What do you call your device?

I ask this because I’m seriously stumped when someone asks me “what’s that?”, when I’m vaping. “Box mod” makes no sense to anyone outside of the vaping community. Calling it an “electronic cigarette” or “e-cigarette” is out of the question because 1) I don’t want to reinforce the anti-vaping propaganda that vaping and smoking are the same thing, and 2) it’s kind of hard to call something any kind of “cigarette” when it looks more like you’re smoking a cell phone :iphone: :grinning:. Finally, “personal vaporizer” makes it sound like some sort of medical device for asthmatics. So what do YOU refer to your device as, when those in the general public are curious about this activity? (And no, “mind your own business” is not a diplomatic option :wink:.)

1 Like

My P.E.N.I.S. ~ Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System

Seriously tho, i just call it my vape unless they ask for details.

7 Likes

I usually say “vaporizer”. Few folks seem confused by that (and not many even ask anymore) these days, but if they still don’t get it, I’m not above saying ecig, especially with my folks who are gonna call things what they call things, and that’s the end of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. At least my “vape”, as I guess I’ll call it, is not as problematic as my use of nasal snuff, since putting a powder up your nose has this tendency to attract the curiosity of law enforcement. Once I even had my order of snuff from England intercepted by Homeland Security once it reached the States!

1 Like

It depends on who is asking and how it is asked , sad to admit but I enjoy messing with people at times. :ghost:
If they have the look (we have all seen it) and have that tone (we have all heard it) like I am doing something illegal I run as hard as I can with it.Usually take a big pull, roll my eyes back ,exhale slowly and tell them in my stoners voice this is the shit that killed Elvis.:smiling_imp:
Sorry I am not cut out to be in public relations.:scream_cat:
If they act and ask like they are interested I tell them it’s my vape and will go into great detail in case they know someone who could use this system.:angel:
I am pretty mellow but sometimes I don’t play well with others.I will be as nice as you let me or as mean as you make me kind of person.I think it goes back from me getting my ass kicked a lot when I was young.:smile_cat:

3 Likes

Here’s replies from a previous thread…

1 Like

@BoyHowdy - I understand your sentiment, absolutely. And I’m really the same sort of person as you describe yourself. I can be sweet as an angel, or I can be really nasty, depending on the circumstances. The problem, as I see it, is that when we vapers offend others in the general public, even if their taking offense is out of total ignorance, those people are same ones writing their senators and congressional representatives with their opinions about vaping, and I don’t want to see vaping regulated out of existence. So a certain amount of diplomacy is helpful - not in order to “play well with others”, but to protect our own interests.

1 Like

:laughing:

10/char

1 Like

edited - can’t figure out how to delete

1 Like

I agree completely and I did make myself sound much worst that I really am.I am sure it was the beatings or perhaps just the fact I like to mess with people.
Luckily I have two things going for us as vapors.I live in a rural area and I have an upbringing.I am not the jerk blowing clouds at the ballgame or on the bus.I am 99.95% sure those I have told the shit that killed Elvis bit have never voted in their life.I am 100% sure they could not name one Representative in their district.
I vape exactly like the way I smoked , never where it would be immoral.Just because it is legal doesn’t mean your not a damn jerk for doing it.

1 Like

@BoyHowdy - exactly - The fact that you can blow big clouds of vapor doesn’t mean that others wish to be enveloped in them against their will.

1 Like

Yes , there is a time and place for everything.I have some setups that never leave the house , they are too rowdy for anything other than home.I am not to judge because I like big flavor and that comes from big clouds ,but if one wishes they can build a 20 watt device that can work if needed.
There is no need to be offending the masses.

The little Mini Volt with the Snap Dragon clone on 20 watts with the right build is awesome.

1 Like

Dart Gun
me and everyone in my family call it that

1 Like

Finally, I’ve always wanted one and now I have at least a dozen :stuck_out_tongue:
I just got a spontaneous nosebleed from excitement.

5 Likes

Yup. I just call it my vape thingy. Then I say it’s what got me off the cigs, and I have decided to make my own juice so I know what’s in it. If someone seems interested I usually find my self talking about DIY briefly and if they have questions to let me know.

Some want to know more, others just say cool beans.

1 Like

[quote=“Josephine_van_Rijn, post:14, topic:57019”]
Finally, I’ve always wanted one and now I have at least a dozen
[/quote]I’ve had a lot of fun with mine, and it’s also gotten me in a good bit of trouble. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’ve been known to take big pull off my e-cig and as I’m exhaling (in the cotton ball voice) say “Kirk to Enterprise” or “it’s a walkie-talkie”

3 Likes

My husband calls them my binkies. (As in a babies pacifier) I can’t complain as I routinely heavily fog the room he likes to watch TV in. (he hasn’t figured out how badly the flat screen is getting a coating on it yet)

I’m still calling them vape pens even though they are boxy looking steam muffler things now.

Vapetron, its like a war cry on smoke break. Vapetron vs. The analogs

2 Likes