What recipe tastes most like a strawberry milkshake?

Haha.There hasn’t been a single time I’ve logged into ELR where I don’t see at least 2-3 WTFs whilst browsing. And I just can’t keep my yap shut so I let 'em know in a comment! :grinning:

2 Likes

I mostly keep my thoughts to myself on the recipes side… mainly because of my early mixes. It’s like a phase most of us oldies has gone through where we really didn’t know any better. Offering advice isn’t always taken well so I just try to let it go. I think to myself, after enuff failure they will learn.

I think newer mixers need to find their niche, which comes in time. I know I spent a year wasting money, flavors and gear before I settled on what works for me.

5 Likes

I’ve ordered Vanilla bean ice cream too, i have however seen a few comments about a peppery taste from it hope that’s exaggerated

2 Likes

not exaggerated at all , however some people dont get the pepper taste , those are people i consider lucky , Hope that your not one of those who gets the pepper taste, for me it is also with TpA Vanilla Custard

4 Likes

IMO it is over exaggerated. This is a good ice cream when mixed and steeped properly. Those that get a peppery taste is a minority. I wouldn’t worry too much, just try it for yourself.

I usually mix it at 2.5% or less and add a little extra cream and vanilla to bolster it up a bit.

As you can see below it’s the most popular by far…

i agree with @Pro_Vapes , that you should try it yourself , it is the only way to find out if it works for you , however steeping and mixing have nothing to do with the pepper taste if you are one of the unlucky ones who taste this , i would suggest only buying 10ml just in case …

4 Likes

@Amy2 is the 1st person I heard mention the peppery taste from VBIC TPA. Here’s her comment from one of my mixes that she tried…

#9 by Amy***, Jan 4, 18:05
I tried this a few days early mistakenly but it’s great. I don’t mind VBIC being 2% or lower I know it has a few more days til perfection but it’s great and I do get a wonderful SB Ice Cream Sandwich effect… I will be increasing my batch size as this is right up my alley. It’s always nice to reunite w/ an old fav like VBIC I haven’t been using it all too often but I’m glad I didn’t sub it out I think the combo really makes this recipe. Nice Job PV :slight_smile:

1 Like

I second this. It doesn’t matter at what percent I use it or for how long it steep; the pepper is still there.

3 Likes

Being the most popular doesn’t mean it’s good for everyone, case in point Justin Bieber. I can’t vape anything with TPA VBIC in it as the pepper taste is overpowering.

5 Likes

I never made this claim, but it’s worth a try. I’ve tried quite a few and this one works best for me. If I only used flavors the everyone liked there would be nothing left to use.

How do you add a IC effect to your mixes? I’m not a big fan of TPA flavors, but this is one that works for me and a large majority of mixers. I just don’t want @videogamingtown to be deterred before he/she even had a chance to try it. It’s all subjective as we all know.

1 Like

For the time being I don’t do IC mixes bc it’s the only one I have. Smells very nice. Tastes bad - for me - as it is subjective, like you say.

I also think it’s ok to mention it like @fidalgo_vapes did, because a lot of us actually can’t use it. Totally envious of you that can.

4 Likes

This seems the wisest course of action for any flavor really. Before I started with creams I read a lot about the peppery taste of TPA VBIC. Since I did find this mysterious peppery taste from a few of the retail juices I’d tried I suspected they might have been using TPA. I just went with Cap VBIC and it’s lovely. If it’s in your budget, try a small bottle of both, or three or five or as many Ice Cream flavors as you want. MUST GET THEM ALL!!! :scream:

8 Likes

I use capella and flavour west VBIC now and they work great. I also have an RF SC tester in at the moment, I’ve heard really good reports about that one.

5 Likes

thanks for giving the correct advice at last :wink:

What works for one doesn’t work for all, I don’t get peppery taste from TPA VBIC but I don’t like at as much as FW which is the one I have gone back to now, and I use it A LOT…but I’m not pretentious enough to say that what I think is the right thing to do, everyone is different and that is never more true than with flavour.

Try em all…fuck it :wink:

6 Likes

Care to share some of your successes, as I can’t find any of your mixes on the recipe side? I’d love to see how you use them.

Wow this went south fast.

2 Likes

I agree… I seem to invoke controversy in some circles for offering my opinion.

1 Like

Once I’m done with my Real Flavours and happy with the results I shall do just that.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m looking forward to it.

Dear, this isn’t about you or your opinion. Now you might think of it differently, but I think of us all in here as equals - with equal rights to express our opinions. None more important than the other. It’s all subjective.

6 Likes