What do you do as a profession?

Not trying to be combative in any way here… but I always see people say how tough it is to be a mom. ( And it is. ) Being a single dad is tough as well… especially when the child is severely Autistic. Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to down play the difficulties that moms have… either married or single, but I know a lot of single dads who are towing the line as well.

One of my best friends has raised his daughter since she was 18 months, after her mom ran out on them. Another friend is a widower with 3 kids aged 3, 6, 7… all three being girls. I myself have 100% custody of my Autistic son because his mom couldn’t deal with his disability, and I pay child support for the son that she has custody of. I have taken my son to every appointment, every therapy session, every event since he was born… he is 17 now, and I take pride in that.

So in the interest of all … Let me just state… Being a parent ( mother OR father ) is tough.

13 Likes

True dat ! Single dad’s have it bad too ! My fiancé had two young boys when I first met him ( we’ve only recently gotten engaged ) he struggled so much financially physically emotionally it is tough. It all worked out but Yes Dads don’t get near as much credit as they should ! :+1:

Senior maintenance tech at a lg hospital in the northeast… and now a certified snow freak!!! Ha-ha I also am the lead for the dialysis system here

1 Like

Single, married, mom or dad. Count each day with your children as a gift. Each challenge raising them as a blessing. And don’t grumble along the way. How quickly the heart can change when you bury a young one…believe me I know. I would give anything, climb any mountain, endure any pain just to have 5 more minutes with my precious one. Thank the god of your understanding for the wondrous gift of your child.

Yeah…thread is a little off track but moderation doesn’t have to be a brown shirt activity :smile:

4 Likes

Electrician for over 25 years years.

2 Likes

Nothing like getting your vape supplies and bling at the same spot :smiley:

1 Like

Something that all developers love @daath , a project manager for e-commerce projects :smile:

haha yes, we do …love them :wink: I actually know quite a few really good PMs :smile:

Where’s the coil in that vape? LOL

So true, I was a single Dad too with an ADDHD CHILD so I know the heartaches too.

2 Likes

Student! I’ve sold shoes, worked in a print shop, ran embroidery machines at a sportswear place, worked for a local magazine as a graphic/ad designer, and done the self-employed photography/graphic design gig. I started off at school as a biotech student, but now I’m a computer science major. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey Ringling that’s a super cool website! I have been a movie buff since I was a teenager hanging out at the local drive in every Saturday night. Now I have a collection of about 30,000 movies that I spent the last 4 years transferring to 1 terabyte hard drives. I wanted to put my movies on a website but I would just about need to own my own server to store all those movies. Anyway, I love the website! Nice work!

1 Like

I’m a student as well. I’m a Electrical Engineering major. I’ve worked in the restaurant industry for over 7 years… Various hobbies here and there and now vaping and working on cars consumes my free time!

2 Likes

Glad you like it. Worked pretty hard on it and it’s nice to hear good comments. Thanks…

1 Like

I’m a retired musician. I worked as a professional musician for over 40 years. I play bass guitar and rhythm. I’m also an accomplished vocalist. I worked mostly in night clubs. I did some traveling in a road band and on a Gray hound bus. I’ve been literally everywhere. I also worked in a local recording studio and was the bass player on one hit record. I’ve written over 30 songs and recorded all of them. I currently write short stories and spend time on reddit and a writers forum.

3 Likes

What an interesting group we are! I’m a full time father of five, and a part time electrician, @hairbag that all looks nice Brother!

6 Likes

School bus driver for a special needs school where my youngest son attends! Formerly a engineering/maintenance coordinator for a pharmaceutical manufacturer…

4 Likes

Lol . Besides being an electrician ,I’m also mr. Mom raising two teenagers.Lost my wife 3 years ago to cancer.

5 Likes

Just realised that in my couple of months here I’ve never actually introduced myself or what I do.

So I’m Jon, 35, married to a beautiful woman, with 2 young boys, 4yrs and an 18month old.

I’m an IT Network Manager for a local Secondary School (been there 15years).

Been vaping and DIY mixing on and off since Oct’14 but managed to actually give up the stinkies full time on 27th January this year when my wife also took up vaping.

Glad to be a part of this crazy vaping community.

J

6 Likes

Lead Case Manager for a permanent housing program for the disabled homeless. I’ve been doing it for about 13 years. Prior to that I was a data communications tech. The tech job was more money but a lot less rewarding - if that makes sense.

6 Likes