What Coil Build do you prefer?

The guy just unscrewed the bolt away from the coil so the coil stayed in perfect shape.

1 Like

I’ve seen this done too for rebuilding Nautilus BVC coils.

@MixedUp1 try unscrewing the bolt out of the coil instead of trying to get the coil off the bolt.

J

1 Like

Just fitted a 5wrap 2mm ID 28/28/32 fused Clapton @.49ohms into my SS plume Veil.

It’s a lovely cool dense vape.

Really makes my banana and coconut shine!

J

2 Likes

I moved 5 posts to a new topic: Which coconut is the best?

3 Likes

I’m killin the Goliath w no spaces

3 Likes

Very nice Zipper coil there @hoob

You should get in on the coil building show offs thread here.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/coil-building-show-offs?source_topic_id=13470

@Jondamon There’s some really nice looking builds on there ain’t there .
That Newdrip fella is something else .
Have you ever Google build mode some amazing builds on there

1 Like

Im on a Clapton trip right now, standard, fused, parallels and I tried a stapled stag fused Clapton tonight but it didn’t turn out right. Lol.

I’ve been watching Squidoode on YouTube and trying to replicate his build with outside claptons with a ribbon centre then wrapped together to staple.

I’ll get there as tonight was my first try.

Yeah the thread is mostly @NewDrip and myself with a few others posting occasionally.

I find myself wrapping a different coil almost every night. Then every few days making wire lol.

Your zipper is sweet though man!

J

1 Like

Thanks .I didn’t have flat jawed pliers so I pinched it with some wet n dry paper was a real pain in the prick though so I only gave it about 5 passes .
The friction Got a bit much on my finger tips .
At the moment tho I’m liking just three strands of 0.25 mm (no idea what that is in awg) for an easy flavoursome build

2 Likes

.25 is around 30awg.

Most pliers these days have a flat section on them near the grips.

When smoothing the twisted wire it helps a lot if you rub some juice on the flat section of the pliers.

J

Iv still not tried my hand at a Clapton yet .
Should I belive the hype?

If you’re looking for a flavour build then yes believe the hype.

Claptons produce so much flavour it’s just stupid!

Then when you begin to wrap them in parallel with other thicknesses of wires/other claptons then you get staged heating occurring and because of the different temperatures of wires at different stages of heat up you get much fuller and differing flavours coming through.

J

1 Like

I’ve been trying out my Micro Lens on a few old coils. I like the detail it shows.

4 Likes

Competition Coil Builds… I found these builds on Instagram. These are some of the best coil builds I’ve ever seen. Hats off to these guys and gals.

5 Likes

Jesus!

…there are no words…

2 Likes

Looks realy cool. How it the flavor.Look like BVC tank ,but on a RDA. I have always like the BVC they just seam to have great flavor. That one thing I’m miss useing a RDA. Might tray a sub ohm tank. But it your “The Olympic Rings”. work great and Have flavor, I’m going to try this.What a great job, thinking out side of the box. Please let me know. about the flavor.

2 Likes

It was good then… At least that’s what I thought. I’ve ditched all that stuff for simple titanium coil builds. It delivers all that and more.

1 Like

I’m not a fancy coil builder (yet), but I took @Pro_Vapes advice and got some SS wire. Just wrapped my first SS coil; 26g, 2.4 mm id, 7 wraps, came out to .47 ohms. Put it in one of my drippers, and juiced it up with some strawberries and cream that I’m trying as a shake and vape. Last night I put the strawberries & cream in my Sub-tank Mini, .5 ohm vertical Kanger OCC coil; hardly any flavor. This morning I dripped the same juice on the .5 ohm SS coil, and SHAZAM!! I tasted strawberries. Thanks @Pro_Vapes!

4 Likes

I’m very glad you went with the SS, Severus. Told ya! Its great!

1 Like