What do you do as a profession?

I am an IT in the United States Navy. I have been in for 18 years. Ready to retire and settle down.

13 Likes

Iā€™m a model.
I model socks.
On the radio.

18 Likes

Iā€™m wife, mother, grandmotherā€¦ .oh, and I manage this:

Before, I was a Crew Chief in the Air Force for 4 years, then in the IT industry
for 26 years.

13 Likes

Iā€™m a dispatcher at an atm company. I monitor about 800 atm machines and dispatch technicians if the money is low or generate errors. I recently started this job but loving being off the rooftops ā€¦ which I was a commercial roofer before.

11 Likes

I am a Psych Nurse.

13 Likes

Please accept my apologies in advance for my warped sense of humorā€¦ But since your post included a bit of humor in the same vein, please consider the following:

You might want to make a minor (but critical) edit to further clarify the followingā€¦

ā€¦as how it read, my first thought was imagining a cheering section for the one enduring such a heinous act.
ā€œWay to take that punch!ā€
ā€œYou didnā€™t even flinch!! Way to deny letting her know that hurt!ā€ -yes, women can be ā€œbeastsā€ too! =p

Seriously though, what you do is awesome. and more than once Iā€™ve been the one to not stand by and idly watch this kind of shit happen. Makes my blood boil.

PSA: if you see it, HELP STOP IT! In whatever way you can. Someoneā€™s life may depend on it.

5 Likes

Do be careful not to put fuel on the fire. Geez in the US with you guys all carrying 3 pistols each be very careful. Call police as your first action please. Then you can be brave but always be smarter than you are brave.

Wow psych nurse & support workers totally brilliant professions. Thanks.

1 Like

A trained assassin working on behalf of a number of corporations, I enjoy long walks in the dark, exercise regularly and i own an extensive weapons collection

14 Likes

Credit to you for taking on a tough role there. Autism is hard to work with, even if a child is relatively calm and placid. I can relate to your situation, I have a severely disabled son (cerebral palsy, spastic quadriplegic, tube fed, communicates via ipad and autistic) itā€™s a draining job as a parent as the 24 hour care based mostly on repetition day in day out really takes itā€™s toll. My son is coming up for 17 now (Iā€™ve had him for nearly 14 years, biologically from my partners previous relationship) and itā€™s been a tough ride, so many appointments and a lot of heartbreak. I feel very lucky to still have him with us as weā€™ve nearly lost him a few times. So work comes second for me. Iā€™ve not really landed into a career due to not being able to work full time but fortunately for me Iā€™m not driven by money (we have enough, even though Iā€™d like more :smile:).

So my job is mostly as a carer and dad but also I work in a gym part time and as nightclub security for that little extra cash in hand :innocent:
Oh, I also sell some of the juice that I mix which has turned out popular enough to make me a little extra here and there. Guess that also makes me a part time juice vendor :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s some great jobs of other members on here. Especially the microchip engineer job. Such a variety of people from all walks of life. A very interesting post.

12 Likes

:joy: brilliant

2 Likes

Hahaha, you do develop a dark sense of humour doing my job! Post editedā€¦thanks for pointing it out lovely :+1::blush:

P.S. Iā€™d like your post but Iā€™m all out of likes for about another two hours :joy:

6 Likes

14 years an Executive Recruiter. Iā€™ve worked Accounting, IT and currently engineering for Defense Contractors, Utilities (Nuke guys are insane), Automotive and currently Medical Device. Scary thought, I know enough to intelligently talk the talk but I could NEVER walk the walk (except accounting). I seem to learn something new every day!

6 Likes

I gave it a like for you :laughing:

1 Like

I am a Steamfitter / Welder by Trade for 34 years

6 Likes

I was a welder / pipe fitter for 20 years in the Navy
:anchor:

8 Likes

Cool I started out at Newport News Shipbuilding in Va. :+1: at 19 years old and worked with some of the best fitters there

2 Likes

Maintain and repair industrial and commercial laundry equipment

5 Likes

Professional cracker stacker.
Been working for the same cookie/cracker company for 28 years. Currently the the working foreman of our warehouse and sick and tired of Oreoā€™s.

12 Likes

Thanks beaut :laughing::+1:

2 Likes

cool I was welder there many years ago

4 Likes