What's your local vape shop like? :)

It used to be called Cafe Ecig but after he left for the big clouds in the sky they voted to rename it Legacy Vapor Cafe.

3 Likes

Wow @Ken_O_Where I’m about ready to make the trip. Sounds like a Class A establishment to me.

…formerly Cafe eCig

To honor the late Chris Krodel; co-owner Lorrie Krodel and the entire Cafe eCig staff have resolved to change our name and logo. This decision was made to pay a well deserved tribute to Chris and to fully recognize the legacy he left behind.

Chris authored all of Cafe eCig’s eLiquid recipes and the Cafe would have never came to fruition without his wonderful presence and contributions. We hope you love our new name and logo as much as we do.

Let’s all make Chris’ legacy and memory live on!

Peace, love & happy vaping,

the Legacy Team

P.S. Thank you for your continued support and patience while we make changes to this site and the store. If you have any issues and/or questions, please call or email us right away!

https://www.cafeecig.com/

8 Likes

Holler if you do and ill try to meet you there. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Sorry about not putting the link in my post, i went a little derpy it seems.

5 Likes

My local vape shop should be holding to their contract with the overall owner but still they charge 10% more then they should. I contacted the main owner about this and they tell me prizes recently changed and the shop should ask the prizes listed on the website. They are not friendly and most of the time the person behind the counter doesn’t know their business. I’m not going there anymore and will order everything online from now on. Maybe @anon28032772 knows a good shop in Belgium but I doubt there is one.

5 Likes

I’m getting depressed looking for a great vape shop… there’s a good vape shop/dvd rental place in Tielt-Winge (between Leuven and Diest). They don’t belong to a chain so they have a lot more freedom to order what customers need, they’re good people… but they’re expensive, can’t vape inside, spend a lot of time on individuals so it’s often a long wait. Still the best I’ve found.
Too many shops, means they have limited customers and limited choice in what they can stock.

4 Likes

Vaping needs to be promoted more in Belgium. It’s sad to see that there are so few vape shops there.

4 Likes

There are a lot of vape shops if you ask me. The biggest issue is the local laws for vaping.
Last year the govt lost €100M in taxes thanks to vaping, they’ll do everything to keep people smoking.

3 Likes

I am so sad to hear about. Your government is happy to let people die horrible deaths from smoking to make more money than to offer them a safer alternative to smoking and perhaps give up smoking completely? How very very wrong of them.

They should rather think about how much of the tax payers money they will save from not having to treat patients in public hospitals for cancer and emphysema caused by smoking tobacco products.

4 Likes

ANd I think I have just hijacked this thread. My apologies.

4 Likes

I started DIY because of the poor service & or atmosphere in my local shops.
Playing Devil’s Advocate, I understand how expensive it is to lease commercial space, renovate, stock materials, train & maintain employees. Then get hammered by every state & local regulation imaginable. These things apply to any brick and mortar establishment. Pile on the “Sinful Portrayal” of the industry overall, it’s not easy… every business is in business to turn a profit. Cost of doing business is very high, especially in a B&M shop. Every square foot of space costs X number of -$$'s every day.
This industry is a bit like the Wild West. Thousands of equipment choices & thousands of juice choices. Mind boggling.
I don’t know how many of these shops have survived, but I do know why many have not… Being that the service in my local shops drove me into DIY.

9 Likes

Just terrible. …That’s even an understatement. They sell cotton for a $1.50 per strip out of the Cotton Bacon V2. I didn’t ask for it but I saw that happen. With me starting all over again I needed juice plus new batteries. $70 for 4 batteries and a bottle of 60ml 6mg K. Custard. They were upset that I ordered new mods online vs coming to them on their huge Smok collection. No juice over 6mg and only a few bottles of that, 0-3mg and you’re good to go for about 1000 bottles. Nothing has any price in their shop, I understand everything in this community can be bargained with, but at least have something with a price. No cotton in the bags were what they told the customer, only selling the strips. Then onto their coil selection…absolutely no spooled wire, ohm meters, etc. Only sell mods, tanks and juice with prebuilt coils there.

My last shop which is about an hour away is awesome even if they catch newbies into buying $40 eGo type kits. They at least carry the basics there for builders. They carry an awards program vs the one I’m near. They carry the “Bring your full paycheck in to us,” mindset.

Maybe I’m wrong but I understand about rents, etc but robbing people like this and not even helping others is just sad. …:roll_eyes::unamused:

9 Likes

Although I’m a little younger than you, everything you just said is correct!!! I absolutely agree with you. It’s the same here where I’m at and it’s quite sad to see. It’s like buy our stuff and dare don’t build, whereas before everyone wanted you to build. Flavors are terrible in choice for newbies and the atmosphere is more that dumb around here. Should be catered to everyone and the stigma needs to be focused on stopping the other habit and helping others. That trend has indeed faded away. I dare not go back to the one store we have in this town. The old store of mine was awesome but an hour away from me…:unamused:

7 Likes

LoL this made me remember my first Vape shop experience. They sold “paraphernalia”, digital and paper P0rn and the early Vape gear. Not sure which garnered more neighborhood scorn, but the last time I went their doors were chained with a Government padlock. My next Vape shop was run by a couple paranoid dudes looking down the barrel of 2015 skittering to stay on the right side of the Law… Weird that selling Vape stuff can feel so sketchy. I haven’t felt that psuedo-guilty since I went into Tractor Supply to buy a couple cases of quart Mason Jars …hey? I was making Apple Butter :smirk:

9 Likes

This is my local vape shop.

Its quite small but has a good selection and the owner + staff (all 1 of them) are helpful and know their shit.
If anyone likes shiny shiny mech mods they have a good selection.

6 Likes

I would love to see shops get their S**T together. Find the right balance that makes their business strong & appealing for customers to want to pay a bit more for great service.
I was happy paying $.20/ml for juice. I bought 250 to 500ml’s at a time. Standing order for average house blend. When the service was ok…
When the service declined & the cost jumped to near .40/ml I had enough!
It was meant to be I guess cause now I’m here to stay!

8 Likes

There’s a shop here that charges .70 per ml for house juice.

6 Likes

It was the total failure in the customer service department that lost me as a customer. Not the cost of juice.
I run a business myself & know that I must not only provide good work but a good experience for my customers.

8 Likes

Well let’s put it this way, I left a review of them and their service on FB, let’s just say it turned into a 5 hr argument telling me I was I liar and getting paid by their competition.

7 Likes

So how much did you make?

7 Likes

Well, supposedly I got a free bottle of juice.

5 Likes