When do you taste test?

I’m lookin for a anise/licorice that is similar to Pernod and I have yet to find one but I suppose an absinthe would be the closest? idk haven’t tried Absinthe yet…besides LA anise the ones I have tried are more candy which I love licorice candy but for some reason I can’t take too much of it in a vape.

I gave that a thought but I would still try the single flavor test to be sure. Also consider this, it could be gas bubbles and not oil like bubbles. Consider the off with the cap steep overnight and see if it still does it (maybe try this first)

1 Like

Both FA licorice and anise are fantastic. The anise is very punchy and Pernod-ish. It took me a while to get a recipe down for this combo. I’m the same way as you about this flavor, I love it, but the mix has to be correct for an all day vape. This is what I came up with:

I love, or at least used to, love Anisette Liqueur on the rocks. The colder the better. Black Licorice Candy just does not compare Harrumph, Harrumph!! Now you done it, you made me double Harrumph…lol

What is Pernod? Is it like Anisette? If so Nicotine Labs Black Licorice is Spot On. They are affordable for the average joe but too high when buying for a shop. I prefer to find a substitute if I can…

1 Like

Its a higher end French spirit that’s more toward the Absinthe side then the sweet Anisette/Sambuca liqueur side

2 Likes

Oh well, I tried…Sounds like we both have a bit of a search ahead…

2 Likes

You could try adding a tiny bit of saline. I think sodium is an emulsifier…might help them blend together. As for the mixing thing, vortexing works great—centrifuging is what you need to stay away from to keep from causing separation.

3 Likes

SPINNER!!! Hahaha~ Dijon Mustard is also a great emulsifier…oh…wait…wrong forum;)

2 Likes

Absolutely. The very best you can get is Absinthe (DV)!

1 Like

Would you consider making a DV thread and putting some of the “must have” flavors which they make? I might spend the money to get them shipped over the pond!

2 Likes

I’d be interested as well. :smile:

1 Like

Ill give it a try, yelling it at certainly hasnt worked at all.

3 Likes

Oh man…if that worked, all my problems would be solved!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve heard/thought about doing this to make the flavors “pop”. It makes sense to me, I mean you season your food so why not a juice? Im assuming 1 drop per like 10ml? And there has to be a down side to this right? Otherwise it would be done to “season” every juice.
Also, any saline? Seeing that the majority I believe are pharma type grade? I haven’t bothered using any of the things like this, ie citric acidn, saline, etc…just plain old nic, vg, flavors but saline…hmmm

I had some of the same thoughts awhile back…I wound up not using it because it was said to gunk up coils really quickly. You’d want to use the plain saline solution for contacts (NOT the all in one cleaning stuff) or the baby nasal spray type stuff…anything as long as it is just saline.

1 Like

Gotcha, I’ll probably not bother then, I haven’t had a reason to use it thus far so unless I try someone’s recipe that absolutely calls for it, it doesn’t sound worth it

whats the best way?stir using magnetic stirrer or just shake the bottles?anyone can help me?and whats the best way to steep?using UC or just normal steeping at room tempreture?what if the best way for mixing n steep for mass batches

After years of mixing i can tell you that heat is bad. Some of the flavorings we use have very volatile aroma molecules and they change or dissipate very quickly with the addition of heat. Fruits flavorings are especially volatile.

When i mix i mix all the flavorings and nic first, shake a bit then add VG and shake. On the shelf it goes for a time period determined by what is in it. If there are no creams/custards it could be just a few days, during this time ill shake them several times. If they contain creams/custards they go on the shelf for a month minimum. I dont mix with tobacco’s but from what i am told they require the same or more time as custards.

Hope that helps nick.

2 Likes

I used to be a freak about mixing my juices, from a warm water bath to loosen the VG, to throwing it on my homemade spinners for an hour or so, etc etc…
Even though that worked well for me, I never noticed a huge difference in steeping times and all my cream/custard mixes still needed a week or so to steep.
So now I have become pretty lazy…I still use a warm water bath to work with my VG but I don’t bother with all the other stuff. I just give it a quick shake and throw it in a box and forget about it for a week or so and save myself some time.

Granted I have an insane amount of juices, so I’m never in a hurry to vape what I just mixed and a week goes by pretty quick.

This is just my opinion but I would save your $ and not go out and buy an expensive UC or whatever and just let time do it’s thing, that is if you have that luxury.

I have found that nothing but time really helps with steeping and even though there are some shortcuts, you still need time.

If I would do anything, I would use a frother because it is inexpensive and does the trick when it comes to blending

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

3 Likes

just ordered a vortex mixer last night … let the games begin LOL

1 Like