WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

That is Nephila clavipes to you sir.

2 Likes

Similar here. While in college I worked for a newspaper developing. Pretty cool as they let me use the facility for my own work as well. I just had to pay for the disposables. I didnā€™t completely switch util sensors got over 24mp. At that point the resolution was as good as film. I took one of my old enlargers and made it into a vertical camera mount for doing close up videos of products. The enlarger head is stowed away in the basement. Really dig working with the Adobe suite. So many possibilities!!!

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ That would have been my answer too. :rage:

3 Likes

Today we got some DHS assistance to pay our Gas and Electric bills for this month and part of next month. Itā€™s sinking in, Iā€™m officially retired. We were quite happy when we left the DHS office :smiley:

11 Likes

Being retired and actually getting assistance is awesome! :tada: I have seen way too many retired folk that get turned down, especially when they have social security, a mortgage, medicare, medicare supplement, and need more after medical bills.
It is wonderful to see that help is still there for the people who already worked their asses off!:+1:

I was beginning to lose hope.

4 Likes

Omgā€¦ you have a leg lamp!!!
received_10155911423000353
Jealous.

10 Likes

We kept him after that, too. Kept him until he ran away and got picked up by the doggie po po and we couldnā€™t afford his bail.

3 Likes

Itā€™s my electric sex!

5 Likes

Itā€™s a French lamp. I think the brand is fra-gee-lee lol

6 Likes

Most keep those things in a drawer but leave it to Cutlass to keep it on a table!

5 Likes

Yeah, I need to remember what you can post and where.

2 Likes

Have you tried the peanut butter on the shower wall trick? I saw the ā€œlife hackā€ thing go around facebook, but my sister actually did it (dog-safe PB, no xylitol obviously). Her puggle hates baths, too, but she said this worked like a charm and he didnā€™t budge. Although, heā€™s a smaller dog. Big dog, you might have to use a whole jar of peanut butter. LOL.

8 Likes

This has to be the most bizarre thread on the internet. From humping table lamps to smearing peanut butter on walls within a single monitor screen. I beginning to worry. Maybe vaping isnā€™t safe. Maybe there are long term effects that science hasnā€™t stumbled across as of yet.

14 Likes

You may be right. I guess Iā€™ll go back to life with chlorines, fluorines, herbicides, pesticides, genetically engineered crops, and lots of carcinogens mixed in our chemical stews. Oops, like a friend once said:ā€œtoo late, my (edit) already fell off.ā€ So I guess Iā€™ll just keep vaping.

8 Likes

Lol, yup. Imagine if you will going to a vape convention. The first two people you meet you ask ā€œwhat do you do?ā€ to make conversation. One answers ā€œI like to smear peanut butter on walls and give my dog a bathā€ and the other answers " I hump table lamps". Iā€™m not sure I would venture further.

9 Likes

But the peanut butter thing is a great idea and Iā€™m definitely going to try it. Both dogs are 85 lbs each and hate baths. Maybe if my wife smears some Frankā€™s Hot Sauce on the wall she can get me in the tub too!
Edit: maybe some FA butter too.

8 Likes

OMG no! Back to table lamps, farm animals, boyfriends, girlfriends, sundry things I donā€™t even want to know about. Have mercy!

5 Likes

For the love of all things NOT Saloon related, I thank you and humbly ask that you NOT encourage him. :pray: I donā€™t wanna have to move this thread to the sin bin. :rofl:

8 Likes

Whoops. Yes, I need to remember the rules. I still get confused (mostly because he does seem to soil himself just about anywhereā€¦)

5 Likes

Amen and Hallelujah!

5 Likes