What Coil Build do you prefer?

I haven’t change builds in quite a while. This works perfectly for me…

3 Likes

Those are too low ohms for me! I’m not a pro on battery safety, so I stay in safer ranges. The lowest I’ll run is .1 or .2
Note there is no zero before the .1 or .2. What type of battery do you need for that resistance? How many amps?

2 Likes

Same here. I like to stay around 0.25 at my lowest. Especially since I don’t TC.

1 Like

Every time I try to TC, I really don’t see any benefit, and then I get " protection’ or some other jerk-off issue. It doesn’t make my coils last longer or anything good. Sometimes it will pulse, pulse, pulse. I like to regulate my OWN heat! LOL. It is said you should use TC for Titanium and I don’t. I KNOW you will see the titanium oxide - IF it every occurs. Well, I’ve never seen any. It hasn’t caused me any issues yet. LOL. I was at the doctors’ office last week and I was telling a guy how vaping saved my life and they don’t want me to be on o2 anymore. He said “Watch out, you could get popcorn lung”. OMG. I just said no one has ever gotton popcorn lung from vaping. Don’t you just hate it? We need to arm ourselves with some quick replys and BE ready. Why? oh why is this happening? Makes me need a drink. LOL>

2 Likes

Most of these new TC mods will safely fire down to .05 ohm. Most regulated mods shouldn’t even fire if it’s too low. They should state how low they will go. I’m not a battery guru, but maybe someone with more battery knowledge than me can tell you how this will work on a mech mod.

1 Like

Ok. Maybe you have taught me something here. Finally a reason I would use TC. Okay.

2 Likes

2 Likes

20 awg (kanthal) dual stove top coils, with a 2.5 mm internal diameter 4 raps on each comes out at around 2.4 ohms each, on twisted messes limited edition rda absolutely kicks ass for flavour, and the rda stays nice and cool compared to the twisted messes original (don’t ask me why?!), I run mine at 120watts you get clouds and flavour! Best of both worlds

1 Like

Quick reply is… “maybe you can get hit by a meteorite”… it’s the same probability.

1 Like

Thank you Pro_Vapes. I’m ready next time. Hey… We should start a thread on it… What people say and what to say back. We need to speak pro-vape more. You know the sqweeky wheel gets the grease. Do you know of any threads or discussions anywhere like that? Another time… my sister’s son-in-law said “Vaping is dangerous because it puts moisture in your lungs”. I told him “You’d better be really careful when you take a shower! You wouldn’t want to get vapor in your lungs.” It’s just like people saying there are chemicals in the ejuice. I’m sure if you listed the ‘chemicals’ in water it would look really bad. So… I’ve heard PG and VG are in a lot of things. I need to find out more specifically so I have some examples.

My favorite coil is Titanium 26 gauge about 2.5mm inside diameter, about 8 wraps that comes out to about .3 ohms. I make the diameter as large as I can for the particular RBA deck. That way, I can make less wraps and keep my resistance not so low (a higher number). I use 26 gauge because it fits better and ramps up faster than a thicker wire. Yea… It probably does not last as long as a thicker wire, but wire is cheap, and I don’t mind building coils. Besides, it’s usually gunk that ruins my coils. I clean them now and then using a tooth flosser brush I keep near the kitchen sink.

1 Like

Though I like @Pro_Vapes reply…

I think you should have told this doctor that being you are in the medical field then you should know the difference between propaganda being passed around and true facts about vaping. You as a doctor should know a little about any and all beneficial devices which help the American Public in such a big way. I certainly feel a doctor should. My doctor does. Perhaps this doctor got a medical degree from Fox News…

2 Likes

I like that… He should know realistic information about vaping, a beneficial device helping people in such a big way rather than listening to propaganda being passed around. It wasn’t the doctor that said it, It was just a guy there, another patient at the doctors’ office. _One problem is… They say they "just don’t know’ yet. They don’t have statistics on how vaping can effect you. They’ve got an answer for everything? True facts? Where do they go to learn. Why is there propaganda? I wish I had better answers. I need to work on it myself. I need better replies.

How do we put this in the correct thread? This subject matter is not the correct topic.

1 Like

Did this ever get a thread going?

Heck I don’t know. I start talking about the wrong topics all the time. Thank goodness sometimes someone moves it to the correct place. lol Also, I don’t go online regularly. Sometimes it’s a long time before I reply.

2 Likes

Best build specially for flavor. On Griffin25 with Demonkiller Alienwire. 5wraps dual coil. Ohms .2 and you can go up to 70 - 80 wats. i find my sweet spot around 40-50 watts. Very nice wire and good ramp up time.

depending on the rda/rta mainly 20g 6 wrap spaced (always) on 3-3.5mm or if want to TC 22g.

IMO the best coils for flavor are N80 Aliens 3x26 gauge cores and 36 gauge alien clapton, 5 wraps @3mm, they’re around 0.1 ohms.
I usually vape them on a mech mod, if I use a regulated mod, I vape them @ around 110 watts.
I’ve tried a lot of different coils, some from the most well known builders, some that I make myself, and for me the Aliens are best for flavor.

2 Likes

316L twisted parralel 28G 4wraps 3mm ID build today. My sigelei 213 is running them in TC like a champ at 480F. Best flavor out of any type of wire ive tried by a longshot. My vote is for 316L. Thank you to the members here who suggested it. Unfortunately my kanthal Alien Claptons no longer compare. You know what they say once you go 316L :smile:

1 Like

I’m oldschool I guess. Just came back to vaping after a year and a half of dumb. Currently rocking a shiny new (not for long I gather) Alien 220 mod with the baby beast on top. The RTA for it is a bit tricky to wick but really chucks the clouds with very nice flavor. Still running my old 5/6 wraps of 26g Kanthal duel parallels@ 0.18 ohms. Always interested in new tank builds. Also just got an ijoy tornado. Holy juicesucker Batman! I went through over 5mil in an hour just playing with it! Figured I better learn to mix my own juice and here I am.

1 Like

Welcome to ELR!

Good to have you here!