When you mix?

When you all mix, do you listen to music or anything? Or does it have to be silent?

5 Likes

I mix in the kitchen. Usually have the tv on in the living room with something mindless so I can pay attention to the scale. I don’t like mixing if it’s too quiet.

4 Likes

I listen to my kid making random noises in my ear; asking me dumb questions that I’ve answered a thousand times and her say “oohhhh that smells nice!” lol.

6 Likes

I gotta have some kind of background noise, could be music or the tv. I don’t listen to it, it’s just background noise to keep my mind from wandering

4 Likes

Listening to music and singing out loud

6 Likes

Pandora. Normally Robert Earle Keen Jr. radio.

5 Likes

Dittos ^^^^^

5 Likes

Definitely binge watch on Kodi while mixing. It’s the best. :smiley:

6 Likes

I smother myself in baked beans and only listen to Justin Bieber …

Thats normal right…?

19 Likes

I listen to whale noises and yes, I do it on porpoise.

17 Likes

Usually music but sometimes I binge watch something on Netflix. Last night was last season of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I half watch it but some shows I watch over again anyway.

6 Likes

google play music on the pixel xl usually for me but when I mixed yesterday I didn’t even bother as I was in a bit of a hurry to get all 7 testers mixed before my hair cut appt.

5 Likes

I mix in the kitchen. I get very zen when mixing so some background noise doesn’t bother me. I’ll usually chat with my wife too since I only mix when the kids are asleep.

4 Likes

I like to catch up on world events. All the horeshit they try to feed us, and a little of the real shit that’s actually happening. (Maybe) lol. A little music. Some delicious herb. :smiley:

6 Likes

I either listen to NPR or just hit random on the iPod.

4 Likes

I usually turn on Friends and just listen to it. I’ve seen the episodes enough times that I can just picture it in my head while watching the scale. :laughing:

7 Likes

Normally I play my drums while I mix, but once in a while I’ll play my fiddle.

SELFIE

I’m so full of shit. lmao

What ever normal day to day noise is going on TV, Stereo, dogs barking, or the loving wifey prattling around the house.
I do however draw the line and anyone in the “lab” while I mix It’s only the dining room that I’ve sectioned off but I don’t want to drip something on a furchild or trip over wifey so nobody comes in while I mix.

7 Likes

Unless it’s one of two the one where Joey builds the entertainment center and cuts the door in half or drills through Chandlers head.
Or the practical joke one. The Ross dummy falling down the stairs is too funny I’d fup uck something. lmao

3 Likes

Not that I sing worth a shit but whenever I do CK gets in my lap face as close to mine as possible acting like a giddy teen girl at a concert.

She’s the only one tall enough to jump my three foot divider that I section off my “lab” with and she would be over in in my lap. there is no stopping her. One night we were eating in front of the TV and something came on I absently started singing along and had a dog in my plate. thank god we were just having burgers and tots. the burger was in my hand and the tots went everyfunckin where. lmao

7 Likes

For you of course it is just let me know next time you do it. Oso loves baked beans Hey I got a question for you though wouldn’t that technically be beany weenies?

5 Likes