What recipe tastes most like a strawberry milkshake?

[quote=“Pro_Vapes, post:25, topic:144942”]
IMO it is over exaggerated. This is a good ice cream when mixed and steeped properly. Those that get a peppery taste is a minority. I wouldn’t worry too much, just try it for yourself.
[/quote]Things were pretty smooth until I made this reply. If there isn’t some later replies that doesn’t conflict with my reply, I’d be happy to delete my responses.

By all means, let your posts stay as they are, your opinions as an expert mixer here are weighty. Conflicting answers doesn’t mean you are wrong or that others are wrong; it means taste is subjective - and in this case peppery taste is an issue for perhaps more than a minority of us, as you see.

I think the OP has gotten several good substitutes IF TPA should turn out peppery. And several did what you did; urged him to try for himself to find out.

All good. Even without bold italic.

5 Likes

Your opinions are just as valid as anyone’s. There wasn’t any controversy. We’re all trying to help @videogamingtown find the most likely course for success in the quest for McD’s milkshake. Where is the controversy in that?

4 Likes

It’s all about VBIC TPA being peppery. I’m certain it’s true for some, but not all. I’ve viewed this flavor very thoroughly on the other side and I see a ton of misuse.

As far as how some of you use it or don’t is your individual opinions or preferences. But for me it seems to be a blanket statement in some opinions that this is a peppery flavor without exploring options. I just offered a counter opinion.

That’s why I posted @Amy2 comment as to how it can be used with supporting flavors and not have a peppery taste. Like I said she was the 1st mixer I heard saying it being peppery, but there are ways to use and not get that effect.

For some reason those of you that can’t make it work decided to dive in with other opinions that under no circumstance does this flavor work.

2 Likes

I’ll just rest my case to not derange this thread further. We’ll say that you’re right and that’s that. Not equal opinion does not mean less capable :wink:

3 Likes

Some people taste pepper, some don’t. Amy was able to find a work around even though she did taste it. Why are you so fixated on this? It doesn’t make anyone less of a mixer if they decide they like Cap or FW better.

5 Likes

No, it’s not. It’s all about Strawberry Milkshake if I recall correctly. You made it all about VBIC TPA being peppery

3 Likes

@Saxon2 you are right. I bow to you and the rest.

1 Like

Aww, you didn’t have to do that :wink: Very sweet of you though

4 Likes

Either way ill be happy if i can get something that tastes like a strawberry milkshake, another one that i really loved was witchcraft strawberry milkshake, they do still sell this but only in 10ml now so id prefer to make my own, If i could clone that or come close to it, i’d be very happy.

1 Like

You and your like-a-lot crew now run the forum. I’m out.

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes had important advice. The peppery thing is similar to the butyric acid complaint. If your tasting an adverse flavor you likely just using too much. Lower your VBIC% and boost the creaminess with supporting creams.

New mixers always make the mistake of thinking the names on the bottle produce that flavor all by themselves, so Strawberry Milkshake is just VBIC and strawberry which never turns out. Pairing and layering comes from experience and listening …the path to primo ADVs. DIY is not hard but it’s not also something you can just understand without being open to some critique. That kind of openness is what has build this place …not always pretty

5 Likes

What you are saying now is basically if someone new or familiar with mixing feel a peppery note from oh lets say VBIC they are doing it wrong??

Why is it so hard to accept that some people can’t for the life of it use VBIC because of that peppery note and still be doing everything right.

Instead of beginning to talk about doing mistakes, using too much and whatnot, why not give new mixers the advice to buy a small bottle and try it out. That advice was given by @fidalgo_vapes already and so far in this thread it is the best one given.

3 Likes

I’m trying to bow out peacefully, but some of you won’t let me. I’m not going to leave @BoDarc hanging here.

I appreciate you stepping in realizing this ain’t about ego, but from experience that I tried to offer some alternative advice.

As you’ve have seen if you followed this thread, no one has spoke against just trying it. I notice you as part of the like-a-lot crew that just feel a need to educate knowledgeable experienced mixers that’s been down that road you and some of the others are now traveling.

You’re not offering anything beyond what has already been stated. When you have something knowledgeable to share, then share it before coming in backing up your crew.

3 Likes

A lot of forum threads tend to morph into other topics. That’s nothing new. Shit gets off-topic all the time…then back on… and so forth. The Reddit vaping subs are notorious for that.

Steering back to the topic tho…the strawberry milkshake thing is just something that the OP will have to figure out. Best advice I can give is do your research and homework. And that would mean testing flavors like TPA’s VBIC along with different strawberries to see of it works for you. Don’t go on what you read until you personally confirm it. I’ve never gotten the peppery taste so I use it quite a bit. I feel bad for those who taste pepper cuz it’s a great flavor.
Conversely I belong to a minority group that has trouble tasting strawberry. I’m constantly amazed to see the hundreds of Suicide Bunny or Beantown derivitives with only 2-3% strawb. And people RAVE about the awesome strawberry flavor!
That being said…@videogamingtown, you got some homework to do.

4 Likes

I kinda thought the same. I never fit in there, and now I feeling some kind a way here.

i appreciate your advice and respect it , i didn’t mean to make you feel i thought you were being controversial , i just thought getting both sides of the issue would be nice , one who gets the pepper vs one who doesnt …

2 Likes

TBH it wasn’t you. You’re inquisitive and offer good points from experience, but there’s an element here that wasn’t before that tend to make it hard to stay around. Some of my favorite people doesn’t even bother here anymore.

1 Like

this statement may work for some but not in all cases , ive tried every way that one can imagine to get the pepper taste to not exist , breathing , steeping , heating , less , more , the BA issue and pepper issue are two different things and its a fact that for some no matter what you do the taste will remain some can get past it and vape it anyway i cant that doesnt mean i feel someone shouldnt try it …

2 Likes

I’d like to send you a mix, just to see what you think. Hit me on a PM. I’ve sold over 100 bottles and I’d like your honest opinion on it.

1 Like