What do you really hate?

Having heard first hand of Aldi( deep discount German chain) coffee buying habits, I can tell you that while you are not getting a rare bean from there you may well be getting some of the most consistent coffee in the market.
In UK, my go to beans are the cheapest ones from Saintsbury, a middle range supermarket chain. Not the absolute best but you never get a bad surprise and they are pretty good. Better than anything pre ground for sure.

4 Likes

Just sayinā€™ @GPC2012

8 Likes

Love that one, sadly not available where I live. Even so they opening US stores, still not in my area yet :frowning:

It took me a while going through coffee of all kinds, I settled for folgers French roast. Nothing special but at least itā€™s coffee, in comparison to most brands here or starbucks.

Even milk/cream wonā€™t fix Starbucks puddle water lol

3 Likes

Eight oclock whole bean french roast is one I use a lot.

2 Likes

So, I went shopping at my local Winco and on a whim decided to get some of the Sumatra beans. Iā€™ll brew some up in the AM and give you my biased-by-Starbucks taste test. They do smell tasty, so theyā€™ve got that going for them!

3 Likes

I just posted this in VapeMail, but I HATE that I canā€™t figure out the Donut Custard !!! (I really do ā€¦)

5 Likes

While Iā€™ve never tried Donut Custard, it sounds freaking AWESOME! I know all too well the pain of not being able to clone oneā€™s beloved juices. Iā€™ve been trying my hand at some of the ones I used to order from my favorite mixer and I cannot for the life of me nail ANY. Well, almost-I did manage to crack their Raspberry Sorbet well enough that I donā€™t fiend for it anymore. Spongebob is being a right bastard thoā€¦

5 Likes

I hate that I canā€™t vape the casper candy sticks! Now Iā€™ll sit here all night thinking how to make it vapeableā€¦well after I actually googled what itā€™s supposed to be, but I love the package :wink:

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t looking for rare, just as you say consistent and every day I can count on a good cup of coffee that I know what itā€™s going to taste like every time well providing I make it right lol it is early morning after all

2 Likes

Having not had it I will say this. A common ā€œsecretā€ ingredient in glazed donut dough is a small amount of cardamom Could be the essence you ae missing

Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar Recipe

ā€¢1 cup all-purpose flour.
ā€¢1 teaspoon ground cardamom.
ā€¢1 teaspoon baking powder.
ā€¢1/8 teaspoon salt.
ā€¢1 egg.
ā€¢1/3 cup granulated sugar.
ā€¢1/2 cup whole milk.
ā€¢3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.

4 Likes

Cardamon and black pepper is the ā€˜secretā€™ of my mango sorbet.
I use quotes because I like it at a level where it is hard to miss :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now if you would just replace the ā€œmangoā€ with well just about anything I know Pineapple would work good and maybe blood orange. I just donā€™t like mango but thatā€™s a personal thing nothing against mangos. Mangos didnā€™t do anything except taste the way they taste :smile:

3 Likes

Try proper orange mangoes rather than green and red ones. Two completely different beasts.

2 Likes

Moving i just hate freaking moving , i think i hate it more than anything in life ā€¦MOVING SUCKS

9 Likes

Iā€™ll move one more time in my life and that will be when they move me to the cemetery. I bought this place and I aint leaving

7 Likes

yes ill be buying again soon but for the last few years ive rented , after a divorce my house went bye bye long story but this next place will be my last place b4 i buy again

1 Like

Been there done that with the divorce thing the bitch even took my VHS John Wayne movies. Not only couldnā€™t she play them she didnā€™t even like them.

3 Likes

my ex didnt take my house or get it , i had to make a xhoice, Pay the lawyers or pay the mortgage ā€¦ i was fighting for my kids so at the time the house didnt mean anythingā€¦ I thought i would be able. to make arrangments to get caught up but that didnt happen ā€¦ a lesson learned . One mistake ill never make again

4 Likes

I was never able to buy with the first wife, she was too busy hiding money from me and or blowing it on stupid things like 5 $100 a pair pants that were 2 sizes too small (but she planned on losing enough weight for the to fit) She never did BTW and then she donated a bunch of used old clothes to salvation army and yup there went the pants. In a panic she tried to get some beat up old jacket back because after two days of fighting I learned she had $500 stashed in the zipper pocked on it but had forgotten about it.
It was only $400 I know because I checked the pockets of everything as I put it in the bin and had the money stashed in my wallet. Made me wonder how many other stashes she had around and forgotten about.

4 Likes

Aldiā€™s is GREAT! When my wife first started shopping there, I was skeptical as per experiences with other low cost markets. You can get some things that donā€™t make the cut but most of the products are wonderful and I love the receipt. Iā€™ve come to prefer a number of their brands over more publicized brands.

3 Likes