What is the draw of the mechanical mod?

I often sense that mech mod users exude some form of pride in their choice. What is the draw? What quality in vaping do mech mods provide?

5 Likes

Pride is a good word. They require more care then a plastic enclosure. I find more of a better vaping experience all together. There is more invloved in build coils too since u cant simply fiddle w/ wattage.

5 Likes

Personality is another good word.

4 Likes

“A dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.” -Jules Winnfield

4 Likes

I think I get your drift. I think of it as “organic” I guess, although I’ve never bought one.

3 Likes

perhaps considered it like driving a classic car vs. brand new one

5 Likes

That I get and like. I think you are giving me a real good image of the sensation. I drive a stick. There’s something about that coordinated interaction with the machine that I enjoy. Thanks. Nice job.

6 Likes

K, 77 f100 w/ 3 on the tree and worn steering bushings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Bumping this for a reason. I am now getting into tube mechs and want to know if there are some good ones out there. Also DM me if you want to sell one as well.

5 Likes

Love this one a lot.

6 Likes

It’s all about the build and your preference of RDA/RTA which I have several RDA/RTas that I use. For me in most of my RDA/RTAs, a .15 ohm framed staple/alien build in a single battery mech or a .4 ohm in a dual mech with same coils gives me the best hit there is. Thick and dense vapor with rich full flavor notes. But I do enjoy variable wattage devices too, I use mechs and VV devices daily but I get the best hit from a mech.

7 Likes

Highly recommend the Dreamer by Timesvape. Good price for a quality mech. It is a an oddball size at 27mm. However, the Ardent Rda was made for this mech.

4 Likes

I looked at this one for a long time before I called it off. The 27mm would not suit me very well, as 99% of my RDA/RTA collection is 22mm. Looks like a very solid mod though! :sunglasses:

Every time I think about buying another mech… I line up my 4 Metal Madness Poldiacs, break’em down, perform a deep clean and polish, build’em back, load’em up with a fresh battery and RDA, drip away, enjoy the 0% voltage drop and ponder the thought… I probably couldn’t buy anything which I revere more than what is already in my possession. :thinking:

Oh… and the draw of a Mech:
When all other fancy equipment has taken a dump and disappointed you… Mech mods will be there to save your vaping butt. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

This right here!

6 Likes

For me it’s the simplicity and the form factor.

9 Likes

Ok… I’m a liar! :sweat_smile: The Dreamer’s 27mm diameter does suit me… and it IS an awesomely awesome mech mod! I got over the fact of a 22mm atty sitting on top of the Dreamer (and Keen). I even took the plunge on the TimesVape Notion… perfect little 18350, when you’re needing a stealth mode setup!

Been looking around on the forum… there’s really not a thread which is :warning: specifically dedicated :warning: to tube mods. I see one hitting the scene very soon. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

These are surprisingly good little 22mm mechs for a ten spot.

5 Likes

I don’t think you can beat the quality/price point combo on them. I’ve got a copper and brass Dreamer. Love them!

4 Likes

I know everyone says get one for the vape Apocalypse but I worry about something screwing up LOL

5 Likes

I never could trust myself with mechanical tube mod. For me, my mod should at least have a safety chip in it.

8 Likes