What do you really hate?

Part of many installations is giving permission through the firewall for active license authentication subroutines (especially if you run CS versions). “Updates” are famous for resetting stuff like that to defaults (all denied). Running a “Repair” on your Adobe installation might fix.

3 Likes

I hate my mother in-law’s

Riding lawnmower…hopefully today’s repair will fix the POS…

Replaced battery
Cleaned carburetor
Replaced fuel filter

Now carburetor not getting fuel from the fuel tank… dang fuel filter has no fuel in it…

Let it sit awhile fuel leaks into line and think will crank right up…

Now I know why she left it when she moved to Cochran…

1 Like

Two of the best things I ever did for pc security:
Dump adobe flash.
Dump java.
:laughing:

4 Likes

Was getting ready to try out real flavors Hawaiian drink !

And ohh the horror. They say a picture says a thousand words…

2 Likes

Under warranty in the civilised world, I would say.

1 Like

I really hate this thread . It gets me down.
So, I’m not gonna catch up on the 248 replies I haven’t read, but last time i checked out this thread I saw some posts about intenet scams, and just now I found a mail in my junk mail folder that I’m 99.99999% sure is one of those really nasty scams. Not unusual, I know, and normally I’d just sigh and hit the "phishing scam " button, but somehow i find this one especially disturbing; more than just a phishing scam, but an attempt to lure you into something deeply regrettable, What do you guys think?
and is the phishing scam button an adequate reaction?
It goes like this:

Greetings dear friend
I am happy to know you, but God knows you better and he knows why he has directed me to you at this point, so do not be afraid. I prayed and got you email id from your country’s ministries of commerce and foreign trade departments. I am writing this mail to you with heavy sorrow in my heart, this massage mighty come to you as surprise but i chose to reach you through internet because it still remains the fastest medium of communication through this medium internet has been greatly abused. Please give me this little chance to explain myself to you, I would have like to meet you face to face before departing from this mother earth but due to the illness continue to deprive the chance but even if I die on the process of this operation I will still praise my God ALMIGHTY.
My name is Mrs. Elisabeth Peter i am a dying woman and i decided to donate what I have to you for charity work/assistance to less privileged people in the society. I am 62 years old and I was diagnosed of cancer for about 4 years ago, immediately after the death of my husband, who has left me everything he worked for and because my doctor told me that i would not last for the period of one year due to cancer problem. Because of my health, I have some funds I inherited from my late husband, the sum of (17.6Million Dollars) and I needed a very honest and God fearing who can withdraw this money then use the funds for Charity works. I found your email address from the internet after honest prayers to the LORD to bring me a helper and i decided to contact you if you may be willing and interested to handle these trust funds in good faith before anything happens to me. I want a good person who will use the money to work for Gods charity homes and I have chosen you after going through your profile. I want this money to be share to the next privileged since I do not have a child to inherit the money and my late husband relatives all are non believers and I don’t want my husband’s hand earn money to be used in an ungodly ways. Hence the reason for taking this bold decision because I do not have any child who will inherit this money after I die. I am desperately in keen need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you for this task, you must not fail me and the millions of the poor people in our today world. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved, is 100% risk free with full legal proof.
This money is still with them and the management just wrote me as the true owner to come forward to receive the money for keeping it so long or rather issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf since I cannot come over because of my illness or they get it confiscated. Presently, I’m with my laptop in a hospital here in where I have been undergoing treatment for cancer of the lungs. It is my last wish to see that this money is invested to any organization of your choice and distributed each year among the charity organization, the poor and the motherless babies’ home. I want you as God fearing person, to also use this money to fund orphanages and widows; I took this decision, before I rest in peace because my time will soon be up. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of them. I am absolutely assuring you that no trouble is involved in this money because this is my late husband money. I want you to take 40 percent of the total money for your personal use while 60% of the money will go to charity. I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality and trust in this matter to accomplish my heart desire, as I don’t want anything that will jeopardize my last wish

PS (yeah it’s me, jay2 talking again) interesting that the GOOD LORD shot himself in the foot by directing her to write to someone totally skeptical, isn’t it?

PPS shoulda thought to Google it first before posting,. Yep, same mail appears here: http://antifraudintl.org/threads/mrs-elisabeth-peter.94967/ multiple times and also on another site . God ALMIGHTY is seriously hedging his bets.

but that’s not to say it won’t catch some gullible fool, is it? :frowning:
I really, really hate those things. I like to imagine that the “phishing scam” button alerts a crack team of fraud investigators, but that probably just a pleasant fancy of mine.

An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:

"good day friend" (a standard Nigerian greeting phrase)
"may come to you as a surprise" (a common phrase found in 419 scams)
"million dollars" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
"your urgent reply" (scammers rush victims so they don't have time to think properly)
"utmost confidentiality" (scammers urge victims to keep the transaction secret because they don't want anyone to point out to them that it is a scam)
"god fearing " (scammers in West Africa like to use religious phrases)
"remain blessed" (scammers in West Africa like to use religious phrases)
4 Likes

I got the same email awhile back. You would have to be one of the most intellectually challenged persons in the world to fall for these.

3 Likes

CRACKED caps, eerrrrrrrr!!!

That sux,

I usually stop reading after the “Greetings dear friend” bit. Then I’d go to junk mail options and block the senders domain. Not much else you can do really except shake ya head and hope that 1) these scammers can find another way to earn a living and 2) no-one is gullible enough to take it any further. Yeah @jay210 they’re a definite PIA but not much you can do except remain vigilant. Cheers…

2 Likes

i often read stories of naive old folk falling for things that most of us woul;d spot as obvious scams. poof life savings gone in an instant. and even if they are a bit intellectually challenged , i still don’t find that funny.

maybe it’s different in America? but the naive, trusting old biddy is a prettty common figure here in Britain (that might something to do with growing up during the Blitz, paradoxically! OK, so some nasty people rained bombs on their heads, but the people they met everyday were exceptionally kind and decent towards each other , because those situations do bring out the best in people)

My question wasn’t “Is it a scam?” but rather “Is pressing that “phishing scam” button an adequate response, Does thatactually alert any crime squad?” well, i still don’t know, but it was reassuring to see that there’s a dedicated fraud site or two where people have posted this one.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I don’t often read 'em at all, because the title gives it away in most cases, In this case, the title made me think it might just be some harmless religious nut, so I read it to be sure. Maybe it’s more typical than i realise, but when I read it, i felt it was a singularly nasty one, and it just made my blood boil;

Not sure if my judgement (and feelings!) might be affected by the recent death of my 86-year-old Mum, to be honest. She was a bit too canny to fall for stuff like that, but it was in my mind that her generation are the most vulnerable. And what if her illness had destroyed her common sense before it destroyed her ability to surf the net? kinda lucky it happened the other way round.

When we laugh dismissively at fools, i think we often forget that our parents might easily turn into fools towards the end of their lives.

5 Likes

:rage:
These days are so over!!
Nope. NO MORE!
Now that @BullCityFlavors is officially rebottling, I’ll NEVER buy FLV anywhere else!!

It’s so nice to have the option to buy FLV in 10ml and 30ml etc… /happy dance

5 Likes

How to play with a scammer

8 Likes

@Mix_and_Hope WTF with the FLV caps. I received more than a few of the OLD ones cracked, and my shipper replaced them. So now we move onto these crazy long tips/caps (which I have no clue why they did), and we still have issues ??

I personally hate when you get a hodge podge of bottle heights, as it makes it harder to find bottles when you have multi racks of them.

2 Likes

exactly, and I have some more that are like that. and dont like them tips either.

2 Likes

I hate that sooner or later the machines will take over. BUT, for now, clean the pool my little robot !!!

8 Likes

Skinny dipping at Session’s!!!

4 Likes