What do you do as a profession?

I’m a Bench Joiner / Cabinet Maker, 20 years in the business.

8 Likes

I work from home doing customer tech support and testing for a software company in the online poker industry.

8 Likes

That’s cool what type of Chemist are you ???

1 Like

I am an Environmental and Analytical Chemist by qualification, mainly focused on eco-toxicology (the presence, movement and uptake of chemicals through the environment and into living things, measuring contaminants in laboratories and looking at vectors for movement of chemicals) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What sector do you work in w/ your degree…sorry if that’s too nosy of me :blush:

I would hate to have to know how many years of math related courses you’ve taken !

3 Likes

Haha, nah it is no problem.
I have worked at all levels of government here in Australia, from planning, to environmental sciences, contaminated lands management, to health and development control.

I had to do one year of solid math at Uni (calculus and stat’s), but most of the math in Chem is algebra after that. Use calc here and there.

Funnily enough, I was never amazing at math in school. I had to push myself to get through it at Uni, but once I got it, it stuck.

7 Likes

I hate like hell I’ll have to advance my math and calc and algebra when I return to school I have been thinking of going back I just don’t know what to do. I love being a nurse and I’ll always be one at heart but I’d like to do more not sure what but the math, algebra, calc has always been my sore spot as well.

6 Likes

Math was always really daunting for me, but after some good tuition I found it pretty easy, it is like learning another language really. Once you know a few of the tips and tricks it comes together and can be applied in any way.

The thing that helped me was working through math in real world examples. Actually seeing how the equation applied to something, and how it could be manipulated to look at different aspects of something.

Funny thing is, calculus is simply rates of change.
When your calculating percentages to weight in different bottle sizes of liquids, you are actually doing calculus (to a degree).

5 Likes

Haha well to think about it in those terms I’ll be ok I can increase and decrease recipe %s all the time heheh

2 Likes

you can always work for USPS. come on in! we need mail handlers (no math)

4 Likes

I worked for a mail room it was one of my first jobs I posted mail for FSU students ! No thanks been there done that !

Mostly math classes I hate. Real world math is fine.

Nursing math is fine too I am used to it and I know what’s expected also I have a computer system and a pharmacist if I need double verifying.

Just venting on Math lol ickk blah yuck !

2 Likes

i’ll tell mgmt you are coming. our dock is freezing cold if that helps make the switch. :blush: thanks Amy.

2 Likes

Hey they need to fix that problem that is just wrong. I ain’t coming I’ll be a no call no show ! :wink:

2 Likes

well, ok. we get 1 break per day. that help any? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No that is unfair and labor laws are being broken bump that …I only need to advance my career for my body’s sake lifting ppl and turning them is no joke and reeks havoc on your body over time. My back is no good d/t an OTJ injury :frowning:

Remember I do ICU nursing where majority of my pt.s are comatose and ventilated mechanically

3 Likes

I play the fiddle and a roofer I am a fiddler on the roof…:laughing:
Jk but I do play guitar

9 Likes

I’m a fat security guard, doing nights

10 Likes

and eating that pink guava! :yum: im sorry for being nasty minded

4 Likes

But what would you do if you were a rich man?

3 Likes

All day long I’d biddy-biddy-bum

4 Likes