What Coil Build do you prefer?

My goto is very close. Been twistin up a lot of SS28x2+36 lately. Flavor pops. Just “flat” enough to get snagged easily by most grub screws/clamps. Pretty quick ramp. Responds nicely to “standard” 316L profiles. Pretty small for those tighter build decks. I’ve got it from 2.5mm to 4mm depending on the deck and it does the job nicely. Got some KidneyPuncher stainless coming in that they claim is less springy. Excited to try that out. It can be a little “bouncy” to get positioned. Helps some to give them a little flash burn even though I wind all spaced.

2 Likes

thanks! seems like a great place for like minded people.

Tried these along with 28x2/40 and both worked very well on the Reloads.

I think they made it stateside today. Maybe by end of week? Hope so. Excited about giving them a go!

Cool! Let us know what you think when you get 'em.

You know I will. They are going right up against the Ammit 25 single. Quite a high bar for any atty.

Never tried it but I think I might put that one on the list. Heard lots of good things.

Amazing flavor. I can’t tell the difference in flavor between it and the Govad RDA. Even my really subtle mixes shine through. Can’t praise the thing enough.

1 Like

Tis where i got my 316L :wink:

Did you get the newest wire with the new KPSI rating? If so, what do you think of it? Does it have the same TCR as the old 316L?

Not sure if i had to order special then im guessing i didnt get it. TBH dont know about TCR settings. I used an IPV5 for last two years. Although a great mod it would run Ti in watt mode. Guessing it temp control did not work as i would get “dry coil” message in Ti mode when it was soaked and no short was present. 2days ago i built with the 316L and put it on my Fuchai213 as my IPV5 finally died. Works like a dream! If you watch the Watts on the screen they fluctuate throught the puff. Pretty coil. What is ideal TCR setting for the 316L

It varies from mod to mod but the standard is about .00092. I’ve seen the range between .00089 and .00094. The DNA chips use a full TCF profile which is a series of resistance coefficients along a temperature plot. When I ordered just yesterday from KP, there was a lot of verbiage about the new KPSI rating on the ss wire. They are claiming less “spring” in the wire which would be nice for fancier coils. I’m just hoping it didn’t change the temperature coefficients as my DNA mods are finicky enough already.

1 Like

I can’t make a clapton to save my ass so I bought some already made clapton wire I’m waiting for it to come in

1 Like

This method works really well for a standard single and fused claptons. Works well for staggered too but not as easy.

1 Like

Got bored last nite. This site gives me TOO many ideas sometimes! Flat braided 5 strands of 28g K1 together. 4 wraps around 3 mil came out about 0.22. Vapes pretty nice. Probly won’t do it again tho…half blind by the time I was done.lol.

Hello there,

This is the second time i post here. Last time, you guys taught me how to build my own coils. I was spending about 60$ a month for coils and now, i spend this amount for a whole year. Which is absolutly great. By doing so, i also had to buy an RDA ( Vandy Vape) and this tank is so much more tasty than the one I had.

My problem is the following: I’m building a double coil with wires that my friend gave me (i don’t know the gauge, think its 24) and, following a tip video on youtube, made them twisted. Making 8 full circles, and it gives me 0,11 ohms (which i think is great - well, way better than 0,20 ohm (last time i made a coil)). I don’t know how i got to 0,11 ohms, and why i think it tastes better than 0,20 ohms. If i made 7 turns, would it be higher or lower ? If i use 24 gauge and was going to 28 gauge instead, would it be higher or lower ? Mostly, what is your ohms level for your vape ? Do you guys go under 0,10 ohms, do you guys go for 0,50 ohms ?

I don’t know nothing about ohms levels, gauge levels etc. All i know is that if I repeat the same process i made, im going to have a decent vaping experience, but the necessarely the best. So, is this coil good and if not, what should I do ? I’ll add pictures of my setup.

So, my main problem about this setup is that my tip is going so hot after like 5-6 puffs that I need to separate de top part from the bottom to cool it down a bit. Im at 60W, 2,63V, 0,11ohm and 23,7A. Any suggestions to have a better vaping experience ? Thanks for reading all of this !

1 Like

Think of wire as a water hose. The bigger the hose, the less trouble water has moving through it. The larger your wire, the less resistance to the flow of electrons. Hence lower ohms. So you twisted wire which increased the amount of metal, therefore reducing the resistance (ohms) plus you have more surface area, so more vapor/flavor production.

28 gauge is smaller wire. Remember, less size means more resistance. So ohms will increase.

There are a number of factors though. The type of wire. Nickel and titanium are really low resistance wires. Nichrome is lower than stainless steel. Stainless is lower than Kanthal.

If you were at 8 wraps then decrease to 7 wraps, you used less wire. Less wire means less resistance - so lower ohms.

When you build dual coils, you halve the resistance of a single coil. So if you have a coil that has 0.4 ohms resistance, duals (in parallel) will have 0.2. If you have 2 in series it would double, so 0.8 ohms. You should read everything you can on the webz and watch videos about this subject and all things DIY vape coils. There is a lot of knowledge to be had.

4 Likes

Thanks for these tips, that’s a good start for my overall knowledge !

1 Like

Sale at advanced vape supply
@Antoine_La_Rue, it looks like you need new wire :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ordered 24 gauge, made a single twisted coil. Now having 0,24 ohms and I much prefer this. More “instant” when i hit the power button, better flavour and most important, my vape doesnt get so hot that it burns me anymore !

2 Likes