What makes the 'Magic'?.....A discussion on tanks (confused)

that looks clean man :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I disagree with twisted on that, the 0.15 coil is miles better, itā€™s not a bad little tank. Might even get the rba deck myself. I just got the tank as a bonuse really with the Alien.

The Cleito: Get the RBA!!! itā€™s great, it holds up to any RTA out there, donā€™t care what anyone says.

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably building and vaping my Aromamizers different than a lot of other vapers and thatā€™s why I get the most flavor. I control air flow to make them mouth-to-lung by using small bore drip tips. I build them all different ways with different wires that are all about .3 or .4 ohms, and I use silica wick. I can use cotton, but I like how silica holds it shape and does not get compressed (packed hard). You can move it after it is wet, and it wonā€™t change in any way. I do prefer a horizontal build so that there are two wick ends touching the deck rather than one. As for flavor and wire type, titanium does give the best flavor, but I like to run about 24 watts in power mode, so I usually use stainless steel or better yet a Clapton coil of kanthal. Clapton coils or twisted wires give much more flavor. Right now, other tanks Iā€™m using that are giving me good flavor are a Goblin with a single coil Clapton and silica at 20 watts and .2 ohms. Another is a SMOK with 4 clapton coils and silika in it. In fact, recently I thought I made a mixing mishap adding too much flavor, but no! Itā€™s the tank. I have had to cut my flavor percentage in half in that tank! Wow! Weird.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to increase flavor is to keep the same or similar flavor in your tank and break in the coil. At least thatā€™s what works for me in my tanks. Iā€™d never run peach and then change to apple. Also, Your juiceā€¦the most flavor and sweetness without over-doing it. Different brands of i.e., Blackberry and Raspberry together with Cream Cheese Icing. Thinkā€¦ If you want to taste a strong fruit, then add milk rather than cream cheese. For example, if you are having trouble tasting your blueberry, add milk that is more bland compared to cheesecake or yogurt. Then your blueberry will pop out more. Then, add some sour if itā€™s still not visible. When you make a homemade blueberry pie, recipes say to add some lemon juice and cinnemon. When you make a homemade apple pie recipes say to add orange juice. I hope all this reading will help someone. Itā€™s like riding a bike. And itā€™s fun. isnā€™t it? Wish I could ride along side you. LOL. Iā€™m stil learning and will continue. Itā€™s surprising how much we learn and donā€™t realize it. If I talk to someone who is very new or considering vaping, they think Iā€™m an expert. By NO Means! Iā€™m no electrician, and I canā€™t even remember the numbers or a tiny amount of info like other mixers/vapers here do. I donā€™t have an interesting personality or anything. But, I guess I am ā€˜down to earthā€™ and I try to go this road by common sense and with an overview of the basics. Keep trying and fit into the best fit (best flavor) for you. xo again. By the wayā€¦ I love, love this topic. Keep it up. I will come back.

10 Likes

If you mean the Steam Crave Aromamizer I believe this tank is the top of the flavor atty chain. What it can do with Kanthal canā€™t be done as well as other atties with TC TI wire. I have tried every build I like and then some. I love the Aromamizer and I have several of them that I use for specific recipes that are designated ā€œonlyā€ for what Aromamizer I assign a permanent recipe to use.

2 Likes

I use mine for Bust-a-nut exclusively, none of my other tanks bring out the flavour more :+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have some interesting information. I got a SMOK G4 a couple of months ago from VapeNW and recently I washed and brushed the stock Clapton coils in it and ever since it is giving off so much flavor that I must dilute my ejuice 50% or more. I know this sounds unbelievable, but it is no exaggeration are absolutely true. I put silica wick in it, and itā€™s running at .15 ohms at 26 watts on an evic. Right now I just put store-bought ejuice in it and diluted it using only 1/3 ejuice, and it is very strong. Iā€™m diluting with vg/pg/nic. Iā€™ll post again if anything changes on it. This is amazing.

5 Likes

@TheFlavorSeeker
Iā€™ve been using SteamCrave Aromamizers since they came out, and still use the v.1, v.2, and the supreme (havenā€™t tested the plus yet) and got pretty good flavor from each, using dual verticals in all. I felt that v.1 was ok, v.2 was better, and the supreme was better yet.

1 Like

Just like youā€¦I also run Aromamizers V1 and V2 and havenā€™t tried a supreme. Running 6 every day.
I get better flavor from horizontal builds rather than vertical. Actually many times I make them like ā€˜dragonā€™ coils where they are at a 45-degree slant. I also find that spaced wire and more surface and about .4 ohms gives me the most flavor. I run at about 22 watts and use 26g titanium mostly.

You can loose some flavor from a vertical coil IF the vapor hits the top cotton. So I advise that you keep it trimmed. I like a dragon or horizontal coil so that I can properly make use of the cotton ends to cover the juice flow holes at the bottom of the deck and to soak up ejuice equally to both sides of the coil. A vertical build (to me) is non symmetrical and of no advantage.

Small-diameter Drip tips increase flavor. That is why I use them and one reason I like them. I vape MTL mouth-to-lung and that is how I do it using tanks that are not usually considered MTL tanks. I cannot find a drip tip at hardly any vape store. The right, just right size is on a Nautilus. I ordered more for the mini pro tank from Kanger here: https://www.kangertechus.com/product-category/products-by-type/drip-tips/

Iā€™m adding this edit which I was going to put somewhere else but instead iā€™m adding it here. It is more "flavorā€™ versus hardware though:

I think I get the best flavor by mixing my ejuice using individually steeped single flavors. Sometimes it will be sooo good in an hour or sometimes the next day. But, sometimes it is not as good the day after that. If I mix up a batch of something and let it steep for a month, it is good, but if I use that as a base and then add a few things to it, I have all the power to create great flavor that I want. I donā€™t have to worry about my strawberry fading for example. Flavors fade and flavors blend over time. If I mix and vape on the fly I can get what I want. Yes it does take time but vaping is my hobby and I want good taste. Iā€™ve said recently to my friends that I cannot go to a vape store and try flavors and find anything I like. If itā€™s a simple mix, and I can figure out what is in it, then I can make it better myself. I used to get Zamplebox 11 bottles a month and yes it would give me mixing ideas. There was even just a couple of mixes that were very good. But, I have been able to mix up similar batches just by trial (no error).
Hmmm Your question is HOw to get th best flavor. Definitely Aromamizers. I also use SMOK RDTAs and a SMOK G4. My Chulhla tanks give less flavor but a nice, REALLY NICE draw. My Goliath gives excellent flavor but it Gollups juice. What tank wouldnā€™t give you good flavor if it drinks tons of juice like that? Hmmm. Best flavorā€¦ Iā€™d say add some (I use about 2 drops diluted at 10 percent) EM just before you vape it. Have you tried that? Iā€™m curious. Ethyl Maltol is the same as cotton candy I believe.
Vape Wizard will fix a bland or weird potion. If you can add more sweet or more sour flavor or several particular flavors seem to boost flavor, such as coconut, almond, toasted almond. Black Currentā€¦depending on the mix. More complexity and several brands of the same flavor increases flavor. I also recommend MF to add to your stuff for a change or ā€˜realā€™ taste. Lemon is great, vanilla is the best and cinnamon too. Just like cooking.
Last night I hit on something very delicious (as I do very often). I had my usual Peach mix which is TPA Peach, Sweet Cream and FW Cake Batter about 2%, and also MF Peach and Cap Peach. I added Cantelope in a mix of FA and MF, and I added Unicorn Vomit which is Greek Yogurt and ? Canā€™t remember at the moment. I also added Whipped Cream, but that is not nessesary. Anywayā€¦ it was a real winner. One I definitely jotted down. Right now Iā€™m vaping 3 different brands of Watermelon in my Avocado. In a slerpy AIO I keep MF Caramel only. In my Apple mix, today there is Marzipan. In another Armzr is banana with oh many things. Iā€™m tired and apologize. The Magic is today I gave my father in law 2 new mods, a new charger and he is not smoking stinkies. I did re-wrap some of my old batteries because I am actually very stingy I suppose. One Alien wasnā€™t working for him and he had taken it out of watt mode and got lost. I think the old man is enjoying a good vape. He asked for more vapor so I gave him an Alien and a Baby Beast. All of my tanks are RBAs. I havenā€™t given away my Cleito yetā€¦ but it will go because flavor is less than. I have an RBA base for it and also store-bought coils. Neatā€¦ I have put a bubble glass for a Cleito onto a TFV4 Mini, and it contains One Eyed Turtle - one of 2 store bought ejuices I have. The other is Biskutt - that I use as a base. MAN store-bought ejuice is soo, so sweet, aint it? !!!
The Magicā€¦ Bad question for me. Iā€™ll go on and on. I do feel it is magic that I am not smoking. Never would have thought I would stop and do this instead. Hope some of this helps. Joy

Ceramic: Another thing that makes the magic is ceramic. I have two drippers called X-Pure with a ceramic base. Also I have a tank called a Simba that has a ceramic cup that holds the coil. I donā€™t know why or how, but ceramic increases the flavor.

3 Likes

Joy, have a question. I havenā€™t used silica since the old days. Does the silica wick cover the juice holes enough on the aromamizerā€¦do you have to splay the wick out a little on the ends,can you elaborate a little on using it for this? Just wondered if you had any special little tricks or advice on using it in the aromamizer, to keep the deck from flooding? Tnx!

1 Like

Silica covers the holes just fine weather it is folded over them or if the ends hit the holes. Thereā€™s no tricks to using silica. Iā€™d say much less fussiness than cotton. I donā€™t splay out or fluff the ends or anything. The difficulty with it is getting it into the coil. This is how I do it and I have tried many different ways.
I keep a fine piece of wire that is bent in half. I fold a piece of silica in half and pull it through the coil using the folded piece of wire. The silica is the correct diameter, it works well. It should fit as cotton would, but it doesnā€™t have to be perfect. If it is too loose, it could fall out. I have not had a problem with dry hits if it is too tight. It is easier to size and insert a piece of cotton than it is silica. If you try to insert it without the needle, it is impossible to stick the end of the silica into the coil. If it is the correct diameter (i.e. 3 mm, large enough for a 3mm coil), the end is too fringy at the end to stick it into the coil. So you must use 1.5mm diameter folded in half for a proper fit in a 3mm inside diameter coil.
The benefits to using silica to me is the fact that it doesnā€™t get squished like cotton or rayon. I can move it around later and it works the same as it originally did. It looks better than cotton in Avocado or Theorem tanks (where you can see the wick). Used, wet silica wick is pretty and translucent whereas cotton turns ugly and black. The taste is better than cotton and it breaks in fast. All in all, I prefer silica. I canā€™t really tell you where to buy it. I say buy 1.5mm or smaller - half the diameter of your coils. You will not be able to unwind it to make it a smaller diameter. You can gather several .5 or 1 mm diameter silica strands to use like a mop inside your coils.
As I said, fold them in half and use a fine wire to pull it through. Trim the length the same as you would have cotton. You cannot compress it causing dry hits as you can cotton, and there is no need to fluff.
After building coils now for 2 + years, I can build any tank (usually the first time) with good flow and no leaks using cotton or silica. One good tip is keep the air flow open below the coil and keep the wick away from the air flow holes. Just a tiny piece can cause leaks. In RDTA Aromamizers. I lay the wick on the deck, and then I take a small hat pin and poke through the holes in the deck and through the wick. I also poke once through the wick inside the coil. It seems to work well for me every time. In Armzrs I usually build 2.5mm inside diameter Titanium wire 26g 7 turns counterclockwise. Well thatā€™s my premo duel coil at about .3 ohms. I put it in as a dragon coilā€¦ that is somewhere between horizontal and vertical. Yes, the wick is longer on the higher-up side. I lay it on the deck. The shorter end just touches the holes in the deck. Iā€™ve gotten too particular and fancy you say? Wellā€¦ Iā€™ve got the time and the patience, This coil streams out tons of thick, flavorful vapor. I hope it saves you much trouble, trial and error that I can share this info with you. I wish you the best vape. xo

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I just may give silica wick a try in one of my aromamizers, since it seems to work so well for you. I still have some pieces from my purchases of older rdas left. My first real atomizer was an innokin itazte clk, which had a tank with silica wicksā€¦I donā€™t recall that as having any foul taste from its wick and coil. This may be a very interesting experiment, I will wick it as you suggest and hope for no floodingā€¦lol. Thanks!

1 Like

So Cosmicā€¦ What did you think about the silica? Honestly I like it mostly because it doesnā€™t turn into a wet, floppy rag like cotton does. The silica stays the same shape, works very well and tastes fine. You do know it is actually composed of sand. Silica sand. I think. Also love how it is clear when itā€™s wet. It continues to stay nice looking even in my Theorem tank where you can see the wick. Well, please let me know what you thought about it, cause I hope you liked it!

2 Likes

Where do you get it?

1 Like

It so happens I needed to get some more silica wick. Iā€™ve ordered it from several different places - not always the same place. Here is where I found it this time: texasselectvapor.com
My package came yesterday (pretty quickly) with free shiping for my order over $50. I also got two more SMOK Baby Beast tanks and some EcoWool. Iā€™m going to try it. The silica was on sale and only 25 cents for 3 feet. The EcoWool was about $3 for 3 feet. I got them in 1mm and 2 mm. As I mentioned, I fold it over and pull it through my coil using a small piece of folded wire. Thatā€™'s why I got such a small diameter size. Iā€™ll post on what I think about the EcoWool after Iā€™ve tried it.

1 Like

What makes the magic?

A perfect combination of setup / power / airflow / delivery :+1:

When you find ā€œThe Oneā€ youā€™ll know :wink:

2 Likes

Well I know that now Grubsterā€¦I was a lot younger when I asked that questionā€¦likeā€¦loads youngerā€¦

4 Likes

It wasnā€™t for youā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

wellā€¦it wasnā€™t technically to anyoneā€¦

and itā€™s my thread soā€¦

Fuckyouverymuch :wink:

4 Likes

I replied 3 months laterā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

Slow and steady wins the race Grubster :wink:
:rofl:

4 Likes