What're you listening to?

Ha I was just listening to Puscifer yesterday too. I post alot of classic here but not much of the other cuz I don’t think people wanna see or hear it. But I do love my emo screamo. I’m a bit skewed but do love a wide variety of genres and can appreciate most music if it’s done well and even some that isn’t. xD
Here’s what I listen to when I feel alot of angst. These guys were great live and I usually stay out of the mosh pit. Sometimes I just wanna hear somebody growl. xD

3 Likes

Wow. Hadn’t stumbled across these guys yet! How you could manage to stay out of the pit with this at a live show is beyond me…I’m gonna have to add this to my “I hate EVERYTHING” palylist. I think it’ll go quite nicely with the Slayer, Death Angel and Meshuggah, don’t you?

Pits…I miss a good slam/mosh pit! The last one I was in was at a Flogging Molly show. I was standing at the rim of the pit, but when What’s Left of the Flag started, I dove in. My back was NOT happy for about a week, but gods was that release needed!

3 Likes

That’s hilarious and appropriate name. Too funny!! I haven’t listened to AA much lately. New lead singer now. I was up front drinking a beer next to security guy is how I stayed out of the pit. It was a small venue too.
I’m familiar with Flogging Molly. Were you able to do an Irish jig and mosh at the same time? No wonder you threw your back out. xD But the release is definitely worth it eh?

1 Like

I can’t remember which AA song it was, but one that my daughter (who was 15 at the time) loved had the lyric “I wear it proudly” but it sounded like “I want a brownie.” I also really enjoyed the song, but that part would crack us up.

2 Likes

Actually, there was an Aussie next to me when “Flag” finished. He looked at me and with a wild grin he shouted, “You Yanks are fookin crazy, mate!” I started laughing and launched him back into the pit with a headbutt to the chest as Drunken Lullabies started in. Good Stuff.

Small venues were always great for pits! I was at a show-must have been '96 or 97…A ska band from Reno, NV called the Mudsharks was playing their last gig in Chico, CA. The show was sponsored by the Chico State Rugby Team(unofficial) Half of the pit was nothing but drunken walls of flesh, eager to give and receive the hardest blows they could dish out. I slammed into one guy, accidentally elbowing him across the jaw as I did so. As I stooped over to help him off the floor, he yelled, “THAT’S WHAT I TALKIN’BOUT!!” and then TOSSED me across the pit. I’m not a small guy. At the time I was working fence lines, and weighed 185-190 with a lot of muscle in there. He casually flicked me across the room like I was a kleenex. I didn’t know whether to shit myself, run out the back door, or get ready for the worst beating of my life!

3 Likes

That reminds me of taking my then 13 yr old daughter to warped tour, there was a band she wanted to see and there show had already started but she wanted to be close, so I told her and her friend to grab my tee shirt and not let go for anything. Walked her up and thru the pit and paused on the other side check them out make sure they where ok and ready to continue the journey to the fence Lin at the stage, well this jack ass came up ad shoved them both down, so me being army dad don’t mess with my girl, I grabbed him and picked him up and there’s him about 5 - 10 feet into the pit, needless to say they left them alone after that and we continued on our way up to the fence.

4 Likes

It’s the song I posted. Here it is with lyrics and it does sound like brownie. LMAO!!!

@paingawd I was never hardcore enough to get in the pit. But love watching. You are so metal. \m/>.<\m/

@Cutlass92 I’ve been to a couple Warped tours. So much fun. Cool parents to take your daughter. :sunglasses: Here’s the first one I went to. It’s been a few years back.

4 Likes

That’s cool! I took her to the 2010 show, she got pics with her favorite band at the time BOTDF, got her up front for that one as well.

2 Likes

That’s what was cool about those tours. The bands hung around for meet and greets, pics etc. Bigger venues it just don’t happen. And they would be in the crowd to watch the other bands. The only thing I didn’t like was having 4 stages I think it was going at once so you had to pick and choose which to watch. I usually watched half then go to another to catch their second half. It was alot of bands to see in one day. :sweat:
Blood on the Dance Floor. I always liked this song…

3 Likes

yes she was in love with dahvie vanity at the time she did her hair like him and everything. Here they run like 6 stages at a time or at least that year they did, that’s why I had to fight to get them to the front of the shows they wanted to see.

3 Likes

What color was her hair? :wink:

2 Likes

Here is one, she used to change it every week.

6 Likes

All different colors. She dyed it so much it all broke off from the bleaching. She had so much fun with it though!!!

5 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

While we are kinda on the subject of what @Cutlass92’s and my daughter used to listen to, try this. Metro Station was made up of Mylie Cyrus’s brother and the brother of the guy who played her brother on Hannah Montana.

4 Likes

I was so jealous!!! I was never allowed to do anything like that, so I let her go crazy with her appearance in high school. When else can you!!!

3 Likes

I’ve heard Metro Station. I’m trying to remember if they were at one of the Warped shows. I can’t remember. And yeah letting your daughter express herself like that is important. I grew up in a strict Christian home so I never got to dye my hair crazy wonderful colors. LOL I had to sneak away to go to the concerts I went to. :smirk:

3 Likes

I snuck away to do “other things” which is probably how baby girl came into the world the same year I graduated high school! Oops! :joy:

3 Likes

Well that goes along with it doesn’t it. Haaa! You know…sex…drugs…rock and roll! ♫

3 Likes

I went to a LOT of shows back in HS by telling the 'rent’s I was going to hit up a poetry reading or see a midnight movie with the youth group from church. Hell, one of the guys in group was the one that turned me onto Slayer and Megadeth!

2 Likes