What do you really hate?

Is your kitty ok?

5 Likes

Heā€™s better. As soon as I got him home I pulled him out of the carrier and plopped him on the central air vent to cool him off a bit. Only problem now is that heā€™s decided he REALLY likes lying on the vent-SO MUCH COOL AIR!!! Just wait until he discovers that warm air comes out in the winter! Heā€™s a new addition to the clowder-just showed up a couple months back and decided he liked the digs, so after he got tested for FeLV and FIV,(Both negative-YAY) he adopted us.

He needed his FeLV booster shot today. He was almost a week overdue-had an appt last week, but the little pisher decided to play ā€œhideawayā€ for some giggles. Thatā€™s cats for you-If they donā€™t want to be found, theyā€™ll blink out of our dimension until they need use of some thumbs!

13 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Sound like he likes the new digs! I love being adopted by animals!

4 Likes

Just about all of our cats have come to us that way-One day somebody just show up and says, ā€œFEED ME!ā€ We used to have a cat that would actively search out and bring female strays home, which was kind of weird seeing as he was fixed! Theyā€™re weird, but they big balls of fluffy love so Iā€™m not gonna complain!

7 Likes

Last month we had 3 or 4 consecutive days of near/over 120F heat. I know what you mean about the mod heating up. Iā€™m scared to use it in the summer when Iā€™m out and about.

4 Likes

Yep I have 3 cats, 2 of them hang out upstairs all day and one just doesnā€™t care he does what he wants. The reason the two hang upstairs is because of the four dogs smallest is about 80 lbs, and the largest is about 140lbs, the cat that hangs out with the dogs beats them up!

8 Likes

LMAO
I had a tom that used to wail on my Malamute/Shepard. Poor dog never stood a chance. They were best buds though. The cat would knock the pizza box to the floor and they would share whatever cheese and scraplings where in the box (sometimes a slice or two).

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah. We donā€™t get high heat around here. We call upper 90ā€™s a heat wave. Lol. So two days in a row of 103/107 plus our normal humidity plus fire smoke rolling inā€¦yeah. No fun hazey high heat.

Thankfully I have acā€¦but many around here donā€™t. We really only need it for about 10 days a year beceause normally overnight it cools down. So ac is a luxury so not many people have it.

3 Likes

Awe!!! Very sweet story! Glad that he recovered from the heat!

2 Likes

I third this!

1 Like

This is what I love about everyone here, this is a thread about stuff going wrong and everyone sees the positive!

3 Likes

Heā€™s a keeper, for sure! Showed up one rainy night, wet and crying in the dark. With that dramatic of an entrance into our lives, no other name but Hamlet would do! So far heā€™s only tried to kill me twice, and itā€™s been a solid month or so since the last try. Progress! :wink:

6 Likes

Failed recipes kinda suck ā€“ I had this idea for suicide cola (which generally tastes like bubblegum when I made it as a kid at 7-11 or toot and tote 'em or whatever)

I ended up with a kinda wrong tasting cola candy >.> Iā€™ll let it steep and see if it improves, but I kinda hate those little wax cokes and such. You can taste the base of what itā€™s supposed to taste like in there somewhere, but I donā€™t think this one is gonna turn out right.

but the big disappointment is that I bought 4 flavours specifically for this, and I have no desire to use them outside that >.> Maybe the cotton candy would be all right on itā€™s own, Iā€™ll browse thru other peopleā€™s recipes later.

2 Likes

Persevere - it may steep out just fine, or it may need lots of tweaks and time spent on it. Keep at it! :grin:

4 Likes

Lol!!! :joy::joy: You can make him try to sound as evil as you want. But we all know he has you wrapped around his paw!!

3 Likes

Cotton Candy is usually just EM in a fancy bottle(If my memory serves) so you can always use it as a sweetener. Iā€™ve got a smallish bottle of TFAā€™s version that I use when a recipe asks for sweetener.

3 Likes

I hate having the flu in Summer!!

5 Likes

I hate I canā€™t give you a sad emoji without writing a post. I miss those lil emojis - donā€™t know how we managed without them now :joy:

Here you go petal: :cry:

Hope you feel better soon :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Awe, thanks @Lolly! You are such a bright ray of sunshine! :sun_with_face::sunflower::sunny:ļø:rainbow: I miss the emojis too! I somehow missed what happened there, they were just gone one day. Were there problems with them?

3 Likes