What's your preferred pg/vg ratio

Interesting you should talk about those cloud-chasers like that. I was just telling my husband if we had our own shop, I would have a ‘Cloud Room’ for those that wanted to test out their cloud chasing abilities and leave the front room nice and vented well for the regular customers and guests. :slight_smile:

Thanks ringling i was taking your advice and try different combinations of pg/vg mixes. Ive like a lot but still trying to find that sweet spot but since your pretty familiar with aspire tanks and high vg mixes id like your input. I tried my 60/40 vg/pg mix in my nautilus bvc with a couple different airflows and it started gurgling i switched to a low vg and it stopped. Do you have that problem any or any suggestions?

Now don’t think I’m putting cloud chasers down Alisa. I associate with this type riff raff lol. I just thought it odd that someone who was blowing that amount of clouds couldn’t taste a favor that everyone else could. The amount of vapor wasn’t bothering anyone at the time. I do think it would be best for business to set up what you have in mind cause unfortunately it does bother some. One customer walk out can cost a sale that day, any future sales from that person, and possible bad rep from word of mouth to others. Your idea is a sound idea.

Question, is this nautilus you use a nautilus that came with a BVC coil or did it originally come with a BDC coil? If your Nautilus originally came with a BDC it may be a slight design difference between the old and new. When the BVC first came out, both in my shop and my buddy’s shop we were hearing stories that once a BVC coil was installed in the old nautilus units that they would leak juice out of the air holes. But read on, could this be the problem?

Now that I said that let me also say this. I don’t use a nautilus right now cause the last time I needed to change tanks all my vendors were out of the mini which was what I wanted. I’m using a viva nova with of cource a BVC coil. After using this animal for a while now, there does seem to be a small quirk with the larger fill holes in the coil. Consider this, you notice your car is a quart low on oil so you got a full quart of oil, pop the cap, and begin to pour that oil in BUT, you tipped the bottle angle too far, didn’t leave a little crack for air and the oil did not want to come out of the bottle. Ok now let’s go back to the BVC coil. What I have noticed was it is best to keep fluid levels above the fill holes in the coils. Same principle as the quart of oil. Once you start allowing that extra air in the fill holes, suddenly the juice wants to come out the air holes, in the case of the viva nova at the 510 threads on to my battery. In your case through your adjustable air. It is more likely the fact that you filled your tank fixed your problem. Bet you would have never guessed that, huh…

I was thinking about everything besides lol. But the coils now are not the originals i’m not sure if they were bvc or bdc coils. They had a gurgling I couldn’t fix and lucky my local vape shop was nice enough to swap them with two new bvc coils. That fixed it up but never paid attention to the originals to see what they were prob them bdc coils though.

Oh, I know what you meant and agree. Love those cloud-chasin guys too. Fun to watch. I just think it would be cool for them to have a space they felt comfortable having some contests in. Maybe have some work benches for them to collaborate on their ‘builds’ and such too.

And yes, the front of the house could be vented well (which cloud chasers wouldnn’t like), so new folks wouldn’t be walking into a foggy, cloudy room.

There is always the possibility of bad coils from the get go if they were new, Wicking material wasn’t done right. Many people ruin their coil before they even get to use the unit. Burn the material out of them by not priming the coil at startup. It is a absolute must to prime the new BVC coil before startup. I usually put 3-4 drops of juice in the coil, fill tank, then 10 firm drags with the power off. If you taste anything burnt after that then puff on it more without power. I believe I have replaced my coil 5 times since I started using my BVC tank. I had only one coil fail from electronics after six weeks. I unfortunately make mistakes too. I will not pay attention to my tank level and I’ll sometimes run the tank dry. If you taste burnt you’re burning your wick. Do this enough and you have nothing left to keep the juice out of the air holes. One coil for some reason was shooting hot pieces into my mouth. Not sure what was up with that. The rest were flooding. I do have the feeling had I discovered this Juice level thing earlier that it’s quite possible I would not have had to replace those coils as soon as I had. Funny though, it does not always leak into the airways at that lower level. Possible the position of the holes as you take a puff? Also it will no longer pour mass amounts of juice into the fill holes once to level is below the holes. I have the feeling Aspire is not done working on these coils quite yet. I think we are gonna see better wicking materials and possibly a fix for this at fill hole level leaking. I will say I would rather remember to keep the level of my juice above the fill holes rather than go back to the old coils that clogged up every 2 weeks. Nough said…

What you are describing is very much like my buddy’s vape shop. They have literally set up 2 wooded full size picnic tables in the shop plus a couch and TV. Those picnic tables, though a bit tough on the rear of ends, give plenty of room for taste testing (Not Shop Flavors), coil builds, cotton changes, and just plain hanging out. I wish I could set up something similar but I have a very small shop. Barely room for customer tasting. The one mistake I feel they made is that they have all this stuff in the very front of the shop. and in order to see any merchandise you go way to the back.

Now this may sound a bit tacky but it is rule of thumb, when you have people walking around in your store you want items of interest to catch their eye to tempt them to buy. Well that is quite difficult if people walk in the door and plop down on a couch or picnic table and never go anywhere near the merchandise. Preferably you set this up toward the back of the store, WELL VISIBLE (perhaps by mounting the TV on the very rear wall) and have people walked by the merchandise to get to the fun area. Now that would make more sense to me…

1 Like

I vape anywhere from 70-95% VG / 30-5% PG. The less PG, the better. I am loving my recent custard mixes at around 13% PG (flavors only).

I drip 95% of the time. The CLT V2+ is my goto atty at the moment. It’s the best for those who want max flavor without sacrificing airflow options.It has 2 airflow directions - 2x cyclops holes across the coil and 2 smaller airflow holes that come through the negative post and underneath the coil. The deck is lifted way off the deck so air is allowed to flow throughout. Love it!

Where are you located ringling? If you don’t mind me asking.

No problem. In Texas, US

In the UK most shop bought eliquid is generally a 70/30 PG/VG.

Specific vape shops carry 50/50 blends too.

I’m a 50/50 guy with my juices and I too use a Nautilus with BVC’s.

I haven’t experienced any gurgling since I follow these steps.

Keep the tank with more than 1ml of juice in it.
When not using close the air hole valve.

When filling and cleaning etc keep the air hole valve closed.

This keeps the negative pressure within the tank and stops the juice from forcing through the air hole valve.

I’ve only just changed my BVC after almost 6 weeks of vaping.
I performed 2 or 3 rinses and dry burns during this time to clean it out.

Worked pretty well. Youtube vids on how to do it.

J

I thinks it the same here in the states or at least the vendor juices I have tried have been 70/30 or some 60/40 pg/vg. I have never heard of storing the nautilus with the air hole closed just when replacing the bottom portion after refilling. I am going to have to try that though. Nothing like have your favorite juice run out of the bottom.

Not until recently have I tried dry burning. After reading the aspire site and the vendor I bought it from keep repeatedly say not to dry burn. Then I did some research and tried it for myself for the first time and was surprised that it work. And dang 6 weeks on one coil is pretty amazing.

I now use the Nautilus mini and haven’t run into problems with the juice wanting to come out of the air holes but I can tell you for sure the Aspire Viva Nova does exactly what you are describing with the nautilus. At first I did not figure out the problem and changed 2 perfectly good coils thinking they were bad. You have got to keep the Viva Nova filled at least above the holes in the coil where the juice enters. Otherwise when air is introduced into the coil fill holes it loses the negative pressure and practically drains the tank and yes GURGLING. Viva Nova has air holes at the 510 connection and when the battery fills with juice it gurgles, plus no vapor. Actually if it wasn’t attached to a battery it might drain the tank completely. Truth be told I think this is because they enlarged the holes in the coil but I can tell you that I would much rather be sure to keep the unit filled rather than replace coils every 2 weeks from clogging. Bet you agree with that…

3 Likes

It’s not that it comes out of the holes with mine.

More sort of gurgling whenever it floods slightly.

Simple fix for gurgling Nautilus tank is to switch to the largest hole, invert and blow out the juice into some kitchen paper.

Gurgle gone lol.

J

Just out of curiosity, do you have the BDC nautilus with a BVC coil in it? Or is it a new Nautilus. Curious cause I’ve heard from customers who tried putting the BVC coil in the old nautilus and complained about juice coming out of the air holes. At that time I was not yet aware of the quirk in the Viva Nova. If they approached me now I would ask if it was doing it when it’s needing to be refilled.

I have the new that’s supplied with the BVC.

J

1 Like

I use the new BVC with my old BDC-nautilus, and have no problems at all.

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Any ideas why a few have?

Not really - I did hear about a few that had leaking issues when starting to use BVC - as to why… I don’t know…