What does your other half think

The wife thinks I’m supposed to quit. That it costs too much money. And that it is worse than cigarettes because every anti vaping article on facebook she buys into hook line and sinker.

I literally had to break down the costs versus what I was paying for cigarettes. It was crazy how skewed the numbers were in favor of vaping. Had to do that after a $300 shopping spree.

She understands that mixing and rebuilding is more of a hobby than anything else. I don’t really have anything else I spend on so she tolerates it.

She does love the smell of my strawberry and cream mix.

2 Likes

I actually got into vaping as a way to get my lady off cigs. We visited the local B&M and after an hour or so of education from Sarah the counter lady we walked out with our first vape gear and juices, a pair of Aspire EGO twists in a starter kit and we each picked 2 flavors to try. She took to it like a bird in flight and quit cigs within 5 days. She graduated to a box/tank setup in less than a month and got her second mod when the Smok box charging port quit working. She didn’t want to go back to the EGO twist while waiting for Smok to warranty their box so she bought a Vaporesso Attitude kit which she really likes. She has been very supportive of my advancing into DIY although she’s ambivalent on my desire to learn coil making, probably because she doesn’t have an RDA/RTA yet. She does like the flavor she gets from my mix testing RDA and she loves the juice I make, prefers it over store bought stuff. She’s even lurking the ELR recipe side and buying flavors and printing off recipes for me to mix for her. Vaping is something we do together, like a shared hobby and something she can do in the house instead of standing out in the cold by herself. In short, she’s as supportive as she can be and enthusiastic about vaping too.

5 Likes

My wife is very tolerant of me vaping. (Well hell I am Skullblade, you have to be tolerant with me, else someone gets a hammer chucked at them.) However there are times where she hates the smell. Her fucking sniffer is just too sensitive to any smells. I vape in my room of rooms and have only set off the smoke alarms five times. 2 times in one day. I had to test the liquids that I was working on was my excuse. Well we both quit cigs in 2012. She had a bad bronchitis and it hurt her to smoke so she quit. I had started vaping in 2011 because I wanted to quit cigs all together, but that was vape here smoke there. She was supportive then. It took me a bit and some leaky gear to get the hang of it. Then DIY came along. I met @GPC2012 on another site and he really got me comfortable with making coils. Then he threw a brick at my head and got me into DIY. It has saved me a ton of money. The wife is also impressed with the amount of people who help each other out in the threads. I think she is very supportive of the hobby and friends I have made along the way. I love her to no end.

( Sappy stuff over, let’s not get it twisted. There are times I fog her out if rooms and hallways. She does bitch about that, I just blow a bigger cloud and chase her down the hallway and make her laugh. It’s what I do. There has been only 5 times in our 14 year marriage that one of us has gone to bed mad. Our policy is that we fight it out to the bitter end. So you know, she knows how to be scrapy. Hell she married me, sucker!!!)

10 Likes

She’s kind of on the fence, which is odd seeing as she bought me my first setup(Innokin VV3, 16D atomizer and two bottles of 18 mg/ml juice!) She’s glad that I no longer smoke. I was able to finally kill a 26+year habit of 1.5 to 2 packs a day, so she doesn’t give me too much grief. About the only time she does is when there’s been a new “vaping is worse than smoking!” post on bookface or some ignorant schlub blows their pocket/hand/face up.Oh, and when I vaped Placid from Adirondack. She HATED the smell of that juice and claimed that the smell of the vapor was reminiscent of the old Strawberry Shortcake dolls from way back in the 80’s.

2 Likes

There needs to be one correction to Skully’s statement and that is that CRXSS got him comfy with making coils. I did sucker punch him into DIY but then again who can resist a statement like hey if I can do it and not poison or kill myself anybody can. lmao.

Now as for how does wifey feel about it. It’s a cloud fest at our place. We have been known to see who is able to make more of the big screen TV disappear with one vape. With both of us vaping the only problem we have is she is jealous of my ablility to create bigger clouds, she insists her lungs are bigger than mine. She insist that her’s are so large that they had to put part of them on the outside :heart_eyes: I tell her that her lungs are more fun to look at than mine for sure but I can still out cloud her.

6 Likes

every time you mention the hammer i picture throw with a mod in one hand and his hammer in another lmao

2 Likes

Just like Thor, just remember the hammer comes back. Infinite hammer tosses.

1 Like

And I picture you rugged AF

7 Likes

I don’t care what my other half thinks, she still smokes the stinkies. My shit don’t stink.:poop:

9 Likes

Gladiator style. Love it! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s never bitter vaping on a PWM mod. It’s sweet to the last drop

2 Likes

I physically have to hide in the bathroom to buy my more expensive wire Spools online, my hubby just uses Geekvape Fused, so his is pretty cheap. We are pretty much on the same page as far as building and making liquids, although I like to knock out a bunch of recipes in one go, then publish after they steep a while. I also like buying various Drip tips for my Goon, and have to lie and be like ‘they had an awesome sale going on’. I have actually started using the funds I make from Fronto to buy my little accessories. It is a lockscreen thing that made me $6 in two days, so it’s cool for buying the little stuff. That way my purchases are not on my card statement :grin:

1 Like

It is really sad my wife tries so hard to quit the cigs
And due to my father and mothers health problems after fours years of absolutely no cigs I bummed a couple out of sadNess and nerves
I hate them and they stink up everything and love my vape
It can be hard when they are in front of me and things get bad
She tries and I have provided all the juice and mods but she lives in the garage almost all her waking hours so she can smoke
I vaped up the house no complaints from her as long as I let her smoke up the garage lol
We had both got off them and her mother passed she started back cigs and never stopped

1 Like

Stay strong brother when the temptation is ther and here is to hoping that your wife will switch over one day.

6 Likes