What Coil Build do you prefer?

If I get a long ramp up I squeeze and wait a few second then pull. Good hits every time.

My latest build, 40 wrap titanium on a 3.5mm screwdriver, .8 ohms, vaping at 100w and the RDA doesn’t even get hot. Full flavor and decent vapor.

3 Likes

This is what I have been doing but it’s just not doing it for me on this build.

I’m picking up my PV with the .15ohm build in it in about 20mins and I’m going to grab my coil building box and bring it back to work with me.

I’m contemplating a simple quad coil build with 26g on a 2.5mm ID with around 6 wraps just to try out at work when I get 5 mins to build it.

I might wick the entire quad with a single piece of cotton wrapping over the top of the posts as I cross the deck.

J

2 Likes

Ooh la la.

20 wraps on each coil or is it a sleeper style build?

J

20 wraps on each. I can vape it a 150watts and not get too hot. A serious flavorful hit.

1 Like

@NewDrip

I put this build together in about 5mins.

7 wraps per coil
2mm ID
26g Kanthal.

It chucks pretty well with pretty good flavour.

Ramps up really quickly too.

J

2 Likes

So whilst at work I decided I didn’t like quad build a whole lot and said f**k it.

Wrapped a dual coil with
28/32 Clapton with twisted 28 in parallel
5 wraps on a 2mm ID
Came out to 0.21ohms and wow flavour is punching and the vapor is DENSE!!!

I just don’t seem to get the flavour with standard wrapped coils like I do with any other variation of claps or twisted wires.

Hey ho I’m a Clapton whore lol.

J

1 Like

You got the bug, CLAPTON FEVER!!! :ambulance:

1 Like

@NewDrip and @Jondamon

My first zipper!!!

https://instagram.com/p/2WjahiKjAQ/?taken-by=pixxiepuffs``

2 Likes

Did you do the flattening?

1 Like

yeah man like 20 times but i didn’t manage to pull much kanthall off, i was trying to do a meter of clock wise and anticlock wise and it just kept snapping :frowning:

so i managed to pull the best bits out and get two coils

its weird cos they all say it doesn’t chuck I’ve got dual coils 3x28g clockwise and 3x28g anticlockwise coming in at between .14 and .17 depending on how hot the coils are literally no ramp up time and huge cloudage

I tried it before but it was too difficult to do the flattening. It was hard trying to slide down the wire evenly.

1 Like

aye it kinks up next time i do it I’m not gonna twist the wires as much

I have a couple of these: Plano Medium They work great and fit in a backpack easily.

Because of you folks, and your fancy builds, i wrapped a couple dual coils builds and vaped them side by side my single coil builds. I had forgotten how much surface area affects flavor, flavor i sacrificed so i could add more juice to my PV 1.5’s.

Nothing fancy just some 26g 316L duals @ .3ohms. MMmmMM! Perhaps ill give twisted coils a go again.

3 Likes

The parallel twisted 28 Dual I made in my silver PV at .15ohms is just superb.

If you have any 28g knocking around you should get one together.

5 wraps 2mm ID but parallel twisted 28 x2 for the dual build.

Just delicious.

It really makes my juices pop.

J

1 Like

Lets see, @,15ohms on a 4.2v fully charged batt on an all copper mod would come to a little under 100w when you factor in a slight Vdrop. Be careful you dont cough fart and rip your anus! hehe

2 Likes

Lol.

94w I think if I remember right on steam engine.

Initially on a fully charged bat it’s a bit warm and packs one hell of a punch.

Once the voltage drops down a bit more 3.7 or so it’s really flavoursome. (78w or so)

It’s your fault though that built a deck that low lol.

Telling me you’ve gone as low as .15 with 25R’s lol.

I just had to see lol.

J

1 Like

Well from the tests ive seen it is well within specs as its 28amps, less with Vdrop. Purple 2500mah Efests are rewrapped LGHE2’s which Efest claim have a 35amp pulse rating, the 25r’s are slightly better batts.

3 Likes

After my titanium build last night I figured I’d try a tio2 Clapton and it just barely squeaked in. Dual Fused Claptons 2.4mm id, .5mm tio2 and 36g kanthal wrapper. Flavor and Vapor is superb, and not too hot.

4 Likes