds become more and more complex lol.

J

1 Like

Thanks, i just wanted to make sure that i wasnt totally loosing my mind.

1 Like

I find that once a coil gunks up a quick dry burn and rinse under the tap helps to bring that shine back to the coil ready for some fresh white cotton.

Gotta love that shine on a nice coil.

J

2 Likes

I rewick about every two -three tanks…depends on the juice some last a bit longer?.. and haven’t we all lost our Minds lol

4 Likes

Temperature Controlled Titanium Core clapton for the Lemo 2. 3mm ID @ .43 ohms. The flavor from this coil is insane. It rivals the flavor from my Goliath. I can’t wait to put Tio2 coil in my Goliath. It my retire me from dripping. NOT!!!

3 Likes

Tempered Ni200 into the Goliath…

1 Like

Titanium Core Clapton with temp control in the Goliath. Anybody that want to get all your flavor from diy juice need to get some Titanium. I don’t know if I’ll ever build with anything else again. I have taken my taste buds to a new level of flavor enjoyment. It’s really that good.

Dual Titanium Core 36g Kanthal wrap, 1mm ID at .2 ohm in my Goliath!!!

3 Likes

I’ve just built the deck in my Stillare RDA with a spaced 26/32 Clapton with parallel 26g on a 2mm ID with 5 wraps.

Came in at .27ohms.

Ramps up really quick on my Mech and flavour is really good in the Stillare.

I’ve just done a shake and Vape with a Banana and Coconut recipe I’m calling Banoco Loco.

It’s a private recipe at present and once I perfect the %'s I’ll release it to the site.

1 Like

How about weaving the cotton in and out like a basket base. Would be a PITA to drip on but would be interesting to try.

1 Like

I ripped it out

I’ll just leave this here for @NewDrip.

4 Likes

Looks like a Caterpillar track coil.

Nice find.

These are the types coils I’m building already after only a few weeks of building experience @Jimk

2 Likes

I just lol’d to myself lol!!! fitting!!!soooo fitting!!!

1 Like

Just watched a vid where someone was coiling Ni200 for a temp control mod and used a threaded bolt to be able to get the spacing perfect; this was for single wrap type coils. Looked fairly easy and exact.

5 Likes

I actually tried this when I first got my flask . It seemed to work perfect until I went to pull it off and it just wanted to keep stetching . Maybe I’ll revisit it and be more careful .

3 Likes