What's your local vape shop like? :)

Good post. I’m in Sunnyvale CA/Silicon valley. It’s vape store Disneyland here with every type of store you could imagine (we even have TPA mixing up the road). The only downer is that all the shops are located in ANTZ crazed Northern CA. As a result, state vape laws are scrupulously obeyed to the point of shut down and go out of business if you help the vaper the wrong way. One thing about this new US/Fed. administration, they tend to leave us vapers/businesses alone (probably too screwed up to get to us).

5 Likes

I am in N. FL and my local B&M is great! They sold me my first RDA and helped to make me coil and wick it myself, saying that they wouldn’t do a thing for me. They put on a video tutorial and “told” me how to do it while I asked if I was doing anything stupid. They also have some pretty good house juices.

Since that first time, they put in video games and a pool table, a bar, and I saw the pool table make way to a large dining table.

They now have a bar that serves meads and local beer!
My husband and I have stopped in for vape supplies, just to get tempted by the great beer and mead selection, (I cant find a mead I really like, but they let me try…).
They have everything one needs for DIY eliquid and candy making. They had candy for me(made with popular flavors, I brought home a couple suckers for the kid last time I was there).

It is because of them that I even started making my own juice. I hardly ever order anything online.

The staff is knowledgeable and the owners are great people. The prices are not marked way up at all. The flavors are comparable to online purchase and I got some good deals on gear that I couldn’t have gotten online with shipping and all. I really don’t understand how they make it, but it must work for them.

The owner schedules DIY juice classes too.

It was one of their guys that recommended this site to me!

Beer, mead, good conversation, and DIY all in one place.
Lifted Spirits Vape & More (Craft Beer, Mead, and Vape Lounge)

324 St Johns Ave, Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 385-3787 https://g.co/kgs/2EaE8v

15 Likes

I live in the Midlands in Britain, don’t have a lot of use for B&M vape shops, especially not since I got to be too disabled to get further than the end of my (very short) street w/o transport . And especially not since TPD, which has wiped out my (already very slim) chances of finding a juice that will suit me in those places. (NP, though. I’m now totally DIY-ing, anyway ).

The kit can usually be found a great deal cheaper online , ofc,

That said, i’ve ben really impressed with the few vape shops i’ve visited. Maybe I’ve been lucky, but they’ve been relaxed places, run by enthusiasts who are more than happy to share their enthusiasm , and I’ve enjoyed having the chance to try out the klit , and even to try out the juice at one (a market stall) that actually stocked a PG-free juice (but that was before the TPD) .

And hats off the Smokey Joe’s! I visited their Leamington branch once, and not only did I get some knowlegable advice about kit,from a guy who had plenty of time to ask what i was looking for and go though the options; it was all on sale at the exact same price as their online store. Even my non-vaping non smoking friend, who was with me, raved about the place, afterwards! It certainly made a much more more pleasant experience than online shoppng, and what was neant to be just a quick diversion to buy some new coils turned out to be one of the high spots of our afternoon out

And, ofc, i ended buying some new kit too :laughing: Can’t say i actually needed new kit, but didn’t regret that in the least.

4 Likes

The nearest vape shop from my house almost stopped me from vaping, because of a certain… problem Could you inhale wrong?

The second vape store not only trying to told me ALL THAT, but actually told me that vaping is expensive and DIY is more expensive (of course, they made their own juice), and if i want to vape fror less money, i should stop and go back to cigarette…

I only do online shopping for my vaping needs since that experience.

To be fair, it was around August - September of 2017, and i haven’t visit another vape shop after that. Hopefully they’ve changed now.

I forgot, the atmosphere is very relax, you could vape ands build anywhere in teh shop, and both have tables outside too. however, some of the sellers and customers brought their children there, so it was a bit awkward for me, at least.

3 Likes

Some shops are really run by class 1 idiots… unbelievable and very understandable why you shop online now.

Weird though that it’s so easy to find a vape shop but so difficult to find a really good one. This thread just confirms my own experiences… they’re out there but most shops really don’t live up to expectations.

3 Likes

I live SW of chicago and the shops here are horrible. Overpriced, charging $4 to try the samples, and selection is limited. I have to drive give or take an hour to get liquid and wire from two different shops. When my wife and I were living in Texas, there was a shop around every corner that would let you come in and vape and hangout, let you try whatever liquids you wanted, even had some pod mods to try out. I’ve been sticking with online only unless im out of concentrates and nicotine then I go to the closest shop to get e liquid

5 Likes

My local vape shop is like Narnia)))))))

3 Likes

Mine doesnt have very good choice. Specially because FA has some exclusive deals with one shop, so my fav shop isnt included ;-( (TPA only)

3 Likes

there is a shop close to me just like that ,all the employees are to busy showing off their tricks . One day i walked in and after awhile i was finally greeted by a guy blowing a ring and walking through it right in front of me i never returned

8 Likes

Ooh yeah! I too keep a shedload of spare kit in the back of my wardrobe! :grin:

7 Likes

Store name / location? I’m in Raleigh. Need a good vape shop.

4 Likes

Love to know this myself. I’m in Durham and it would be nice to have a place to get stuff if I need something right away. Having a place to meet with fellow vapers and hang out would be nice too. Looks like there are a couple of us in the Triangle area here.

5 Likes

Cloud 9. There is one on Wake Forest Rd not far from 440 and there is also one on 401in Garner. Well, it’s a Raleigh address but it’s right by the 70/401 split.

4 Likes

Wow. 5 min down the road from me. I’m near Tryon. 295 exit Gorman st

3 Likes

I go to both but the one on 401 is my main place. Jeff, the guy who is usually running the store, is a super nice and patient guy.

4 Likes

Hello Suomynona.
I live in the U.S. in the state of Indiana,when I first got into vaping around 2013 I would travel to the capitol of our state actually a suburb or just outside of the city call Avon Indiana there’s about five different shops within less than an 8 mile area,and there’s maybe 3 shops in my rural area but those shops really do not have much in selections for for E-liquid.
Before and after regulations were imposed you could vape in store and its still that way,about the only restrictions that have taken effect is that none of them are selling their own house blended E-liquids now.
About a week ago our state put into law a go ahead for vape shops to continue on with the sales of CBD oils,but on the negative side some counties here voted to ban vaping in bars and public places,which was just extensions to local laws banning smoking in public places.
The main shop I’ve shopped at for 2 years now has a good selection of E-liquids in brand and flavor and they also allow you to test them in store but they have discontinued to sell Smok brand mods and tanks,and since its a family owned business it is a problem because the son who works at the store thinks everyone should buy what her uses.
But I still like Smok big baby tanks etc,so I just order that online,though the fellow I mentioned did talk me into a Uwell Valyrian which I absolutely love for flavor,I guess the up side to this vape shop is the in store credits you get with each purchase.
To sum it up my thoughts are the upside of vape shops is being able to go in and get batteries you can trust and the down side is really this kind of goes for online shopping and brick and mortar stores is that you really have no guarantee of a recourse on defective mods etc.
My main shop will set them up fill them and test them for you before you leave the but other than that if these things die on you after you leave the store your pretty much stuck with it,I’ve been lucky enough that I’ve never had a problem with any of my devices though.

3 Likes

Wow @OldSchool, 1.30 EUR for a pack of 20? You’re lucky you don’t have to pay what Australians pay for cigarettes. The high cost here is what got me started on vaping so it’s not a bad thing I suppose. For anyone interested, it costs about $30.00 for a pack of 25 here :rage: A quick currency conversion on CoinMill gives the following equivalents:

23.00 USD
18.66 EUR
16.35 GBP

Glad you don’t have to pay those prices anymore eh? I haven’t been for the last 3 years (nearly). Keep safe…

6 Likes

I’m from Perth, Western Australia and we don’t really have B&M outlets per se. We have the worst vape laws in Australia as far as I know. Totally illegal to buy or sell e-cigs that “resemble or mimic” an actual cigarette. I know there’s a very small number of shops in existence (maybe 2 or 3) just by googling tonight but not in the normal sense of the word. Did a quick search and everything they sell is grossly overpriced, especially the 0mg premade juice lines. Cheapest I saw was $10.00 for 30mls of “god-knows-what”. Everything else is even more expensive. I had to get my first lot of nicotine from New Zealand at $28.00 for 250mls. Nearly finished that and next order I’ll get it from NicRiver. Used to get my juice from Vista in the States landed at about $12.00 per 30mls but at least it had nicotine in it. Thank the Vape Gods I’m making my own these days!

Even if we do get to have actual vape shops here in WA I still don’t think I’d frequent them. Just like I’ve seen here, most of them (not all) would most probably be inhabited by immature idiot grommets anyway. Don’t need the aggravation ha-ha If you plan enough ahead, it’s much easier and cheaper to just order online I reckon. Anyways, I’ve bored you long enough eh? Cheers y’all…

10 Likes

Rural area outside Avon? Do you live in Danville lol I’m from indiana too, I live outside of mooresville

3 Likes

The vape shop I go to, the owner is about the only one on my level, the info I have about vaping is one of those “I know it because I lived it”, because I started back when ego pens where just hitting the craze, or the ce-3’s, at least.
The owner mixes his own juice so that’s where I really get along with him, (plus common interest and other hobbies), but the folks that work there all kind Charlie brown teacher me out when I start asking about nicoticket or cutwood and pink juice or AV clone wars, or days when you had to drill air holes, or mods without AFC…

It’s kind of overpriced but a shoutout to Suomynona who said “Conveience and service should not be free”, for a mod that I bought from them today. Way overpriced when I went home and checked it out, but they nor any local store had much choice so…i went with who I knew.

5 Likes