What do you do as a profession?

Aww…what you could have done with my old 73 Mach 1. Wonder what you could do for a crappy Focus? LOL

Something like that would require a CMM to generate a 3D model, unless you can find a model online. The cost would be very expensive as mold work requires a lot of machine and engineering time.

@Lostmarbles - I have made lots of car parts for my cars over the years. Shifters, dress-up items, badges, knobs, etc. I have always wanted to make some wheels. But these scale carbon fiber/aluminum wheels for a wind tunnel model is the closest I have ever come.
[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/2FastLX/media/Machining/HPIM2846.jpg.html][/URL]

4 Likes

Currently I am a full time professional job seeker!

@LordVapor
Cool job and one I can relate to as the Delcam software is a great piece of kit!
It’s amazing how much it has come on in the past 20 years or so.
Very user friendly.
Loved the ArtCam Pro software myself!

1 Like

More of a MasterCam user here. I liked Delcam. But for what I do now MasterCam is by far the better choice. Delcam is OK with 3D. But lacks by comparison for any 2D work.

I have an AS degree in computer and electronics engineering. I work in automation and instrumentation at a large steel making blast furnace. Mostly writing plc ladder logic. I have more hobbies then three people have time for (mixing, fishing, camping, mechanic, fabrication, construction, gardening, BBQ (LOW&SLOW) and nitro RC! I think that’s it…)

2 Likes

I am a commercial roofer and guitarist.

4 Likes

A guitaroofist

7 Likes

LMAO!!! Thats hilarious!!!

2 Likes

I spent 31 years working for a moderately large computer company. The last 20 some odd years writing code, from assembler code on a mainframe to embedded c. Retired for 4+ years, and thinking I wouldn’t mind working part time someplace. Just haven’t discovered the right occupation…hmm, what do I want to be when I grow up?

5 Likes

I’m a financial advisor.

6 Likes

I am a full time paramedic and volunteer firefighter in a small town.

7 Likes

Here-here, I agree with you, @Moresalt.
Don’t know that I will ever grow up, but I’m sure having fun with my childhood, now that I’m retired.
Never a dull moment.

3 Likes

Having a Master of Arts degree in English, it goes without saying that what I do for a living has absolutely nothing to do with my education LOL! I am the vice-president of a food service company that contracts with the Defense Department to provide meals for students in Special Forces training.

5 Likes

I build and service Bakery ovens.

6 Likes

I ride along with my husband over the road trucking, having not been home in month’s but I still make my ejuice

5 Likes

Disabled Vet… had to medically retire since I was 32, been bored ever since…

6 Likes

Backstage tonight at the theatre, slogging through a technical dress rehearsal for the opera, Marriage of Figaro.

For the life of me, I can’t keep the Looney Tunes version out of my head! Love me some Bugs Bunny!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mjbrz

6 Likes

My official title is Infrastructure Operations Engineer. My working title is Sr. Telecommunications Engineer. Myself and another person are the architects of Florida’s Statewide ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Network. Ever use Google Maps and wonder how they generate the green, yellow, orange and red traffic flow information so you can take a less congested route to your destination? Ever use a 511 travel app on your smart phone, or maybe the WAZE app? That’s the kind of data that rides on “my” network.

5 Likes

Thank you for your service.

7 Likes

ozo, what model gun are those off of? I can do a search for 3d models of them and possibly work something out for you.

2 Likes