What's your preferred pg/vg ratio

I am a Firm Believer in Aspire Products. I Totally agree with you there. It does appear that the Sub Ohm stuff from kanger is a lot better than past Kanger stuff. But the Atlantis is quite nice as well. One thing I got to admit I like about the Kanger Subohm Mini and the Larger one as well, They come with a included buildable deck. Also their coils come with the good organic Japanese cotton in them. I’m sure that Aspire will soon have a buildable deck as well, It’s in the pipeline I hear to change to the Japanese cotton. It’s pretty unusual for Aspire to have to copy Kanger but as they say, Payback Is A MF, as they say…

1 Like

I’ve not even started looking into subohm gear yet other than watching reviews etc.

I am contemplating something like iStick30w or a VamoV7 or maybe the MVP3 as my next mod so that I have a chance to sub-ohm if I choose too.

The only trouble I’m having at the moment with my MVP2.0 is that I can’t get 2 solid days vaping out of the 2600mah when I’m using my Nautilus at 10w lol but then lately (this past week) I’ve been lung hitting on the largest hole lol (used to be a mouth to lung)

J

I have the 20w, 30w, and the 50w Eleaf Istick in my shop now. I don’t have one in front of me and may be remembering wrong but though the 30w will handle both the Atlantis and the Kanger Subohm, it is only 2200mah. You need the 50w unit. It is 4400mah and you can go to a .2 ohm coil if necessary. Sounds like it was made specially for you…Hell I need the 50w for myself LOL

1 Like

The istick 50 watt isn’t much more money than the 30 and it lasts me almost 3 days of me vaping on 10 w …that’s just reg week vaping . Chain Vape on weekends varies lol

2 Likes

My next mod purchase is still a little way away yet. Hell I’ve only been using my MVP since Xmas eve lol.

When I was using the iClear30 with it it seemed to last forever on 9w. I think I racked up 7 days between charging but I was still using analogues a little then too.

When the time comes for my next mod I’ll be sure to consider the iStick50w. I may pop into my Local Vape Shop and sample some of the gear available. Up until now all my purchases have been from research and buying on Amazon.

J

The 30W is enough for the Subtank - I’ve never gone over 25W with mine. The atlantis I vape at ~34W though.

That said. I really want a 50W iStick, but I have no use for it :stuck_out_tongue: Let’s see how long I can hold out ;D

1 Like

We’ll probably be hearing you picked up a 50w next week, LOL

2 Likes

Equipment evolves pretty quickly these days. That’s for sure. How quickly our newest and greatest things become dinosaurs…

1 Like

I think everyone needs and deserves an istick 50 …especially daath

4 Likes

My 50w is in the mail! I also ordered an Atlantis! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Your gonna love it …I charge it every three days …it’s amazing ! Well built !

1 Like

Buy Goblin and you will have a very great reason for 50W (:

I’ve got the istick 30w with the subtank mini. I recently ran some Vintage Vapors “The Kraken” thru it at 98% vg. I had asked if it would be ok with the OCC to run that high a VG and was reassured by the shop personal that he had the same setup and did not have a problem. well I did and it burnt the 3rd hit every time so i took it back and they switched out the head and it was fine after that. The problem was the OCC .5 ohm heads were redesigned i believe (went from the white grommets to red and the air holes on the bottom of the head were cut different?). So if anyone has the same issue keep that in mind. but to get back on topic I am just starting DIY and i try to stick with a 70 vg 30 pg.

Hi! I have a super noob/ beginner question. I just started mixing my own e liquid and I was wondering how to get the 70/30 ratio in milliliters without nicotine

@MarianaCC
All four of the basic e-liquid ingredients are either PG or VG themselves (dilutants) or else PG-based or VG-based (flavoring and nicotine). Without nicotine as an added PG or VG based ingredient, you just calculate how much PG is going into your final mix from your flavoring(s) (assuming you’re using PG-based flavoring), and then figure out how much PG and VG dilutant to add from there.

To take a very simple example:
Let’s say you’re making a 10 mL bottle of e-liquid, no nicotine, with a 10% flavoring concentration using PG based flavoring, and you’ve got two flavorings you want to use in equal proportion to each other. Let’s also say you want the final mix to be 70% VG and 30% PG.

10% of 10 mL is 1 mL, so you’re going to need a total of 1 mL of flavoring. In our example, then, we’ll be using 0.5 mL of the first flavoring, and 0.5 mL of the second. Since the flavorings are PG-based, we don’t have any VG at all in the mix yet, so we need to use the entire 70% of 10 mL (7 mL) of VG in the form of VG dilutant. For the PG, we’re going to need a total of 30% of the 10 mL (i.e., 3 mL) in the final mix, but we already have 1 mL of PG in the form of flavoring. That means we’ll need to add an extra 2 mL of PG dilutant.

1 mL of PG-based flavoring + 2 mL of PG dilutant + 7 mL of VG dilutant = 10 mL of e-liquid.

I highly suggest using this site’s e-liquid recipe calculator for more complex recipes:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

If you’re using the calculator, set your “desired strength” to zero and your “Nicotine Strength” to zero. Then set your “desired PG” to whatever you want, add your flavors, and the calculator will tell you how much extra PG/VG is needed to get to the ratio you want.

Before I ask my question I need to point out I am a complete beginner on this site and at mixing. If I’m posting in the wrong place, please correct me?!

My first impression is that most recipes are VG weighted. I am a MTL vaper and use either 60% PG/40% VG or 50/50 mixes. If I follow the flavour % of a high VG recipe but use a higher PG mix would this adversely affect the flavour?

The reason I ask is my mixes so far (I’ve only tried 5 recipes :blush:) have been lacking in flavour despite being between 10%-15% total flavour amount. The flavours just seem muted. Perhaps I’ve just used unproven recipes (not from this site by the way) or I’m getting something wrong. I’ve also just read that low quality nicotine can mute flavours. How the heck will I know if I have low quality nicotine?
Sorry if there are too many ?? In here!
If anyone can shed some light I would be very grateful :thinking::roll_eyes: THANKS

The general consensus is that PG carries flavor better than VG, so if anything, increasing the PG should increase the flavor. It’s marginal IMO, and either way doesn’t seem to make that much difference. I’ve gone from 50/50 PG/VG to 30/70 and not noticed a difference in the recipe.

If your mixes are flat, I’d suggest trying something like adding a sucralose based sweetener (if it isn’t already in the recipe) at around 2-5%. Also, watch out for Ethyl Maltol/Cotton Candy, as it is thought to mute mixes, too.

Here are some other threads about this:

3 Likes

@JoJo. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and for the additional threads.
I’ll gladly take your advice re sucralose sweetener @ 2-5% and see if that helps. I also wonder if your psychic, I have used both EM and Cotton Candy (circus) TFA in my first attempts (not together in the same recipe) I do like a sweet vape but that might just account for the muted fruit flavour.
I’ve never been great in the kitchen so I’m sure it will take me a while to get this right :joy:
Great advice :+1:, THANK YOU :ok_hand:

3 Likes

70vg/30pg

I use primarily RTAs, so the 70/30 wicks better for me. I rarely drip. Only use my RDAs when taste testing flavors. If I used them more often I’d go Max VG.

1 Like