What to do with 2 Pounds of Hamburger

… any ideas of something I can make with a blob of ground beef besides a meatloaf?

1 Like

Pasta Sauce.

3 Likes

Meat balls! Nachos! Lots of stuff :slight_smile:

Here’s some more inspiration I just googled (only checked out the first few ones, but they looked good):

http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/news/g747/easy-recipes-for-ground-beef-0309/?

6 Likes

@daath awww @Scottes777 thanks! You know what… thanks to that link and the pasta sauce suggestion I can do both. I will make Italian meat ball sliders.

Sometimes you just need inspiration!

5 Likes

Tacos sound good!

4 Likes

I like to brown a bunch of ground beef and make some into tacos, some into sloppy Joes, and leave some pain for adding to pasta. Then I just freeze it all and it’s ready for meals.

6 Likes

Homemade sloppy joe.

Tomatoe sauce
Chille powder ect.

Then top with fancy pants cheese. Your choice. Whatever looks good at the moment

3 Likes

I love some pain in my pasta! :wink:

5 Likes

@Maureeenie make hamburgers?! :confused:

6 Likes

You know, for those days where you’re just a little too happy. Can’t be having any of that, now. :wink:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Chilli con carne in taco shells covered in melted chedder :+1:

just dribbled a little bit there…

I’m so hungry right now…

4 Likes

Make lasagna style enchiladas. Cut the corn tortilla’s in half Fry briefly or heat on dry griddle if you are avoiding fats. Then and now I’m gonna give you my secret recipe for simple enchilada sauce. Make a roux with 3 to 4 tablespoons flour and an equal amount of the fat from the gr. beef and some butter or margarine add 2 to 3 teaspoons of ground chili (not chili powder) Turn the heat to medium./medium low, get the California for very mild get New Mexico for a warmer sauce. Next add 1 1/2 knorr beef bullion cubes and let them melt down a little. Add three to four cups hot water and bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning add salt, pepper, Granulated onion, and granulated garlic. You can add some Mexican oregano if you have it. grate a pound of cheese chop up a medium onion. put a ladle or two of the sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish then dip tortillas in the sauce and arrange to cover the bottom of the dish. spread a third of the beef you are using, some of the onion and a small handful of the cheese. Repeat the process two more times then top with more of the dipped tortillas and all of the cheese left. Bake at 375 for 30 to 45 minutes cut and serve like you would lasagna top with some chopped lettuce and eat till you explode.

4 Likes

sucks big time

Moussaka or eggplant parmigiana with meat? Taco salads. Homemade beef jerky. Stuffed peppers/cabbage/mushrooms. That’s all I can come up with right now.

3 Likes

Shepard pie at least that is what I use (2 lbs hamburger)

5 Likes

My son loves the Zatarain’s Dirty Rice with ground beef. I usually make a lot of it and freeze whatever is left over. He won’t ever turn it down.

6 Likes

Smoke a fatty!
Stuff if with mushrooms ,bell peppers,onions,jalapeno’s and lots of cheese!
Here is one of countless ways to smoke a fatty.
http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2012/04/bacon-cheeseburger-fatty/

5 Likes

I thought you were gonna go in a completely different direction with that comment…

4 Likes

They can go together!:wink:
The fun part , for my nieces at least is when they get to ask me in front of everyone if we are going to be smoking a fatty any time soon!Even more so when they are with their friends , especially as I always reply “Well Yeah!”
They are very good but a little time consuming until you figure out the bacon weave and the amount of ingredients you can put in the filling.I actually prefer the sausage version using Jimmy Deans hot.
Here are some pics of one I made a while back.Of course it got carved up before I got to take any pics in its golden brown glory! :fork_and_knife:
Smoking a fatty is a favorite around here!:wink:

11 Likes