What Coil Build do you prefer?

Hey man, have you done or thought about doing any DIY vids…?
Your builds are off the hook…

2 Likes

I don’t have a good enough camera.

1 Like

I’ve renamed him metal master in my book!!!
@daath is it possible to change our names? I was just wondering?

1 Like

Sure, details are in the welcome announcement post:

:smile:

2 Likes

Anybody can build these types of coil. Once you get your Clapton Tool dialed in, it’s really simple. Once I get a Clapton started I don’t even have to hold the tool. It feeds down the wire on its own. It’s all about the tension. Try it and you’ll see. Start with a heavy gauge 26g and lower. I want to see more members on board. These coil gives you the best vape possible.

4 Likes

I would second that motion, BTW what is in your wire stash.
All I have is 26 Ga Kanthal…What would be some of them I would need to start rolling these coils.

The above coil is wrapped with 36g kanthal. I also wrap with 32g (a slightly bigger coil) and I just ordered some 40g from Kidney Puncher. The highest core size I’v been able to wrap is 30g, but it was difficult.
28g and lower for the cores, 28g and up for the wrapper.

A couple other builds. Dual Fused Claptons .12 ohms, 317L core 36g wrapper 2.4mm ID. My favorite build right not.

My Goliath Build thanks to @daath Dual Claptons, 28g kanthal core, 32g Ni200 wrapper, 1mm ID @.14 ohms.

3 Likes

My latest. I had some old GPlat wire aka 317L 24g and 26g, wrapped It with 36g kanthal, 3mm ID. Still a little rough, Will fix when mounted.

2 Likes

I’m gonna try and make myself a zipper coil tonight.

Just been out and bought some pliers with a toothless section.

I need some more RDA’s as there are too many builds I want to try but don’t want to strip out my current builds because I like them too damn much lol.

I’m thinking a Mutation X clone, Atomic Clone, maybe a Madhatter, and possibly a few others.

I’ve got an UD IGO W sitting in the cupboard but it doesn’t have any post holes only post screws so it makes any fancy coils almost impossible to build on it.

J

1 Like

My latest build and first try at it is a 24awg kanthal and .4mm ribon wire wrapped fused claptons

5 Likes

I just wrapped a spaced Clapton with 28/32 on a 2mm ID with 6 wraps per coil as a dual.

Simple but very effective.

So @PIXXIEPUFFS if you grew up in Shrewsbury/Telford you probably visited my home town, Wrexham.

J

3 Likes

Hey Vapsta’s

@NewDrip @PIXXIEPUFFS @quitter1 @Ken_O_Where

This is a simple-ish 26g quad coil Build.

First I wrapped 2x6wrap 2.5mm ID in the normal fashion.
Then I wrapped 2x6wrap in the opposite hand.
So I had 4 coils with 2 different pairs so the rotation matched each pair.

Then I inserted each coil so the lower leg was on the positive post. Once tightened in I positioned them slightly upward.

Then fired and crimped. 0.15ohms.

Here’s some pics.

This packs a serious flavour punch with nice warm vapor.

Just how I’m liking it at the moment.

Unfortunately the spaced 28/32 dual coil above was taking a little bit long to ramp up for me again so I had to swap it out.

J

4 Likes

Biddilly boom!

1 Like

that’s the zippers at 50w 70%vg

3 Likes

Nice!!

Loving the whites @PIXXIEPUFFS

Quite an amateur chef myself.

Besides my Vape stuff my pride and joys are a full set of Victorinox knives.

J

3 Likes

You a chef too bud?

Ahh I’ve had many the victro

I love henkels and wustoffs too there the boyos

1 Like

So, umm, I can count on you to back me up when the wife starts asking questions, yes?

2 Likes

Damnitalltohell, I need a new hobby. When did coiled wire become arousing?

3 Likes

No I’m not a chef bud.
I just really like cooking.

Got a 10" chefs, 6" chefs, parring, filleting, white meat, red meat, bread and shintoku knives.

J

Ofcourse.

We’re brothers in arms!!!

J

1 Like