What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today (Part II)?

True dat! I have been lurking around your recipes for a while now - trying to get a handle on how you use FLV. I must admit like probably 99% of all other diy’ers, I’ve used WAY too much of these flavors in several recipes. Let’s be honest - most of the ones that beg the mixer to be vary sparing are just so obvious - e.g. Rich Cinnamon. It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to know this flavor is uber potent. Others though aren’t quite so obviously strong, and so I think there is that tendency to use most higher than necessary. Of course if one would always use an approach where testing involves starting out super low (a drop or two in 30ml) it would be much easier to learn their strength. I’m not nearly that disciplined, so thanks for what bits you’ve shared here and there. Not sure you realize how impactful you’ve been. :+1:

12 Likes

@SthrnMixer lol… very aware, not sure if that is good or bad, but I am still around when I can be. I picked up a new hobby and love it! It’s giving me a good break and a time to regroup.

It’s easy to get caught up in that omg I must use more… but like FLV peppermint, some flavors do grow and end up way too much… just a small amount of flavor in a large enough bottle for testing say for a month and make a ton of notes… Personally I think most folks are just in a rush to get out recipes, and once on a shake and vape, if it passes happy taste buds, they fling it out. they dont care about much because they have a mind set of I said it is good… You really can not tell until you tinker with solos over time while fighting changing taste buds. Its a process of getting close to what you like, while flavor manufactures tinker with ingredients of flavors over time… Between it all, even after as long as I have set out to make good juice, I still learn new things every day. :slight_smile:

I feel some chocolates and coffee tobaccos coming out soon… just have that itching taste for some good ones :wink:

7 Likes

Completely agree.

No joke. Fought plenty of personal battles in this domain.

4 Likes

This works for more than just Flavorah…

I went thru so many rants and raves… then I learned it was not worth getting ticked at how recipes have turned out, or looking thru and seeing what others had done. Once you know your flavor threshold, looking at someone else’s can make you laugh like crazy and sit back thinking really now? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What are you thoughts on boysenberry flv being mixed with other manufacture creams like bav cream tpa? With boysenberry being the only fruit profile.

I mixed up another persons mix…it was good but at 2%. I’ve see you use it from 0.4-0.8%

Granted I have shaved down the creams for the next mix but tempted to shave boysenberry down to 1.5 or 1.

3 Likes

The issue I see (not that I can replicate, I just do not do standard flavors, I don’t have any at all!) is that you have two possible happenings… one will mute out the flv or it will mute out the standards. Always test as solo flavors and you will have your answer for this. Ultras are wacky like this…

The other issue (for ultras) is as you flavor push a flavor… going from ultra faint, barely can taste; then on to tasting it a bit better; then finding your magic solo spot… after this… once it is pushed, then it mutates. It is still the same flavor… but notes might fall off from: top, bottom, middle or sides of that particular flavor. Then if you keep pushing it… it will mute automatically… or it might mute in 3 days, 3 weeks or complete fade in 3 months.

This is why I have always stressed, do your solo testing before any recipe creation. How can one tell which flavor has warped, if you do not know what a solo flavor in your recipe can do?

7 Likes

felt like playing around with brandy today… initial taste test needs more brandy. but letting it steep for 2 weeks before adjusting flavor…

Brandy Hawaiian Drink

Nicotine Strength 6.00 mg
PG Level 50.00%
VG Level 50.00%
Flavor Level 0.80%
Amount to Make 30.000 ml
Ingredients Ing % Drops Weight Volume
NicSelect - 100mg Nicotine Solution 6.00% 36.0 1.863 g 1.800 ml
Nicotine River - PG 43.20% 259.2 13.452 g 12.960 ml
Nicotine River - VG 50.00% 300.0 18.900 g 15.000 ml
Real Flavors - Brandy 0.20% 1.2 0.060 g 0.060 ml
Real Flavors - Hawaiian Drink (SC) 0.60% 3.6 0.187 g 0.180 ml

haven’t seen any recipes using real flavors brandy yet.

3 Likes

'tis the season to be jolly

entering my flavors into hot rod’s calculator and realized I had

Liquid Barn - Cranberry Cobbler

sitting on my shelf unopened since feb…

Cranberry Cobbler

Nicotine Strength 6.00 mg
PG Level 50.00%
VG Level 50.00%
Flavor Level 12.00%
Amount to Make 60.000 ml
Ingredients Ing % Drops Weight Volume
NicSelect - 100mg Nicotine Solution 6.00% 72.0 3.727 g 3.600 ml
Nicotine River - PG 32.00% 384.0 19.930 g 19.200 ml
Nicotine River - VG 50.00% 600.0 37.800 g 30.000 ml
Liquid Barn - Cranberry Cobbler 12.00% 144.0 7.848 g 7.200 ml

initial taste test - not bad a lot better than the eggnog. lets see what it taste like in 14 days… then ill order 60ml more

2 Likes

Classic Peach Rings. Going to be tough letting this steep, cause it’s super tasty right off the scale. RFSC + MF work really well together!

1 Like

Looks like a quality mix. Would be interested to find out how it works out after a 4 week steep. Hope you post.

2 Likes

You should really try their Vanilla Pudding one day :wink:

2 Likes

wanted some cheesecake tonight. so decided to try this out…

now im letting it steep taste pretty good after mixing

2 Likes

Thank you! That is the plan. I’ll let you know

2 Likes

Champagne Wishes: Well tomorrow we say goodbye to another year and hello to a new one, and the glass we raise to mark the occasion will most likely be filled with champagne or a champagne cocktail. I wanted to mix up a favorite cocktail but I don’t have a favorite, so I mixed up more than one. I really want to know what you guys think of them and how you might tweak them. I’ve never published one of my recipes before, or for that matter posted much on the forum, so sorry if I’m doing something wrong. I left some interesting background info on these cocktails in the notes. I hope you go read them.

Based on Ernest Hemingway’s ‘Death in the Afternoon’ cocktail:

Knife Tricks

Ingredient %
Absinthe (TPA) 1.50
Anise (Anice, Aniseed) (FA) 0.50
Champagne (TPA) 4.50
Quince (TPA) 1.75

Flavor total: 8.25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Based on the ‘Elizabeth Taylor’ cocktail:

Fashionably Late

Ingredient %
Black Cherry (TPA) 2.00
Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 0.50
Cherries (INAWERA) 1.00
Lemon Sicily (Limone Sicilia) (FA) 0.75
Sparkling Wine (INAWERA) 2.50
Vanilla, French (CAP) 0.50

Flavor total: 7.25%

Based on the ‘Skinny Grinch’ cocktail:

Skinny Grinch Sorbet

Ingredient %
Blueberry (VG) (Real Flavors) 2.00
Champagne Soda (SC) (WF) 3.00
Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) 1.25
max dew (FW) 3.00
Orange Creamsicle (CAP) 3.00
Wintergreen (FW) 0.25

Flavor total: 12.5%

Based on the ‘5 Star Salute’ cocktail:

Bubbling Bourbon

Ingredient %
Avocado (Flavorah) 0.25
Bourbon (FW) 1.50
Smoked Plum (INAWERA) 0.50
Wine Champagne (FA) 2.75

Flavor total: 5%

Based on a ‘Midori Sour’ cocktail:

My Eyes Are Up Here

Ingredient %
Lemon Grass (Flavorah) 0.50
Lemon Sicily (Limone Sicilia) (FA) 0.75
Lemonade (Natural) (FW) 1.00
Sour (FW) 1.00
Sparkling Wine (INAWERA) 1.50
Watermelon (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.50
Wild Melon (Flavorah) 2.00

Flavor total: 9.25%

Lastly a cocktail based on a ‘Mimosa’:

My My My My Mimosa

Ingredient %
Jucy orange (CAP) 3.00
Mangosteen (FA) 0.50
Morning Mimosa (Flavorah) 1.75
Moscato (Flavorah) 3.00
Neroli (FA) 0.30

Flavor total: 8.55%

OK there you have it my first published recipes, now I know how one of my friend felt at her coming out party. BTW, Thanks for all you have taught me over the years folks.

7 Likes

My Eyes are Up Here sounds lovely. Knife Tricks I would love as a beverage but anise/licorice vapes and I declared a truce.

5 Likes

No? to anise/licorice you’re not alone, LOL. And from what I;ve read Hemingway was a bit of a wild man.

5 Likes

WIP …

7 Likes

I live close to Hemminway’s estate :wink:

Now vaping granola bar hunni… not listed as a public recipe…
I should tho!

5 Likes

Tastes good in an atty but 5 hits in and I’ve had enough. Not worth the pita of getting the flavor out of the atty afterwards.

2 Likes

Let’s start fresh!

Continued

2 Likes