What wattage do you vape at?

Im not the guy to throw my #!+× on the table, but im currently vaping 0.3 ohms at 11V, Ti.

Thats like 370W when i press the button, but being Ti the resistance rises quickly and softens the hit. If I end up at 450F or so that puts me around 200W during the pull. This is a series build on a VV WR LiPo mod…it actually hits like a giant TC rig. No spitting and the vape is extremely cool…but the clouds are enormous.

Its very dependent on atomizer and mod, what wattage is actually vapable. 3S LiPo WR with a 30mm Modfather RDA is just plain awesome tho. . .battery life uh, doesnt matter. I hit it about 3x and am done for 2 hours plus.

Fresh from a USC in hot vodka for the hemp wick, 30mm Modfather w/ 7.5 wraps 22ga Ti1 on 4mm SERIES BUILD

7 Likes

I’m a lightweight. I run my duals (.3 ohm) at 33W and my singles (.7ohm) at 17W give or take a watt or two. Usually in the 3.0 to 3.5 volt zone. I have found that, for some unknown reason, that different mods produce differently. I’m using an Ikon. The same build on a friends mod needs to be run in the 40 to 50 watt range to produce the same results.

4 Likes

Right now I’m running a parallel .27 at 3.37 volts, pretty light too. I like to be able to take long draws that warm over time.

3 Likes

Like many of the posts I’ve read (didn’t read 'em all, I’m lazy) I vape between 30 and 60 watts with usually a .2 or .3 ohm coil, depending on the atty and device. In part it’s battery safety, but for the most part its just my comfort zone. My mother also vapes between 30 and 35 watts. For her though it’s just her comfort zone. She hasn’t but much effort into learning battery safety. She always says, and I quote, “that’s why I keep you around”.

I have vaped at higher wattages, but that was for cloud comps, which I no longer do. The B&M I use to go to closed and frankly it gets a bit boring after a while. All the guys who think they are hot shit ramping their .3 ohm coils to 120 watts using a 30/70 while I’m hitting a max VG (seriously it was 100% VG) with a .15 ohm at 120. Of course I’m gonna out cloud ya.

2 Likes

Through experience and experimenting I build for the sweet spot for my specific drippers, and I use the heat flux on steam engine to organize that. I like around the 300 mw/mm zone, the wanko rda I use for flavor testing operates best with the wattage equivalent being 40-55w, any cooler and it’s too airy any hotter and the rda heats up too fast, but my freakshow v2 needs at least 90w to get the same kinda vapor vs air ratio with just the bottom airflow open, I’ve had the bottom and side airflow both open and had a cool vape at 120w, cooler than I wanted honestly lol had to go to 140w with that build.

3 Likes

They’re not proving anything, they’re practicing!

2 Likes

I would absolutely love to own a setup that I could try a build like this with. I vape to damn often to have it be an all day setup though. How long of a pull would you estimate you take?

3 Likes

5 seconds…you in the giveaway?

2 Likes

Yep thanks. 5 seconds that’s impressive!

3 Likes

I reckon I should say I have a pretty advanced knowledge of electronics and materials science. Ive also been vaping for 4 years and have full lung function…so anyone thinking of emulating virtually ANYTHING that I do, be warned. Vaping like me is probably not advisable at all. Do what I do at your own risk!

Im not kidding or bragging. These mods will jumpstart your car and LiPo mods are 100% not a joke. One should have no uncertainty when pushing them. Know what you’re doing or dont do it at all.

Consider me a random internet yahoo.

8 Likes

Where’s the fun in that… Go big or go home. Live life on the edge, even if it is the edge of insanity.
I also give really bad advice. Dont listen to me

6 Likes

No such thing as a light weight. Whatever works for you is perfect.

9 Likes

Very similar here.

I run a SS clapton single coil (that’s paralleled with itself, my own idea/design) that always ohms out from .19 to .21 ohms (variance due to leg length once installed).

Power and Temps vary from 36w/400f (on “lighter” flavors) up to about 46w/450f (for “heavier” flavors like custards, butterscotch, etc).

Gets warm quickly, and remains consistent across the 8-10 second pulls that I prefer. “Perfect clouds” that are big enough to be satisfying, without creating my own atmosphere… chuckles

3 Likes

Kudos for mentioning it!

Honestly, I wish more people were familiar with that!
I think it’s probably the second most useful aspect of the site overall (IMO).

There’d likely be a lot less guessing involved for a lot of folks when it came time for new builds if they used/understood that feature!

6 Likes

SS 316L, 0.20-0.30ohms, 45-65watts. I change up and down depending on build, tank, and flavor.

3 Likes

True that. My friend made his own LiPo mod and glowed a Dumptank at over 1kw, just to show it could…

5 Likes

I should mention that some of my tanks / coils just ramp up way too slow at 40W such as the ProCore ProC1, its suggested wattage is 40-80 W but i found my sweet spot at 50 W for that particular coil. and I know there are many other newer coils that fall into the same boat.
BTW i don’t build, I just use factory coils or rebuild factory coils.

3 Likes

I usually enjoy my n80 fused clapton wire @ 6 wraps (3mm id, 28ga*3+36ga). A two coil setup of these usually run around 0.18-0.21 ohm, which I vape at 50ish watt.

I prefer being around the 50w range, but it all depends on what material I’m using. Some have a slower ramp up time, which requires more power to get that instant cloud.

3 Likes

Well tonight I finally got to try high wattage. Dying for a hit i tried to be coy and sneak a quick one from my purse right before dinner at the “Chop House”.

Whipped it out drew big, coughed up a rubber lung , choked for 10 minutes, and my eyes about bugged out when i saw the watts at 250. I think i can still taste it. Nauseating to say the least.

Not the first time i forgot to lock my mod, but sheesh, I got to get better at doing it

13 Likes

6.7W - 8.7W on both the Kayfun Prime/Picos I carry with me (one for fruit, one for tobacco) - 9w is too hot and flavorless, an 18650 lasts nearly 2 days, flavor galore :slight_smile:

7 Likes