What Cotton Do You Use and Why?

Probably is psychological but still …the less hands on my product the better !

1 Like

rayon not for sure what that is?

Rayon is like synthetic cotton - it’s made from cellulose fibers :smile:

1 Like

Hmm don’t think I would like it then. I used cellu cotton in my dripper but it had remain wet at all times and if I dry hit it, it was done, trash it

Basically, koh gen do:

Nice price. Nice vape. Forgiving on dry burns. Enough to share with friends for sure!

1 Like

I use japanese cotton called sumo cotton. Don’t really have a taste unless dry burnt then only for that initial hit. Also wicks good if I make my wick right lol.

1 Like

It kills me how much money has been made by some vendors on Japanese cotton squares. I’ve seen them sell 10 little sheets for over $5.00. I think PT Barnum had a saying about this type thing.

3 Likes

And Cotton Bacon… Dafuq?

…really, don’t get me started.

2 Likes

I was at my local vape shop last week and some d00d wouldnt shut up about it. My local wont even carry it and they give away the cotton pads with a new RBA purchase. Just one of the many reasons i still buy some of my hardware and juice there, they care about the customer more than the benjamins.

2 Likes

I Have enough koh gen doh to last for 4 yrs at least.

1 Like

they will come out with something new and we will all get tired of the jap cotton.

2 Likes

…that’s the nature of this hobby. In the mean time, koh gen do is my wick.

2 Likes

Shiseido & Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton

The Shiseido is really white, clean and very soft :smile: the cotton labo is organic, has little bits in it, but still very soft. I have not had a dry hit in a long time…

Complete opposite near me, it’s all about the benjamins… one of my local B&M sells six pieces of cotton for 6 bucks… I just feel sorry for the suckers buying it…

2 Likes

Me too plus the vendor sold me two packs and then tried to tell me he was only suppose sell me one, hey I did not know.so I have quit a bit.

2 Likes

Wow, that is just crazy! I was the one who introduced the owner of my local B&M to Shiseido pads, i wouldnt be able to keep my mouth shut were they to do something like that. i understand the need to make a profit, i have no problem paying a few bucks more for hardware to support local business but that is insane.

1 Like

Getting dry hits with rayon is close to impossible and unlike cotton you can dry the wick to the last drop. Most probably you didn’t wick it correctly. Rayon should never be fluffy, it should be tightly packed. Every time I hear stories about dry hits and some horrors with rayon it turns out people are wicking it like cotton - it doesn’t work that way.

Once you get your wicking right, you will never get back to cotton.

1 Like

I’m finding that “Puff” cotton to have a bit of a taste to it, even muting flavor…have you experienced this?

Bout to pull the trigger on some of that Shiseido from Nordstroms…hopefully that’s better.

Anybody have any other links to more bulk cotton good for vaping?

I’ve been using the Puff cotton since about March of this year; can’t say I’ve experienced odd tastes or muting of flavors. Perhaps, I’m just used to the nature of this cotton having used it, exclusively.

One day I’d like to try this guys cotton:
http://www.cottonman.com/samplepk.html

Probably can’t any more natural than his stuff. :wink:

1 Like

I have tried the gamut, except for hemp and have settled with Cotton Bacon and now Cotton Bacon v2. I like the flavor it allows from my mixes and I can get it “on the fly” at any of my local brick and mortar stores for a decent price.

1 Like