WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

No I did not, until you pointed it out, I heard this morning Atria wanted to get in it, Funny, Because I would have thought they spent a big deal in propaganda and Anti vaping commercials, Now they want a piece of the action from the “youth vapors” that epidemic that is happening. and losing Teen smokers to teen vapors.

2 Likes

Yea, got to diversify just the nature of business funny how there is a correlation between vaping increase and alcohol, marijuana, hard drugs and smoking decline in the same age groups they (government) fail to promote.

3 Likes

Exactly. But going up against your own profits seems to be the wrong move unless their motive is to destroy it. I would think they would be better off investing in the booming CBD/Marijuana, like the alcohol and food industries are doing.

1 Like

Interesting source, not sure about Juul, but I know when you do work for Big Tobacco, it’s shrouded with NDA’s.

2 Likes

Waking up in the morning to a view like this on holidays. Awesome xmas break away with the family.

Merry xmas to all the ELR family :hugs:

21 Likes

Mate, that wouldn’t be Esperance (Lucky Bay) by any chance, would it? If so, nice one :grinning: You are indeed a lucky man. Well done…

5 Likes

Haha well yes it is. Absolute magic place. Whitest sand on any beach in Australia. 4 nights over xmas wasnt long enough so we will be back next xmas for about 2 weeks. :+1: :christmas_tree:

10 Likes

It’s a good thing Esperance is so far away and generally speaking, no hordes of overseas tourists to clutter up the place. We are fortunate to have such “gems” here in the West. I know it’s a long time away but hope ya have a great time there next year bro’. Cheers.

P.S. I don’t “do” Christmas but love the sign. :grinning:

5 Likes

Talk about a GREAT way to confuse the kids!!! LMAO

:thinking: Mr Sandman?!? o0
Representing Mr Snowman!?? :thinking:

Dual message?

“If you’re not good… It’s lights out!”

6 Likes

Haha i can confuse my kids with a lot less :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

Definate little ‘Gem’. But u have now given it away to everybody. :rofl: haha.
ELR xmas party at Lucky bay sounds like an awesome idea i reckon. :+1:

2 Likes

Don’t worry mate, you’ll be safe. They’ll forget all about LB after a week. :grin: Just as long as you don’t forget the following:

• Juice, cotton & coils.
  • Spare mod/s and/or batteries/charger.
  • Beer and/or Bundy/Jacks/Johnny.
  • Fish, snags, steak and (maybe) some salad.
  • Oh and yes, the wife and kids.

Cheers…

4 Likes

That’s badass @Burga - the sea, crystal clear water, beautiful!

Jealousy runs deep within me.

It’s artistry, innit? The people in the background add a very nice touch. If I were the artsy fartsy type who judge these kind of things, I’d give it a 10 out of 10 for composition alone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still waiting for that call from you @SthrnMixer - I am expecting “I just jumped ship and swam to shore please pick me up”

5 Likes

That was exactly how my list looked before we went down this trip :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Think the kids had more fun than we did. Took them half an hour to find the right arms :rofl:

3 Likes

I spend a lot of time diagnosing complex systems. Often with little reference material to pinpoint issues. Today I was able to isolate a problem that has stumped several other skilled technicians. Now, I’m not tooting my own horn, I’m not that guy. Truth is I’m asking myself whether I accidentally, or by blind luck stumbled into the solution or gut instinct mixed with years of experience got the job done. Real head scratcher LOL.
While I’m not sure which is true,
It sure made me smile Today!

8 Likes

I love this quote by the famous Irish playright, Samuel Beckett. Even though Beckett saw everything in life as a series of failures- he was an existentialist after all- i still like this quote, even if it has been memeified and misinterpreted over the years.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”

6 Likes
3 Likes

Lol that is literally my favourite bit of the whole show. Tyrion always brings a chuckle

3 Likes