What Coil Build do you prefer?

Cheers for the tip on the legs.

I’ve tried not to get too close to the posts just incase I get too close and short lol.

I’ll unwrap one wire before I install the dual setup and post my results.

I’m still learning but I think I’ve come a long way in a couple of weeks lol.

J

2 Likes

@NewDrip

You mean like this.

4 Likes

nice looking build @Jondamon!!!

ima try that sucker!

@NewDrip im organising a vape mail for wire, time to try me some nichrome

what do you recommend ? gauges lengths and possibly international shippers?

Pixxie

1 Like

Cheers Logan.

It’s got great flavour for a single coil build.

Really great flavour.

My peach pie and custard hasn’t tasted so good. Hmmm

J

ima check your juices are they private?

Some are but most of my original recipes are public.

It’s only adaptations of others clones etc that I keep private (no need to clutter the recipes with more of the same)

I’ve got a lovely coconut Creme that I made for my sister.

Couple of coffee recipes.

Some menthol recipes with fruits (for customers)

Some tobacco/fruit recipes.

Have a check and see if there’s anything that you like.

I’ve tried to leave comments on most of them with any additional things I’ve done or taste test info.

J

3 Likes

You’re doing excellent. It took me 4 months to learn how to make claptons. I can teach you to make the Fused Claptons if you want. It’s a lot easier with 36g wire.

Yep that’s it. It makes them look more proportioned and it lowers your resistance.

The Ni200 is super super low resistance wire. I only recommend 28g or higher if your planning to twist or clapton or dual. I ordered the 26g and everything I build that’s dual is less than .06 ohms, totally unusable. The rest of the nickel wire is okay. Get a high and low gauge so you can build with them. I have the Nichrome 60 24g. It’s good to work with and Nichrome 80 is also. I get most of my wire from Temco , but I don’t know if they ship international. They have a 50% off sale right now.

Hmmm fused claptons.

Is that 2 cores with Clapton over wrap?

J

yeah that’s it.

1 Like

What would you recommend?

Parallel 28g as a core with 36g as an over wrap?

J

When I build the Fused I like using 24g. It’s stiffer and doesn’t twist much.

I need to turn off the suggestive text on my phone. I making me look like a real dumb ass.

I’ll try with some 26g initially then.

Just out at my darts match tonight so I might have a try at wrapping some later or tomorrow.

Is it better to straighten the core then fold in half for a parallel before wrapping the fused Clapton?

J

Yes, straighten it a lot. Almost to the point of snapping the wire.

So I built my deck when I got home last night using initially one of the coils from above that you mentioned unwrapping one strand to keep the looking better and thus reducing ohms further.

So I put one of the 6 wrap 28/32clap 28twisted parallel coils with one twisted 28g wraps unwrapped to match the outer on the other leg.

Built the deck tested the ohms. .4ohm.

So I couldn’t add another coil to my deck as I’m only using 22A SAMSUNG 25R’s and didn’t want that little 5% head room on my amp limit.

I really need some 35A 18650’s or a M80 or both lol.

Remember the first rule of Vape club - no one talks about how much we spend at Vape club lol.

Maybe next month I’ll purchase some 18650’s with a 35A limit along with some NIC and some flavour stock.

Then possibly the M80 the month after. Lol.

Here’s a pic of the deck.

What I might try is 2.5ID on the same build with 6 wraps and see how that turns out on the reader.

J

2 Likes

I didn’t know you had a ohms restriction. I thought you were trying to get low.

Good looking build by the way. You have gotten good with your builds. It’s a lot of fun, isn’t it.

My latest concoction. Double Wrapped Fused Flattened Clapton. I’m hoping the double wrap will soak in juice like sponge.

2 Likes

I’m just having fun at the moment but I’m trying to avoid venting a battery.

My building certainly has come a long way in a short time.

The lowest I think I would be prepared to try would possibly be a .2ohm with my 25R’s as this would give me a 5% amp limit head room.

But I would probably do it with a battery that’s been used for a small amount prior to the build so it wasn’t pumping 4.2v from a fresh charge and could almost guarantee a 3.6v usage which would give me a little more head room for .2 build.

I seem to be wanting clouds with flavour and I have to say that currently the Clapton with twisted parallel seems to be the way to go.

For single coil builds right now they’ve got a quick ramp up time.

I fear though that if I increase the ID to 2.5mm and continue with 6 wraps and unwrap one strand as per your advice on proportion of the coils, that a dual build will take forever to ramp up.

But I won’t know until I try it for sure.

I can envisage that once ramped up it should be flavour city!

J

What type of mod do have?

Using a FUHattan copper and carbon fibre.

The one that has very little vtage drop.

Check this out.

Dual coil 6wrap of 28/32 Clapton with twisted 28g. One of the twisted 28g unwrapped to make the legs more proportional as per your advice.

The ohm reading is after firing and crimping.

I think this is about as low as I dare to go on the 25R’s with my FuHattan.

But ramp up is really really quick and it’s chucking clouds with slap you round the face flavour.

Think I’ve just found my keeper build for now!!

J

4 Likes